• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:
    PATAPON | LBP | DIGIMON | ZELDA | KIRBY

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:16 AM

*snip*

So I take it that you are excited? o_o

PlayStationUnityampNintendoUnitySingleSi

To visit my Nintendo Channel click the link above, to visit my PlayStation Channel click here.

#202 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:57 AM

Yes my preorder shipped from Capcom with a free classic controller pro! Wonder if it'll come before the 19th. Hmmmmm

#203 cyrex

cyrex

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • NNID:cyrex78
  • Fandom:
    Gears of war

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

Hi

I am new to monster hunter( never played this game before ) but after seeing some videos about the game and playing the demo ( the demo made me clueless ), i can say that im interested in buying the game. Just want to ask you guys who have knowledge about the game:

Do you have weight limit to what you can carry or is it like Elderscrol game ?

Can you save the game at any point or not ?

i would appreciate some info about that.

#204 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

Hi

I am new to monster hunter( never played this game before ) but after seeing some videos about the game and playing the demo ( the demo made me clueless ), i can say that im interested in buying the game. Just want to ask you guys who have knowledge about the game:

Do you have weight limit to what you can carry or is it like Elderscrol game ?

Can you save the game at any point or not ?

i would appreciate some info about that.

It's basically just "so many slots in pouch" during the hunts.  In your pouch, every item takes up a slot, and how many of that item you can bring varies.  You can bring 10 regular potions at max, but 20 whetstones max. There's an item box in both the singleplayer hub (moga village) and multiplayer hub (port tanjia), your bases of operations, where the rest of your items, armor, and weapons are stored when not using them.

As far as saving, you can only save while in the village, but hunts normally take 20-30 minutes.  In the full game, almost all quests have a time limit of 50 min instead of the demos 20.  Not sure why they made it short in the demo.  The structure of the game is basically "grab necessary equipment in hub > accept quest from guild clerk > hunt (this is where the demo drops you in) > use quest rewards and monster carves to make more and better equipment > repeat." 

In the full game, after killing the monster you get a minute to carve it's body for monster parts and then get a quest reward screen for even more.  The demo basically just gives you a taste of the action.

Also, unless you can beat the easy monster consistently around 10 min, don't try the hard monster.  The monster is hard enough for newcomers, and that's not even considering fighting it underwater.  Don't worry, by the time you get to that monster in the full game, you will have a lot more experience.

#205 cyrex

cyrex

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gears of war

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:59 AM

It's basically just "so many slots in pouch" during the hunts.  In your pouch, every item takes up a slot, and how many of that item you can bring varies.  You can bring 10 regular potions at max, but 20 whetstones max. There's an item box in both the singleplayer hub (moga village) and multiplayer hub (port tanjia), your bases of operations, where the rest of your items, armor, and weapons are stored when not using them.

As far as saving, you can only save while in the village, but hunts normally take 20-30 minutes.  In the full game, almost all quests have a time limit of 50 min instead of the demos 20.  Not sure why they made it short in the demo.  The structure of the game is basically "grab necessary equipment in hub > accept quest from guild clerk > hunt (this is where the demo drops you in) > use quest rewards and monster carves to make more and better equipment > repeat." 

In the full game, after killing the monster you get a minute to carve it's body for monster parts and then get a quest reward screen for even more.  The demo basically just gives you a taste of the action.

Also, unless you can beat the easy monster consistently around 10 min, don't try the hard monster.  The monster is hard enough for newcomers, and that's not even considering fighting it underwater.  Don't worry, by the time you get to that monster in the full game, you will have a lot more experience.

Thanks for the details, i really appreciate it.

#206 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

Thanks for the details, i really appreciate it.

No problem, I'm here to help.  Also, hit the home button during the demo and then click on the manual button to get general controls information and other things.

