Photo

Why would a graphical leap be a bad move for MS and Sony?

Sony Microsoft

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Shadiwulf

Shadiwulf

Shy Guy

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:31 AM

If the PS4 and Nextbox are overpowered how would that be bad for them?

#2 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

If the PS4 and Nextbox are overpowered how would that be bad for them?

Ummm...

#3 kirbylover

kirbylover

Kirby And Pikachu are Freakin awesome

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Fandom:
    kirby,mario kart,mario,anything nintendo

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:40 AM

Why the heck are you talking about.... sony on a nintendo website

Signature_Mewtwo.png

Pokedex entry: Mewtwo: The butt pokemon. It is really sexy and any pokemon that sees it wants to have sex with it. It's power comes from it's butt.

#4 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:42 AM

We are free to discuss other consoles.

#5 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

The only problem for them would be that they would be expensive at launch. But they need to have a lot of power, because that's what the customers expect.

#6 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:07 AM

The General Gaming section is for talking about all consoles, not just those by Nintendo. I don't think graphical leaps would be bad for MS and Sony, as long as it doesn't cause the consoles to be ridiculously expensive.

#7 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:22 AM

Because the cost of making something overpowered probably won't be a worthwhile business decision. The more powerful they make it the more it will cost to put into develop the console, and in turn it will make the product more expensive for the consumer. This is why the PS3 was a disaster at the beginning of its life cycle. It was too overpowered, and not only could people not afford it, but devs didn't want to put the time in to take advantage of it's hardware.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#8 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

because high powered consoles never make profit (except nintendo's ones but they were never way overpowered). if u have a high powered console it costs a lot, plus u need to sacrifice innovation cos that costs a lot too. innovation is what sells most anyway, the wii and 3DS prove that. the average customer really really doesn't care about graphics much, they do care about innovation. so if they want to make money they need to make an innovative console, not an overpowered one
Posted Image

#9 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

I think if it gives the consoles a reason to buy them, then they should. The Wii U has the GamePad, Xbox 720 most likely has Kinect 2.0, and PS4 will be another Overpowered, overpriced machine, which is the only reason Sony has for people to buy it!
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#10 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:59 AM

Well first reason it would be too expensive.
Second, i dont think we need better graphic until like 10 years ...

#11 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:38 AM

the leap WONT be noticible. the wii u is using almost brand new tech. equivalent to the time span of the parts that are used in the 360 when it launched

Signature_Fox.png

#12 iShuys

iShuys

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:48 AM

Well first reason it would be too expensive.
Second, i dont think we need better graphic until like 10 years ...

Same as what I was going to say. The Xbox 360's and PS3's can still do more than what they are doing now so... You know what I'm saying.

Edited by iShuys, 09 September 2012 - 10:48 AM.

#13 kirbylover

kirbylover

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

SONY SONY! I HATE SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Signature_Mewtwo.png

Pokedex entry: Mewtwo: The butt pokemon. It is really sexy and any pokemon that sees it wants to have sex with it. It's power comes from it's butt.

#14 Shadiwulf

Shadiwulf

Shy Guy

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:13 AM

SONY SONY! I HATE SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chill i hate Sony too ^_^'

#15 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:18 AM

I agree with hardcore for the most part. The nextgen consoles need not a graphical upgrade, but perhaps some fine-tuning to increase FPS rate for games. I am pretty sure Sony and MS know they need to rely on innovative technology in order to sell, much like the Big N is doing. Fanboys are always gonna buy nextgen, but you gotta target new fans and casuals as well.

#16 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:18 AM

That wouldnt (and wont) be bad for them. Thats what will sell the platforms. Both Sony and Microsoft already have platforms out on the market that are somewhat near the Wii U in terms of hardware so not update that side on their future platforms wouldnt make sense.
Both of them have already put some effort in on lenghten their consoles lifetime-span with new controllers (Move, Kinect, PsVita compatibility and the Surface-tablet) so what they should and problably will offer with Xbox 3 and Playstation 4 is quite powerful hardware.

Which will be good for both us (Nintendo-games we can get on the Wii U. Other kind of more hardware-demanding games can, if we want them, be enjoyed on the other platforms) and for them (in sales). Its good that the consoles are different from one another.
I wouldnt want to go back to the times when one had three basicly similiar platforms beneath the TV with the only difference of some exclusive games.

#17 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

Please don't make posts simply bashing Sony, or Microsoft. It's against the forum rules, and quite frankly, it's a bit immature and adds nothing to the conversation. It's fine to love Nintendo, but hating Sony is simply unnecessary.

#18 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

Please don't make posts simply bashing Sony, or Microsoft. It's against the forum rules, and quite frankly, it's a bit immature and adds nothing to the conversation. It's fine to love Nintendo, but hating Sony is simply unnecessary.

you sir
are correct c;

#19 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:27 PM

Bad for them? It wont be bad for them. I doubt they'll go any more expensive than expected (around $400). I feel like we're just looking for talking points to use against Sony and MS fanboys. and I doubt they're gonna run with PS360 for "10 more years" thats silly thinking.

The new consoles are coming and they'll probably be advanced, but so what? Who would desire for an industry to stay stagnant?

The wiiU will be awesome in its own ways. Lets be happy with that. I am.

#20 kirbylover

kirbylover

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

It's fine to love Nintendo. but hating Sony is simply necessary.

Signature_Mewtwo.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!