Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

My chacha is missing. I got kayamba but I can't find ChaCha

Chacha will disappear for awhile.  Don't worry he'll return.  Once he comes back I don't think he disappears again.

What would u compare monster hunter too never played one before like the look of it but unsure

I've heard people compare Monster Hunter to a lot of things.  The best one can say is that it and other games share some game mechanics.  I don't think there's a series I can think of that is VERY similar to it. The best thing to do would be to try the game yourself. 

There is a demo on the eshop, but as anyone here will tell you, it doesn't quite do the game justice. If you try the demo and like it, you are almost guaranteed to love the full game.  I know there are some people here who didn't like the demo or were pretty hesitant to buy the full game, but are now loving it.  The best thing would be to rent or borrow the game and put some time into it.  I'd recommend putting at least a few hours before making a final decision.  You want to at least get far enough where you are actually fighting the large monsters.

If you start the full game, see here:(http://thewiiu.com/t...te-help-thread/) for basic game mechanics and information.  Or if you don't want to read my short novel and prefer visuals, chek out Projared on youtube for a beginner's guide.

#342 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:42 AM

It's like a cross between lost planet and demon souls I'd say.

ok i've just got my 3ds copy this morning and am trying to figure out what i'm doing already killed quite a few monsters and am enjoying using the longsword and have full chainmail armour don't fully understand all the different nuances but i'll stick with it it's really quite fun.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#343 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:17 AM

Ah, G rank. THIS is tge monster hunter i remember.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#344 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

It's like a cross between lost planet and demon souls I'd say.

ok i've just got my 3ds copy this morning and am trying to figure out what i'm doing already killed quite a few monsters and am enjoying using the longsword and have full chainmail armour don't fully understand all the different nuances but i'll stick with it it's really quite fun.

The game eases you in to the details. Just make sure that whenever someone has one of those yellow icons over their heads for dialogue, make sure you read everything they say carefully, because they're either explaining to you game mechanics, story, and sometimes even giving you hints. 

pNgecl.gif

#345 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:43 PM

Question about decorations.
I see players with 130 health when I look at their stats. Is that done with charms and decorations? I saw somewhere that a minimal 10 points are needed to activate the skill. So decorating all sets of armor with different decorations would be pointless then...?

Also, what are the ost valueble skills to add to an hammer player?

Sjeez, 90hours in, still figuring things out!

Well, I have a complete NibelsnarfU set because I think it's great against fire and dragons alike. My main hammer for this set is the PlesiothHead+. Any tips for this too?

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#346 Sparkierlamb

Sparkierlamb

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:20 AM

I'm so close to returning this game along with my Wii U purely because I can't play online at all... :(

#347 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:40 AM

I'm so close to returning this game along with my Wii U purely because I can't play online at all... :(

Wha wha what? Why not?

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#348 Sparkierlamb

Sparkierlamb

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:04 AM

Wha wha what? Why not?

Error after error after error :(
I can access the miiverse and stuff but the second it comes to multiplayer games it seems to just die.

#349 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:30 AM

Question about decorations.
I see players with 130 health when I look at their stats. Is that done with charms and decorations? I saw somewhere that a minimal 10 points are needed to activate the skill. So decorating all sets of armor with different decorations would be pointless then...?

Also, what are the ost valueble skills to add to an hammer player?

Sjeez, 90hours in, still figuring things out!

Well, I have a complete NibelsnarfU set because I think it's great against fire and dragons alike. My main hammer for this set is the PlesiothHead+. Any tips for this too?

Unless you see that they have an armor skill that boosts health, that health boost is from eating food before the quest.  Honestly, the armor skill for health is almost entirely pointless, since you just have to eat food combinations with a lot of stars for a health buff.

There are plenty of useful skills.  In no particular order:

1) KO- increases KO damage done when attacking the head

2) Stamina Drain- increases the rate at which the the monster loses stamina when you attack the rest of their body

3) Marathon Runner- Reduces stamina lost when sprinting or charging your hammer

4) Stamina Recovery-increases the rate at which you regain stamina when you aren't consuming it

5) Earplugs/HGE- while it roars, you won't be affected and can thus charge your hammer and get into position to superpound its head.  You'll need the high-grade earplugs for certain monsters

6) Focus- Hammer charges faster

7) Tremor proof- mainly used for uragaan, negate tremors so you can get in close during those openings

I'd recommend having at least one of these skills on you.  Knowing how to use them can make a hammer user much more effective, especially in a group. 

A good armor set is diablos U (KO, Stamina Drain, Earplugs, and Dragon attack down).   If you ask me its the quintessential hammer set.  It also comes with 3-slots on the waist, 2 on the chest, and 1 on both the head and arms.  Depending on whether or not you need HGE instead of regular earplugs, you can gem in HGE and a weaker version of a skill (talisman permitting) or just use all those slots for an extra high point skill.

Yeah, you'll be learning new things til you stop playing the game.  Especially if you try to learn a new weapon, since it will feel like a whole new game.

Edited by Lightning_Ninja, 13 April 2013 - 10:34 AM.

#350 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

Unless you see that they have an armor skill that boosts health, that health boost is from eating food before the quest. Honestly, the armor skill for health is almost entirely pointless, since you just have to eat food combinations with a lot of stars for a health buff.

