• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:39 PM

well its looking better all the time,ubisoft have agian confirmed that rayman is 1080p 60 frames whist the controller screen is 480p 60 frames in game,and that the wiiu fully supports this level of resolution support thats 7 x 480p 120 frames being supported clearly !!!!!

the wiiu also again is said to have loads of ram and has no issues with memory at all

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=184911

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:56 AM

' not a traditional next-gen system in terms of a graphical leap, as Nintendo has chosen a different direction
- not sure yet if Wii U can handle his vision of Beyond Good and Evil 2'

2-3x 360/ps3 folks. Keep your expectations in check.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:21 AM

^Ancel hasn't done anything in 3D on the Wii U yet.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:54 AM

Well at least this is a named developer :) This is good news, but not really anything significant. We all knew the wii u did 1080p and it had loads of ram.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#5 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:09 AM

' not a traditional next-gen system in terms of a graphical leap, as Nintendo has chosen a different direction
- not sure yet if Wii U can handle his vision of Beyond Good and Evil 2'

2-3x 360/ps3 folks. Keep your expectations in check.

^Ancel hasn't done anything in 3D on the Wii U yet.

Hes also not a rube.

Even just with 2d, he knows enough to be unsure if it can support what he wants to do with bge2.

If the machine had a n64-cube or ps2-ps3 power leap, that wouldn't be the case.

of course, all infos pointing to no consoles making that leap this gen.... Though Nintendo seems to be the most modest leap over ps3/360.

Not that it matters anymore. Visuals this gen is going to be won by art, not horsepower, and nintendo has some of the best in the business, and they know they have a lot to prove.

The wii u isn't a huge magnitude over ps360, but its enough to notice already, for people like me.

Zombi u, p-100, pikmin 3, and ironically nintendo land showcase things outside the capabilities of last gen. But all most people look at are shortcomings from production values/priorities, or minimalistic art direction, and attribute them to system power.

Nintendos heavy hitters are about to be shown, ones that were pulled from e3 for the sake of first impressions from a fickle, ignorant and verbal minority.

Its going to impress. Its going to be interesting to see how different people, with different preconcieved mindsets handle it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#6 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:18 AM

Hes also not a rube.

Even just with 2d, he knows enough to be unsure if it can support what he wants to do with bge2.

If the machine had a n64-cube or ps2-ps3 power leap, that wouldn't be the case.

of course, all infos pointing to no consoles making that leap this gen.... Though Nintendo seems to be the most modest leap over ps3/360.

Not that it matters anymore. Visuals this gen is going to be won by art, not horsepower, and nintendo has some of the best in the business, and they know they have a lot to prove.

The wii u isn't a huge magnitude over ps360, but its enough to notice already, for people like me.

Zombi u, p-100, pikmin 3, and ironically nintendo land showcase things outside the capabilities of last gen. But all most people look at are shortcomings from production values/priorities, or minimalistic art direction, and attribute them to system power.

Nintendos heavy hitters are about to be shown, ones that were pulled from e3 for the sake of first impressions from a fickle, ignorant and verbal minority.

Its going to impress. Its going to be interesting to see how different people, with different preconcieved mindsets handle it.

Weren't there leaked screenshots of BG&E2 recently, that actually looked like a pretty low quality PS360 game?

Sure, it's probably in alpha or beta right now and textures/effects and such aren't finalized, but I don't know if the game is really going to be that much of a jump from last-gen that the Wii U would be utterly incapable of handling it. To be honest I haven't seen any game that claims to be "next-gen" yet that doesn't look like something the Wii U could do. No one's made a quantum leap yet.

Posted Image

#7 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:44 AM

I will be crossing my fingers that he is wrong...and bg&e 2 will come out on Wii U and look amazing.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:59 AM

Weren't there leaked screenshots of BG&E2 recently, that actually looked like a pretty low quality PS360 game?

Sure, it's probably in alpha or beta right now and textures/effects and such aren't finalized, but I don't know if the game is really going to be that much of a jump from last-gen that the Wii U would be utterly incapable of handling it. To be honest I haven't seen any game that claims to be "next-gen" yet that doesn't look like something the Wii U could do. No one's made a quantum leap yet.

You'll have to bring that up with ancell, they are his words, not mone.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:03 AM

The wii u dev kits don't come with a specs sheet or anything. two tribes confirmed this to me personally on twitter, you have to try things and figure out the capabilities of the machine by attempting different things on it. his comment on beyond good and evil is not negative, it just means he's not tried yet so can't promise it can handle it

Edited by Crackkat, 07 September 2012 - 09:04 AM.

