• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

#301 J03H

J03H

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

What I've really liked about Monster Hunter so far is that whenever I get stuck, I can simply press the home button and browse for an answer on the internet or ask on the miiverse. I didn't really think I would get much use out of the miiverse when I heard about it, but it's a really nice addition to have. 

I'm around nine hours in now and the game just continues to get better and better, I was another person who played the demo and was really hesitant about buying it but it has turned out to be so fun. How could I go about going online? I've never been online before and I've got like full jaggi armour, I don't want to be dragging a party down by being an utter noob.

#302 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

what's up with the book of combo's. There are 5 but what should I do with them? also

is it advisable to build up your fleet and farm?

Books of combos increase your combination success rate.  You should either have them in your pouch (if you intend to combine items while on a hunt) or in your box (for when you combine stuff while at base.  Note that they only increase your combo rate if the books are in the same place as where you are combining.  If they're in your pouch while you combine in your box, they do nothing for you.

Definitely build them up.  Will cut down immensely on time spent gathering later on.

I'm around nine hours in now and the game just continues to get better and better, I was another person who played the demo and was really hesitant about buying it but it has turned out to be so fun. How could I go about going online? I've never been online before and I've got like full jaggi armour, I don't want to be dragging a party down by being an utter noob.

To go online you talk to that cat on the left side of moga village and select "network" mode.  For general online etiquette, see the multiplayer section in the help thread

http://thewiiu.com/t...te-help-thread/

When should you go online?  As I think more about it, I think after royal ludroth is a good point, since by then you should definitely have a general handle on how to use your weapon.

#303 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

Thanks, that clears it up.

Another question. I saved up for the full armor (mud dinosaur) and now I can upgrade some pieces to Diablo armor. What is wiser, a complete armor or bits and pieces from different sets?

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#304 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • NNID:BringerOfBooze
  • Fandom:
    Cloud (FFVII), Master Chief (Halo)

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

I find myself grinding quests to make a nest egg of zenni

Edited by ArmedPrimate, 28 March 2013 - 12:28 PM.

#305 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • NNID:Scooter_Johnson

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

cheers lightning ninja will be on this game tomorrow as need to get monster hunting

#306 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

Lupaie, on 28 Mar 2013 - 06:29, said:Thanks, that clears it up.

Another question. I saved up for the full armor (mud dinosaur) and now I can upgrade some pieces to Diablo armor. What is wiser, a complete armor or bits and pieces from different sets?

Typically complete armor sets.

Sets of a kind share skill points, and when you get enough points, that skill is activated.

Like extra fire damage, or increased dodge distance, or increased dodge invincibikity time...

Or in the case of barroth armor, attack up, defense up, and autoguard chance activate with a full set.

of course, if you pay attention to skill points you can mix armor for interesting results. But usually it ends up with bumpkiss.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#307 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

Thanks! I'll reset it to Baroth and keep collecting for that Leviatasarmor

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#308 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

Yeah, unless there's a HUGE difference in defense, full set with activated skills is better then mixed with no activated skills.

#309 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

Sjeeeeez. I have beaten the Lagiacrus for maybe ten times. Crushed its horns many times and even captured with some online buds. Still no horns :( I need it for the helm and to finish my Legiaset. Any advice?

Also, after beating a monster a meesage says 'added to gallery' but i cant find the gallery?

Edited by Lupaie, 29 March 2013 - 11:27 AM.

#310 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

Sjeeeeez. I have beaten the Lagiacrus for maybe ten times. Crushed its horns many times and even captured with some online buds. Still no horns :( I need it for the helm and to finish my Legiaset. Any advice?

Also, after beating a monster a meesage says 'added to gallery' but i cant find the gallery?

Well, when all else fails, what I do is I start a quest and break ONLY the horns.  I think the reward screen gives you only 3-4 break rewards.  When the game has to choose between claw, chest, back, and horn breaks, makes getting something specific harder.  This takes some patience and coordination, but it basically forces the games to only choose from horn rewards. When you break the horns, your reward chances are:

64% lagi horn

33% lagi scale

3% lagi plate

Not sure where the gallery is now.