There are plenty of useful skills. In no particular order:
1) KO- increases KO damage done when attacking the head
2) Stamina Drain- increases the rate at which the the monster loses stamina when you attack the rest of their body
3) Marathon Runner- Reduces stamina lost when sprinting or charging your hammer
4) Stamina Recovery-increases the rate at which you regain stamina when you aren't consuming it
5) Earplugs/HGE- while it roars, you won't be affected and can thus charge your hammer and get into position to superpound its head. You'll need the high-grade earplugs for certain monsters
6) Focus- Hammer charges faster
7) Tremor proof- mainly used for uragaan, negate tremors so you can get in close during those openings

I'd recommend having at least one of these skills on you. Knowing how to use them can make a hammer user much more effective, especially in a group.

A good armor set is diablos U (KO, Stamina Drain, Earplugs, and Dragon attack down). If you ask me its the quintessential hammer set. It also comes with 3-slots on the waist, 2 on the chest, and 1 on both the head and arms. Depending on whether or not you need HGE instead of regular earplugs, you can gem in HGE and a weaker version of a skill (talisman permitting) or just use all those slots for an extra high point skill.

Yeah, you'll be learning new things til you stop playing the game. Especially if you try to learn a new weapon, since it will feel like a whole new game.

Thank you very much. My next goal is set! :) Diablos here I come

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#351 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

Error after error after error :(
I can access the miiverse and stuff but the second it comes to multiplayer games it seems to just die.

My friend had the same issue. It was a router related problem. He had to get the router replaced, since turning off its firewalls or enabling ports didn't fix the problem.

#352 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

frkin hell....just slayed 20 gobal in G rank but cant get that freakin Lantern+ only Beacons.....is there another quest i should look in to?

#353 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

frkin hell....just slayed 20 gobal in G rank but cant get that freakin Lantern+ only Beacons.....is there another quest i should look in to?

According to my Brady Strat guide, The G-rank Lantern+ is 40% chance, and that beacon is 60%. 20 kills and no drop yet on a 40% chance seems like your just getting bad luck :(

#354 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

According to my Brady Strat guide, The G-rank Lantern+ is 40% chance, and that beacon is 60%. 20 kills and no drop yet on a 40% chance seems like your just getting bad luck :(

Thanks! I think I have around 12 beacons by now, but was starting to doubt if it really was in there.

#355 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

I need 4 Cloudy Moonshards from Lucent Nargacuga. 2 for weapons and 2 for the armor. Which really sucks because it onlu has a 2% drop rate. I've hunted about 15 so far. 

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#356 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

I can't check my copy of the strategy guide right now, but wouldn't high rank gobul be the best chance of getting Lantern+?  Its primarily a high rank item I believe, and I thought it had a much higher drop rate at high rank.  I'll check when I get a chance if no one finds out.

Sounds like some of you have hit the grinding and farming phase.  This is the hardest part to like about the game since you do the same quest so many times and don't get that one thing you want.  Some terminology to know for those who are new:

Farming-fighting a monster over and over for a part

Desire Sensor- The game seems to know what you want.  The more you want something, the less likely the game will give it to you.  For example, I don't need rathian mantles, but I've gotten 6 in the 15 rathians I've fought at G rank.  Conversely, I've fought 40 high rank brachydios and only gotten 3 dios gems, and I want those badly.

Also, hurray! This thread isn't dead!

Edited by Lightning_Ninja, 23 April 2013 - 10:25 AM.

#357 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:30 AM

I can't check my copy of the strategy guide right now, but wouldn't high rank gobul be the best chance of getting Lantern+?  Its primarily a high rank item I believe, and I thought it had a much higher drop rate at high rank.  I'll check when I get a chance if no one finds out.

Sounds like some of you have hit the grinding and farming phase.  This is the hardest part to like about the game since you do the same quest so many times and don't get that one thing you want.  Some terminology to know for those who are new:

Desire Sensor- The game seems to know what you want.  The more you want something, the less likely the game will give it to you.  For example, I don't need rathian mantles, but I've gotten 6 in the 15 rathians I've fought at G rank.  Conversely, I've fought 40 high rank brachydios and only gotten 3 dios gems, and I want those badly.

This is correct, High rank Lantern+ chance is 60% and regular Lantern is 40%

#358 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

I have fought Dire Miralis twice and  have obtained 3 Dire DragonGems, but I still can't get any Elder Dragonbloods.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#359 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

I need 4 Cloudy Moonshards from Lucent Nargacuga. 2 for weapons and 2 for the armor. Which really sucks because it onlu has a 2% drop rate. I've hunted about 15 so far. 

Are you capping or killing it?  Unless you have capture expert, I suggest killing and carving.  It's the same drop rate from carving as it is from capture rewards, but you get 4 carves vs. 2 cap rewards.  Make sure you break the head too as it has a 3% chance.

Is it just me or does it feel easier to get gems and such in this game?  Yesterday was the second time I had to farm for a gem in 150 hours, but I did it in 45 min.  In tri it felt like a whole day was required for each gem I needed.  Right now I've got 21 wyvern stones and nothing to use them on.

Edited by Lightning_Ninja, 24 April 2013 - 02:28 PM.

#360 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

Ugh, Im stuck on Agnaktor (high 8*), I know his moves and all that mess, tried a LS, GS, GL, and he is just steamrolling me... embarrassing really....

Edited by ChrisTerror, 27 April 2013 - 09:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!