• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

#381 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

I've been debating on this game, would you guys reccomend that it is THAT good?

Get this game so you can live the life I want to live.

#382 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

I don't suppose you guys have armor tips for me? I got MH on Monday and Ive been wanting to know what kind of armor is the right piece of armor for battle. I got my Great Sword to a Buster Sword + and I farmed for Mega Potions, farmed ore, farmed bugs like crazy and killed the big blue bear looking monster 7 times, but I haven't done anything for my armor pieces. I really don't want to spend my currency on armor because in my mind the armor made from monster pieces seem more useful than buying armor.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#383 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

I don't suppose you guys have armor tips for me? I got MH on Monday and Ive been wanting to know what kind of armor is the right piece of armor for battle. I got my Great Sword to a Buster Sword + and I farmed for Mega Potions, farmed ore, farmed bugs like crazy and killed the big blue bear looking monster 7 times, but I haven't done anything for my armor pieces. I really don't want to spend my currency on armor because in my mind the armor made from monster pieces seem more useful than buying armor.

Really, any armor you make at low rank is only a means to get you to high rank.  I made great jaggi armor, and used that until I could make volvidon armor.  It's a pretty useful set that I used until I could make high rank volvidon armor.  It has evasion+1, tremor res, attack up small, and cold surge.  It's whatever you want to use.  The monsters aren't tough enough to warrant multiple armors, until high rank, and even then you can get by with only 1 or 2.

I need to hunt with the people here sometime.  Maybe next week.

Edited by Lightning_Ninja, 11 May 2013 - 03:45 PM.

#384 Alecrein

Alecrein

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • NNID:Alecrein
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Dynasty Warriors

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

190+ Hours in at the precipice of becoming HR5. This game is crazy on content. I love the fact it is so genre-busting in nature, it's hard to peg it into any one genre. Also for the record first MH game for me!

#385 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

I went a similar route using G Jaggi into high rank, then wound up switching from GS to GL, which got me into Barroth gear, did that for a long time, recently went and had enough for Volvi set so went back to GS, then tonight just got full Rath Soul gear after 2 nights of farming those ruby's >:| turns out capping azure rath got me them quicker than trying to rely on tail cuts which never got me any. Happy though with new armor and dios blade for now, time to press forward again and chill on farming.

#386 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

Man, this game can take a long time to master and get better items, maybe because I'm not hunting with a team but these monsters seriously can take so many blows, even my buster sword is not enough damage.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#387 Zombiecakez

Zombiecakez

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Bowser is AMAZING!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:43 AM

I love this game im like HR 38-39 now so If anyone wants to hunt Ill join you just add me on wii u my NNID is ZombieCakez

Posted Image

#388 dvl666

dvl666

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

Does anyone know at what point you go into High Rank Armour, i'm doing the Moga quests t the moment and nearly finished the 5 star ones, i've just unlocked High Rank 2 in the single player port but i'm not really sure where the change in armours is, do i just farm in the port rather than offline in Moga?

Thanks

#389 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

Does anyone know at what point you go into High Rank Armour, i'm doing the Moga quests t the moment and nearly finished the 5 star ones, i've just unlocked High Rank 2 in the single player port but i'm not really sure where the change in armours is, do i just farm in the port rather than offline in Moga?

Thanks

Some point after fighting the ceadeus you'll be tasked with fighting a purpe royal ludroth, you're first high rank monster.  Beat it and high rank quests start.  I think its one of a few times you have to wait for the argosy captain to come back and talk to him to get the quest.  I don't remember off the top of m head.  Just keep doing 5 star and something should happen.

#390 dvl666

dvl666

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

Some point after fighting the ceadeus you'll be tasked with fighting a purpe royal ludroth, you're first high rank monster.  Beat it and high rank quests start.  I think its one of a few times you have to wait for the argosy captain to come back and talk to him to get the quest.  I don't remember off the top of m head.  Just keep doing 5 star and something should happen.

