Stitches

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • NNID:Psyker
  • Fandom:
    Star Fox, Zelda, Metroid, Pikmin, etc.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

I'd sooner recommend the wii u version for the online and, in my opinion, the controls feel a little better.  The 3ds feels cramped for me.  I can play it fine, I just prefer the wii u.

Thanks for the reply. I wanted to hear what other people had to say on it. I'll most likely end up going that route.

Edited by Stitches, 26 March 2013 - 12:48 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 1306-5598-7355

NNID: Psyker

#282 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

For those who may need it (like me), Youtuber ProJared is releasing video guides for this game. He has been playing since the first game, so he seems to know what he's talkjng about. The first video is on weapons, armor, and the importance of gathering.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#283 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • NNID:BringerOfBooze
  • Fandom:
    Cloud (FFVII), Master Chief (Halo)

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

For those who may need it (like me), Youtuber ProJared is releasing video guides for this game. He has been playing since the first game, so he seems to know what he's talkjng about. The first video is on weapons, armor, and the importance of gathering.

Very good find on that video. As for me I hated buying this at the start, however once I learned the gameplay mechanics I'm definitely a force to be reckoned with now. I just killed my most difficult monster yet, the gobul.

#284 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

About 30 hours in now, would be more but that whole working 10-11 hour days thing gets in the way. Only fight i completely loathe at this point is Gobul, god that was a pain but that was when i was still using greatsword, since i have been on the gunlance im blowing monsters to pieces. Its just harder for me to get the cuts with gunlance so may wind up using greatsword when i need to farm a monster part. Currently in full Barroth gear and about to craft the matching barroth gunlance  after i double check the others stats. Love this game ><

#285 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

I'm 83 hours in. Man, I'm having more fun with this than I did with Tri, haha.

#286 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

It is the same guy who did that amazing review. I like his style, presentation and substance

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#287 dvl666

dvl666

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:37 AM

Well this thread has made my mind up for me, i was wondering whether to get this, lego city or tomb raider next, Monster Hunter it is!!!

#288 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:58 AM

Any of you feel the monsters are too easy? The only ones I'm seeing some challenge are Zinogre and Brachydios since they are new to me. Hopefully it wears off in G Rank.

LordPickleton.png

#289 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:06 AM

Any of you feel the monsters are too easy? The only ones I'm seeing some challenge are Zinogre and Brachydios since they are new to me. Hopefully it wears off in G Rank.

Way, Waaaaay easier.

Didnt really start even seeing resistance until high rank. Ive been blasting through high rank without even upgrading my weapons. Though i am rather fond of that adorable kitty axe.

I suspect this is to smooth out the difficulty curve in regaurds to g rank.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#290 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

Way, Waaaaay easier.

Didnt really start even seeing resistance until high rank. Ive been blasting through high rank without even upgrading my weapons. Though i am rather fond of that adorable kitty axe.

I suspect this is to smooth out the difficulty curve in regaurds to g rank.

As a newcomer to the series I think the difficulty is just right. When I play solo sometimes I fail a quest. Mostly I'll be down to my second or third visit to the basecamp. I defeated most enemies while on the last Herbs refill in my last life. So that is just about right to me.

Edited by Lupaie, 27 March 2013 - 08:08 AM.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#291 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • NNID:Scooter_Johnson

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

played about 55 minutes and the game is very puzzling 

this game is not for people who want to pick up a game and go straight through like darksiders 2

this game will take me about 6 hours to get used to from controls

#292 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

It is the same guy who did that amazing review. I like his style, presentation and substance

Yeah, ProJared is one of my favorite Youtubers.

It may be like that because you are a veteren to the series, and Capcom trued making this the most accessible while keeping it Monster Hunter. It should get hard later down the line.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 27 March 2013 - 11:00 AM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#293 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

About the OffTV mode. Since this game has very small text, do you think the offtv mode is playable? Will the text be readable on the small screen?

#294 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

About the OffTV mode. Since this game has very small text, do you think the offtv mode is playable? Will the text be readable on the small screen?

Good point, I wonder how they're going to manage dealing with that

#295 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:08 AM

Yeah, it should be fine. After all, its a 3ds game.

Its tough to read on tge 3ds, but doable. Should be much easier on the higher resolution gamepad.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#296 Yoshiamos

Yoshiamos

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:23 AM

well I can hardly read the text on my huge flat screen so not sure how I would do with the off TV version... anyone have a magnifying glass I can borrow??

Edited by Yoshiamos, 28 March 2013 - 04:29 AM.

#297 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

I just want to say thank you to those who defended the poor demo. I am now 30hours in te game, greatly enjoying it and still just having the feeling that i am scratching the surface. Biggest monster defeated yet: Diablos. Rank2. The demo put me off but I still had fate. Thise those in doubt...buy it. Also, the mh community is great. I already made friends and people really take time to educate each other and help out where possible. I love it. It really contrasts with the fast frenzy and bullying players of Halo and Gears.

#298 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:30 AM

I just want to say thank you to those who defended the poor demo. I am now 30hours in te game, greatly enjoying it and still just having the feeling that i am scratching the surface. Biggest monster defeated yet: Diablos. Rank2. The demo put me off but I still had fate. Thise those in doubt...buy it. Also, the mh community is great. I already made friends and people really take time to educate each other and help out where possible. I love it. It really contrasts with the fast frenzy and bullying players of Halo and Gears.

I hated the demo, the game however is great once you learn the mechanics and what not. I'm not even HR 2 yet (been upgrading weapons)

#299 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

I hated the demo, the game however is great once you learn the mechanics and what not. I'm not even HR 2 yet (been upgrading weapons)

Just what I like to hear.

played about 55 minutes and the game is very puzzling 

this game is not for people who want to pick up a game and go straight through like darksiders 2

this game will take me about 6 hours to get used to from controls

Yeah, you need to take your time and always think before you act.  Yeah, the controls will take getting used to, but eventually, you wouldn't have them any other way.  Just remember, if you need help, ask for it or do some research.

#300 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

what's up with the book of combo's. There are 5 but what should I do with them? also

is it advisable to build up your fleet and farm?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!