Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:42 AM

So there is an article on IGN about Bethesda still not convinced on the merits of developing on the Wii U. This got me thinking. I can't blame them...a lot of developers probably wait it out at new launches...in fact most of them do. They want time. What does the post launch outlook look like? What do you think the factors are? I believe companies like Bethesda are waiting to see what kind of numbers Nintendo moves and how its received.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#2 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:07 AM

its aaaall about hardware sales and core gamer software sales. these are the two key things devs are waiting for. for a system launch the wii u's third party support is better than what the ps360 had at launch so things are looking good so far, buy good third party games people!!
Posted Image

#3 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:49 AM

its aaaall about hardware sales and core gamer software sales. these are the two key things devs are waiting for. for a system launch the wii u's third party support is better than what the ps360 had at launch so things are looking good so far, buy good third party games people!!

The three games I want for the system at launch are 3rd party games so shouldn't have a hard time.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#4 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

Im sure they will jump on board when they see all the gamers like me hovering over this thing like every second lol. the support has been great for wii u and just keeps getting better even though xbox devkits have already been sent out nobody is talking about those because the Wii u has the best support so far.

Signature_Fox.png

#5 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

I think that Nintendo is providing the perfect balance between first and third party content at launch. For me there is quite a bit of compelling stuff coming from Nintendo, but I still will probably buy third party content exclusively at launch.

What I am trying to say is that the first party content doesn't outshine the third party content, but it is still there, and very strong.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#6 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

I think that Nintendo is providing the perfect balance between first and third party content at launch. For me there is quite a bit of compelling stuff coming from Nintendo, but I still will probably buy third party content exclusively at launch.

What I am trying to say is that the first party content doesn't outshine the third party content, but it is still there, and very strong.

Agree'd 100% - I think this is smart on Nintendo's choice too...I can't help but think lack of multiple 1st party titles is part of their grand scheme to showcase the 3rd party support.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#7 Mignaga

Mignaga

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

Agree'd 100% - I think this is smart on Nintendo's choice too...I can't help but think lack of multiple 1st party titles is part of their grand scheme to showcase the 3rd party support.

It didn't work so well with the 3DS, but they seemed to have learned from that mistake.

Mig_Sig.png

#8 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

It didn't work so well with the 3DS, but they seemed to have learned from that mistake.

Yeah, because the 3rd party release games aren't trash people don't want lol
Posted Image

#9 Mignaga

Mignaga

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

Yeah, because the 3rd party release games aren't trash people don't want lol

This.

Mig_Sig.png

#10 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:24 AM

Honestly, if Bethesda doesn't want to work with Wii U, oh well. It's their loss. The power is there. If I want to play one of their games in the future, I'll play it on PC, as that is something I'm considering building in the future. What will make me boycott a title on any platform will be if they strip it down for the Wii U (when they don't have to).

#11 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

Honestly, if Bethesda doesn't want to work with Wii U, oh well. It's their loss. The power is there. If I want to play one of their games in the future, I'll play it on PC, as that is something I'm considering building in the future. What will make me boycott a title on any platform will be if they strip it down for the Wii U (when they don't have to).

I won't lie, their denial to work with the system gets me really curious as to why. I really wish they weren't so vague with their statements...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!