• Tre likes this
Posted Image

#10 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

we already know wii u stomps 360/ps3's azz, and the nextbox probably will be the same power or weaker, and so far has been having problems in manufactoring so it wont release for another 2 years probably, but who knows. ps4 will be more powerful than both most likely and sony will lose money again -_-

Signature_Fox.png

#11 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:33 PM

I hope he is right. The thing that kinda scares me about this is the fact that he hasn't used the system for anything beyond 2D. I also hope Beyond Good and Evil: 2 will run on the platform.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#12 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

right for the sake of commonsense and everything holy in the world lets look at this like informed educated adults not beeeattches or sony fanbabys

7x 480p 120 frames over 2 screens at the same time, in real time with 1 screen wireless is not 2x x360 to any person with math skills above a 3 year old ,lets for the sake of debate stop the 3 year old act !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......

x360 1024X600p near 60 frames for say COD and 1280x720p for say battlefield there is no 1080p 30 or 60 frames on x360 and no second screen anywere last time i checked....

thats 2x 480p near 60 frames , wiiu is doing 120 frames split between 2 screens and 480p on 1 screen and 1080p onthe other thats 7x 480p over 2 screens

last time i did math 7x 480p and 120 frames is vastly ahead of 2x 480p and 60 frames NOT NEXT GEN AH-HHHMMMM and gamepad and wii motion plus are clearly next gen to anything ms or sony have to offer

and those hoping for a sony come back are breeding unicorns as 3DS has proven this imposible as 3DS has a 10to1 userbase over psvita the same would happen to ps4 lets just be honest here 3DS userbase is wider than DS psp proving that once disrupted you cannot return your dead nintendo knows this lol ps4 all powerful keep dreaming fanboys hahahahahahaha

2x x360 would be 4x 480p clearly wiiu is doing 7 x 480p and 120 frames thats clearly more like 4x x360 as has been rumored for months suggestion!!!!

now apply 7x480p and 120 frames to just a tv set no support for second screen or minimum support for it and apply that power to a sub 1080p resolution i think thats way way way more than 2x x360

Edited by thehappening, 07 September 2012 - 02:17 PM.

#13 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

I gotta say this is Pretty believable.

I expect the Wii U to have AT LEAST 2 GB RAM, though judging by this I wouldn't be supposed if it was even 4 GB!

In terms of Next-Gen I honestly think the Wii U won't be considered Fully Next Gen, because Nintendo doesn't want to compete with it's competitors

But if this BEAUTIFUL game can run 1080p60, well, then that's all next gen need! Not 4K, not Virtual Reality glasses!

Edited by Heyheyharold, 07 September 2012 - 03:24 PM.

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

right for the sake of commonsense and everything holy in the world lets look at this like informed educated adults not beeeattches or sony fanbabys

7x 480p 120 frames over 2 screens at the same time, in real time with 1 screen wireless is not 2x x360 to any person with math skills above a 3 year old ,lets for the sake of debate stop the 3 year old act !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......

x360 1024X600p near 60 frames for say COD and 1280x720p for say battlefield there is no 1080p 30 or 60 frames on x360 and no second screen anywere last time i checked....

thats 2x 480p near 60 frames , wiiu is doing 120 frames split between 2 screens and 480p on 1 screen and 1080p onthe other thats 7x 480p over 2 screens

last time i did math 7x 480p and 120 frames is vastly ahead of 2x 480p and 60 frames NOT NEXT GEN AH-HHHMMMM and gamepad and wii motion plus are clearly next gen to anything ms or sony have to offer

and those hoping for a sony come back are breeding unicorns as 3DS has proven this imposible as 3DS has a 10to1 userbase over psvita the same would happen to ps4 lets just be honest here 3DS userbase is wider than DS psp proving that once disrupted you cannot return your dead nintendo knows this lol ps4 all powerful keep dreaming fanboys hahahahahahaha

2x x360 would be 4x 480p clearly wiiu is doing 7 x 480p and 120 frames thats clearly more like 4x x360 as has been rumored for months suggestion!!!!

now apply 7x480p and 120 frames to just a tv set no support for second screen or minimum support for it and apply that power to a sub 1080p resolution i think thats way way way more than 2x x360

Its funny, because you don't even remotely comprehend the difference in computational overhead between 2d and 3d games, are completely clueless, yet disgustingly obnoxious.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:34 PM

Its funny, because you don't even remotely comprehend the difference in computational overhead between 2d and 3d games, are completely clueless, yet disgustingly obnoxious.

Correct running a 2d game at 1080p is not a good way to tell power at all If I used my Computers Integrated Chipset (ATI 4200) I will still be able to lots of 2d Games in 1080p around 30 or so sometimes higher fps depending on detail of the game.(note 6 gigs of ram in my system might have also helped it)

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 07 September 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#16 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

You lost me at 7x.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!