• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

#261 dvl666

dvl666

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:19 AM

For the most part, everything that can be done in singleplayer can be done in mulitplayer.  While there is more content in the multiplayer mode, you could still spends hundreds of hours just doing singleplayer stuff.

Thanks for the reply, i don't always get alot of time to play online, looks like i will add it to my list of games to buy!

#262 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

Thanks for the reply, i don't always get alot of time to play online, looks like i will add it to my list of games to buy!

Single player is very important cause it gives you access to the farm and the fish fleet and they integrated it into the multi so it's easier to access.

#263 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

ultimate breaks the UK's top 10, placing 7th in retail units sold.

www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/03/monster_hunter_3_ultimate_makes_its_debut_in_uk_top_10

Eshop sales not counted, though nintendo reports its #2 for the region.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#264 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:41 AM

Anyone know if capcom(or Nintendo not sure who's responsibility it is) will allow you to post game pics with miiverse with an update?

#265 Wolf

Wolf

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lego games, all of them.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

Looks like something just clicked last night on this game for me and I'm feeling the love for it now. I'm only on the first few quests. The controls now seem to work for me and I'm liking the double swords a lot.

#266 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

I'll add you..

What weapon is everyone rollin with? I started greatsword up into 4 star quests, but i just got my gunlance skills in check and causing some havok with that now now :D

Add me too. I am using Hammer and am enjoying it. Not seitching to other weapons just yet

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#267 Yoshiamos

Yoshiamos

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:59 PM

I am really enjoying my first Monster Hunter game. I am glad that I read up on it before hand as without that I would have second guessed my purchase. About 6 hours into I was hooked. 

I tried all the different weapons but settled on the double swords as it suits my play style the best. Can those of you who have played before let me know if you need to switch weapons at some point. I would like to know ahead of time so I can practice up a bit :)

#268 Stitches

Stitches

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • NNID:Psyker
  • Fandom:
    Star Fox, Zelda, Metroid, Pikmin, etc.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

I'm looking towards getting this shortly, but I was wondering what it would be recommended to purchase for? The 3DS version or the Wii U version? I might just end up getting this for the Wii U and waiting for MH4 on the 3DS.

3DS Friend Code: 1306-5598-7355

NNID: Psyker

#269 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • NNID:BringerOfBooze
  • Fandom:
    Cloud (FFVII), Master Chief (Halo)

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

Well I have gotten pretty decent now, still HR 1 due to me screwing around killing stuff. I got mad and rage quit on that bird monster that breathes fire when it killed me, started playing again and then made a beast long sword and some jaggi armor. I just killed my most challenging monster I've killed yet, the big dino made of rock (1 star guild/tavern quest)

Edited by ArmedPrimate, 26 March 2013 - 12:54 AM.

#270 MayedU

MayedU

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • NNID:MayedU

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:24 AM

is dual sword good ? 

Add me on Miiverse: MayedU

Games i play;

- Tekken Tag 2

- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 

- Sonic All Star Racing

#271 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:47 AM

wow, pink rathians give away rubies like candy lol.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#272 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:34 AM

is dual sword good ?

They aren't bad, I thought they'd be my main weapons but it turns out I'm much better with the long sword, so dual swords namely the Jaggi Shotels+ are my second class. Right now I'm rocking the Chainslaughter and loving it and its killing ability

#273 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:38 AM

When in April is that update coming. I can't wait for offTV mode

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#274 MayedU

MayedU

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • NNID:MayedU

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

They aren't bad, I thought they'd be my main weapons but it turns out I'm much better with the long sword, so dual swords namely the Jaggi Shotels+ are my second class. Right now I'm rocking the Chainslaughter and loving it and its killing ability

Chainslaughter ? never heard of it!! anyways thanks :D

Add me on Miiverse: MayedU

Games i play;

- Tekken Tag 2

- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 

- Sonic All Star Racing

#275 J03H

J03H

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

I am still a total noob at this game and was regretting even purchasing it within a few hours. I persisted for a few hours more and already I'm totally loving it after learning to use weapons a lot better and such, I've been enjoying the hammers and the light bow guns but I decided to mainly focus on the hammer, getting all melee focused gear and whatever else. Is it a bad idea to build up two sets of armour so I can continue to use the light bowgun whenever I'm bored? Or should I just continue to focus entirely upon my hammers?

Also, is there any easy ways of gathering up a lot of herbs and healing potions? I also can't seem to get myself a BBQ to roast all the raw beef either, any tips? 

Thanks if you can help  :D

#276 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

I was going to rent MHU but the video story only had one copy but it was gone. Apparently they had no shortage of shovelware though. (SIGH)

Signature_DK.png

#277 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

Chainslaughter ? never heard of it!! anyways thanks :D

Not able to find a picture but the Chainslaughter is a ridiculously good sword for early long sword users. It basically looks like a sword/chainsaw, has lightning damage and does really good damage. I took down the Barroth and the Qulo....the bird with purple feathers with it

#278 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

I am still a total noob at this game and was regretting even purchasing it within a few hours. I persisted for a few hours more and already I'm totally loving it after learning to use weapons a lot better and such, I've been enjoying the hammers and the light bow guns but I decided to mainly focus on the hammer, getting all melee focused gear and whatever else. Is it a bad idea to build up two sets of armour so I can continue to use the light bowgun whenever I'm bored? Or should I just continue to focus entirely upon my hammers?

Also, is there any easy ways of gathering up a lot of herbs and healing potions? I also can't seem to get myself a BBQ to roast all the raw beef either, any tips?

Thanks if you can help :D

Bbq aeems to work like this. When nusic stops, wait another sec or two then press a

#279 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

I tried all the different weapons but settled on the double swords as it suits my play style the best. Can those of you who have played before let me know if you need to switch weapons at some point. I would like to know ahead of time so I can practice up a bit :)

You never HAVE to switch weapons, nor do you absolutely NEED to.  Some weapons are just better suited to certain monsters (or just plain enjoyable eg hammer on uragaan).  In the beginning you should try to get good with one weapon, but I recommend being good with at least two weapons at some point, in case something doesn't work.  Also, the arena doesn't let you use every weapon type, so it's good to have something else to fall back on.

I'm looking towards getting this shortly, but I was wondering what it would be recommended to purchase for? The 3DS version or the Wii U version? I might just end up getting this for the Wii U and waiting for MH4 on the 3DS.

I'd sooner recommend the wii u version for the online and, in my opinion, the controls feel a little better.  The 3ds feels cramped for me.  I can play it fine, I just prefer the wii u.

is dual sword good ? 

It can be a fine choice.  Just need to be aggressive.  As in, an angry hornets nest.  I've really been getting into them lately, and I feel like a monster's worst nightmare.  They can't hit me nor can they escape.

Is it a bad idea to build up two sets of armour so I can continue to use the light bowgun whenever I'm bored? Or should I just continue to focus entirely upon my hammers?

It would basically take you longer to rank up as you will be getting monster parts for multiple sets.  Right now, I feel like I have too many things I want to upgrade, so I decided to stop upgrading weapons I didn't intend to use soon.  If you have intent to use a weapon, you should do preparation for it.

The leather armor is the best for gathering items out in the hunting grounds.  I recommend giving the farm herbs, blue mushrooms, and honey so they can generate it for you.  Herb+blue mushroom=potion and potion+honey=mega potion.  I always have one of the farm hands producing honey.  If they can't make honey yet, keep going through the singleplayer until you get a villager request to make a honey box.

#280 Fidu21

Fidu21

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • NNID:Fidu21

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

I NEED this game, it looks so awesome, the Demo plays awesome, and i love Monster Hunter

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!