Great stuff, thanks for the reply :-)

#391 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

Man, this game can take a long time to master and get better items, maybe because I'm not hunting with a team but these monsters seriously can take so many blows, even my buster sword is not enough damage.

The rule of thumb when looking at armor sets in MH is to look at their skills. If you don't know what I'm talking about, basically ever piece of armor has some sort of numerical values in certain skills. All of the values of each of your armor pieces are added up in the end and, usually, if any skill reaches a sum of 10 then that skill is activated for positive or negative. To put it simply, armors of the same set are designed to work together so that when you have all five pieces there will be abilities that will activate. These abilities can be anything from increasing your attack, endurance, defense, evansion, etc. They can also decrease your abilities if it's a negative skill.

Since you're in low rank, my advice would be just to proceed on a bit until you fight some more monsters and more armor sets get opened up to you. Then look through your options, find something you like, and try to stick with it as best as you can until high rank. Make sure to pick an armor set with abilities that compliment your weapons/play style.

As for the second part about monsters taking a long time. That's normal. Plus you are playing multiplayer so the monsters are stronger and have more health. You mentioned your buster sword not doing enough damage. You're using the Great Sword right? Are you using the charge slash? If that's not your primary means of attacking with the Great Sword then you're using the weapon wrong. The GS can dish out huge amounts of damage but only if you're using it correctly. It should never be used as a combo weapon. 

Edited by Azure-Edge, 13 May 2013 - 11:39 AM.

pNgecl.gif

#392 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

Azure Edge is right, as a GS user, the real damage is in the charged hits. Everyone plays differently but when im in the middle of a fight the only time my GS is unsheathed is when i go for a charged attack, then i put it away, run into position and unsheath for a 2-3 charge attack. Learn the monsters movements/attacks and dont get greedy (meaning dont always wait for a 3 charge).

#393 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:32 AM

Anyone know if the Shakalakas dance version of Elemental Up affects Slime attacks? I'd like to know, otherwise my Kayamba is being a tart.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#394 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

I created this quicklist for myself. But hey, sharing is caring. I will be updating it so if you notice anything odd, pls post that.

Attached Files

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#395 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

Anyone know if the Shakalakas dance version of Elemental Up affects Slime attacks? I'd like to know, otherwise my Kayamba is being a tart.

Element attack up does not effect slime attacks on the shakalakas, just as the armor skill element atk up doesnt affect slime weapons.  There's a shakalaka skill bombardier that's a 2 star rare trade from the argosy captain.  In game it says "A sigil that powers up slime attacks as well as bombs thrown when impersonating a felyne."

#396 dvl666

dvl666

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

I created this quicklist for myself. But hey, sharing is caring. I will be updating it so if you notice anything odd, pls post that.

Nice one, very handy that :-)

#397 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

I had stopped playing Monster Hunter for awhile, but for the last 2 days I haven't been able to put it down. I just reached the 200 hour mark, Help me! 

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#398 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

Element attack up does not effect slime attacks on the shakalakas, just as the armor skill element atk up doesnt affect slime weapons.  There's a shakalaka skill bombardier that's a 2 star rare trade from the argosy captain.  In game it says "A sigil that powers up slime attacks as well as bombs thrown when impersonating a felyne."

Sorry, I meant the dance. Not the ability skills.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#399 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:24 AM

Sorry, I meant the dance. Not the ability skills.

Ah, sorry.

According to the guide it says, "Signifcantly increases elemental attack values and grants immunity to slime."  Huh.  Didn't know about that secondary effect.  Considering every other time the game says that something increases element damage and it doesn't increase slime, I'd have to say the dance would not increase slime attacks. 

I suppose to be 100% sure you could test it.  Go on a hunt and check the status page of the menu to see how much slime you normally do, wait for one of them to use element attack up, then check the status page again to see if it increased.  Hope that helps.

#400 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

Nice one, very handy that :-)

Thank you. If have additions pls post them

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!