Edited by Lightning_Ninja, 29 March 2013 - 03:09 PM.

#311 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

Lupaie, on 29 Mar 2013 - 02:10, said:Sjeeeeez. I have beaten the Lagiacrus for maybe ten times. Crushed its horns many times and even captured with some online buds. Still no horns I need it for the helm and to finish my Legiaset. Any advice?

Heh, looks like the games desire sensor is working.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#312 dvl666

dvl666

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:34 AM

FInally managed to hunt a copy down today, played about an hour or so so far (more tonight!) really like the feel of it so far, i've never played an MH game before so i am spending my time reading so newbie guides before going headlong into it!!

#313 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:43 AM

Lupaie, on 29 Mar 2013 - 02:10, said:Sjeeeeez. I have beaten the Lagiacrus for maybe ten times. Crushed its horns many times and even captured with some online buds. Still no horns I need it for the helm and to finish my Legiaset. Any advice?

Yes, that desire sensor sure is working! I hunted/captured about 50 Rathalos and never got its plate. So I gave up and made another weapon. Then I go to high rank and kill it again, get the plate when I don't need it anymore. What is this, I don't even...

Edited by Gaymer, 30 March 2013 - 07:43 AM.

#314 WaddleDee

WaddleDee

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:46 AM

I really want that pumpkin armorset, it looks hilarious.

But damn, you really need a lot of rare commendations..

#315 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

I've been having crazy luck.  Did pink rathian+Great jaggi quest.  Got two bird wyvern gems and a rathian ruby.  However, had to cut 15 agnaktor tails for just 4 agna tails.  Other than that, things come pretty easily.

#316 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

Lightning_Ninja, on 30 Mar 2013 - 05:10, said:I've been having crazy luck.  Did pink rathian+Great jaggi quest.  Got two bird wyvern gems and a rathian ruby.  However, had to cut 15 agnaktor tails for just 4 agna tails.  Other than that, things come pretty easily.

Ha, im being denied common drops i want for rare drops im not looking for at the moment.

I am so loaded on rubies and stones i can make all armor and weapon sets for thian, los, brachydos (wholy crap slime is powerful with a sa...) lagi ura...

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#317 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

I just ordered this game, you might see some posts from me around the forum saying that after I had played the demo I didn't like it and that it's an aquired taste, well I honestly think I just aquired that taste lol, I've been playing the demo over and over and I've seen a couple of reviews and tons of gameplay videos and this game not only looks and feels FUN IT'S HUGE!!!!! I really am sure I will get my moneys worth and I was wrong itis my type of game, I should be getting it about Monday or Tuesday so I'll see you online and on MiiVerse! :D

#318 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • NNID:BringerOfBooze
  • Fandom:
    Cloud (FFVII), Master Chief (Halo)

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

I just ordered this game, you might see some posts from me around the forum saying that after I had played the demo I didn't like it and that it's an aquired taste, well I honestly think I just aquired that taste lol, I've been playing the demo over and over and I've seen a couple of reviews and tons of gameplay videos and this game not only looks and feels FUN IT'S HUGE!!!!! I really am sure I will get my moneys worth and I was wrong itis my type of game, I should be getting it about Monday or Tuesday so I'll see you online and on MiiVerse! :D

This is a great series, all people need to do is be patient and give it a chance

#319 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

Im glad to hear this, Monster Hunter cannot be appreciated until one dives in and experiences the depth and hours that can be had in this game. Saddens me so many people are getting so much farther ahead of me already bc i work so many hours in a week haha. Just now getting my Lagi gear at about 35 hours in, lol. I also just hit a minor speed bumb at Duramboros last night, been trucking through monsters till i got to him and maybe im just being sloppy or was tired but he wasnt letting me get the kill yet lol smdh..

#320 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

holy crap i am so ridiculously powerful.

I think i am WAY too good at sliming with a switch axe.

Its... its brutal.

I need g rank to come put me in my place.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!