• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

#241 WaddleDee

WaddleDee

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

I've had it since wednesday despite being from Europe.

Hasn't it been out since the 19th in NA?

And aren't NA and EU servers connected for online play?

If so, I'm seriously worried. There's like 200 people online.

#242 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

So anybody get the game yet? How is it? I give Tri a 9/10 so if this is better its most likely a 9.5

I'd say 9.5.  Only problem right now is the separate app that must be downloaded for the 3ds to do the save file transfer isn't up yet.  Seems NA won't get it til the game comes out in Europe.

I've had it since wednesday despite being from Europe.

Hasn't it been out since the 19th in NA?

And aren't NA and EU servers connected for online play?

If so, I'm seriously worried. There's like 200 people online.

NA and EU don't get merged until an update in April.

#243 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • NNID:BringerOfBooze
  • Fandom:
    Cloud (FFVII), Master Chief (Halo)

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

I'm not that bad! I'm actually really enjoying this game. The lack of story makes it feel like you're just a hunter living your life and surviving day by day while taking down some baddies for prestige :D

#244 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

Save file transfer app is now live.

#245 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

If wasnt Bad weather raining cats and dogs with gale force 15+ here in dublin ireland i would have bought Monster hunter 3 unlimited for wii u, i get it tomorrow

#246 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:38 AM

Minor note, for questions there's a thread I started here:
http://thewiiu.com/t...te-help-thread/

As for your questions:
They kind of did both.  The switch axe's damage modifier in how the game calculates damage got changed, making it stronger per indicated strength.  Also, the monsters are usually made weaker for games that are originally made for portable consoles like the 3ds.  They simply didn't make them stronger for the wii u version.

You no longer have to worry about purposefully KO'ing kelbi.  They get auto KO'd when you kill them.  There is now an exhaust phial for the switch axe which I believe can be used to KO monsters though.

They lowered the damage modifier to the switch axe? Sweetness. it used to be one of the highest if not tge highest. 6 iirc.

If they lowered the modifier to 4 or something while mantaining the same raw, that woulf be one hell of a buff.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#247 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:23 AM

OK I gotta question.  I have the 3ds version right now a.nd I've made some progress however my Wii u version hasn't shipped yet.  Will I be able to transfer all my progess to the Wii u version?

#248 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:33 AM

Okay, first couple of hours in. Now busy with the two-star missions. First dead at rhe giant Jaggi, kept dying in the heat. Lesson, next time I'll need mote coolers and potions haha

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#249 Wolf

Wolf

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lego games, all of them.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

Finally downloaded it after 16 hours of waiting.

Having played the Tri version it looks and plays the same. Liking the HD upgrade on the graphics though.

Anyone had any epic battles yet?

#250 scribbleworx

scribbleworx

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

Having played the Tri version it looks and plays the same. Liking the HD upgrade on the graphics though.

No epic battles yet.  But I've mastered the art of BBQing meat to perfection... Perfect :D

MY STORE: http://www.redbubble...le/scribbleworx (BUY my Stuff  B)  :D )

Instagram: http://instagram.com/scribbleworx/  (Follow Me :D )

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ScribbleWorx (Hear my daily nonesense :P )

#251 Wolf

Wolf

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lego games, all of them.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

That was always one of my boys favourite things to do on Tri

I kind of never really gave that game the effort it was due as I got to the party late and never had time to play it.

This time I'm really going to invest some quality gaming time to get the most from it. I have to say the monsters look awesome in this game. I can't wait to level up a bit and slay some big ones :)

#252 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

Wolf, on 22 Mar 2013 - 06:07, said:Finally downloaded it after 16 hours of waiting.

Having just hopped on tri one last time before ultimate came out, Its really, REALLY different from tri.

The game uses portable 3rds mechanics and skill sets, so armors have completely different skill sets (barroth no longer has marathon runner) and enemy ai and damage levels of low ranking quests have been lowered comsiderably, making the game much much easier in the beginning (likely to ease the difficulty curb, and because there is now g rank difficulty).

Also, it looks a lot better than tri in the shader department, with many replaced textures, normal mapped monsters, per pixel lighting, non circle monster shadows, and self shadowing.

I just wish the game wasnt on eshop. Not having to worry about compressing the rom to an acceptable size for digital download could have done wonders for audio and texture quality. The 3ds certainly has the ram for it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#253 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

i went to purchase monster hunter trio ultimate today but only the bundle packs premium  or 3ds bundle packs only arrive yesterday from gamestop henry st and smythstoystores jervis st according to the shopkeepers games separately packs will arrive on Monday, dublin ireland

Edited by Smertrius, 23 March 2013 - 09:32 AM.

#254 dvl666

dvl666

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

Can i ask as i've never played a MH game before, is alot of this game doable in single player or do you have to do a fair bit of it online?

#255 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

Wow your internet is slow. Mine took exactly 110 minutes.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#256 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

Can i ask as i've never played a MH game before, is alot of this game doable in single player or do you have to do a fair bit of it online?

For the most part, everything that can be done in singleplayer can be done in mulitplayer.  While there is more content in the multiplayer mode, you could still spends hundreds of hours just doing singleplayer stuff.

#257 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

So, how is everyone's hunting coming along? Only about 12-14 hours in due to work, going to finish up the 3 star quests soon, backtracking for a King's Frill drop off G.Jaggi since apparently i have crap luck with a 65% drop rate, want my armor to match :)

EDIT: 3rd G.Jaggi hunt dropped got it, crafting and moving back to 3 star quests :D

Edited by ChrisTerror, 23 March 2013 - 09:40 PM.

#258 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • NNID:Scooter_Johnson

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:08 AM

just bought the game without nintendo points from ebay for £35 so im hoping to play it before the weekend arrives

add me guys and girls

#259 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

I'll add you..

What weapon is everyone rollin with? I started greatsword up into 4 star quests, but i just got my gunlance skills in check and causing some havok with that now now :D

#260 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • NNID:Scooter_Johnson

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

will send you a message when its been recieved

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)
Anti-Spam Bots!