#207 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

6rMMD2h.jpg

Already out in Meijer. ;)

#208 tonyOn1ce

tonyOn1ce

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

So how does the multiplayer work?  We go to a town and see other players there?  Or do we need to add people to a friends list in order to play with them first.  Either way, Im a MH player that wants to play with other MH players on occasion.  

#209 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

So how does the multiplayer work?  We go to a town and see other players there?  Or do we need to add people to a friends list in order to play with them first.  Either way, Im a MH player that wants to play with other MH players on occasion.  

You either make or join an online room  When making a room, you can name it whatever you want, or name it using preset choices (eg "skilled players only," "everyone welcome," etc) and can also choose to set a password for people to get in.  The limit per room is 4 people, and you don't have to friend people to play with them.

#210 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

You either make or join an online room  When making a room, you can name it whatever you want, or name it using preset choices (eg "skilled players only," "everyone welcome," etc) and can also choose to set a password for people to get in.  The limit per room is 4 people, and you don't have to friend people to play with them.

Should also note that naming your room properly is important to if your just scavenging items name it as that, helps people that go to your room and waiting for you to find out you don't want to help them hunt cause of low items. That was one of the few things I hoped they would change, was the amount of players allowed in a room I know it's 4 player co-op and like it but haveing more than 4 in the hub would have reduced the need to wait for others to finish a hunt or to go look for others.i'm not sure but I think that's how fantasy star online worked 30 or so players in the hub find 3 other guys that wanted to go play and go. Would have been nice not necessary no but nice.

#211 Charles211

Charles211

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:26 AM

6rMMD2h.jpg

Holy crap you live in royal oak ( your receipt) ?? Im from Farmington Hils!!! If i was back home not in college i'd be driving to that meijer right now. I'm like 2 hours away right now tho ;(

Edited by Charles211, 17 March 2013 - 04:27 AM.

#212 DomingoDavinci

DomingoDavinci

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Pikmin, Fire Emblem

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

After seeing your post, I immediately ran out to my local Meijer to see if they had it.  Unfortunately it appears I will have to wait until Tuesday.  Let me know if your looking for a friend on the Wii U to hunt with.  Getting my Wii U tomorrow.

#213 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

Man, none of the stores in my town ever break the streetdate.  Everyone else in the country could already have it and I'd still have to wait til the release date.

#214 cyrex

cyrex

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gears of war

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

You guys are really lucky we cant have it till friday ;(

#215 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

The Gamestop guy just invited me to the Gears of War midnight release to get my monster hunter cuz I was the only one who preordered it 

...sigh :(

#216 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

3. mh3gu is a direct port of mh3g, which was an enhanced port of psp title mh portable 3rd. It took all the extra content mhp3rd added, and combined it with everything tri had that portable 3rd left out because the psp couldnt handle it. the game had NO ONLINE so the content was made 100% accessible in single player. So the content in mh3g on 3ds, which is the EXACT SAME CONTENT AS THE WII U GAME is 100 obtainable offline. The wii u versions online is nothing more than adhoc online. That is a HUGE difference from tri, which half the games content required you to go online to experience.

3G is actually an enhanced port of tri, adding mhp3rd features. Just nuancing a bit ;)
Posted Image

#217 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

Alianjaro, on 18 Mar 2013 - 09:15, said:3G is actually an enhanced port of tri, adding mhp3rd features. Just nuancing a bit

I actually completely covered that. Do you know portable 3rd is an enhanced/dehanced port of tri? 3G is an enhanced port of 3rd that brings back the things from tri the psp couldnt handle in 3rd, as well as adding in exclusive new monsters. That makes the point you brought up redundent, something that is logically implicit and doesnt actually need to be stated.

Edited by 3Dude, 18 March 2013 - 04:16 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#218 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

for europe its this friday 22 of march

here a link for proof

from http://www.nintendo.co.uk/

http://www.nintendo....ate-702369.html

#219 itogi

itogi

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • NNID:Shiranko
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Okami & SSB

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

6rMMD2h.jpg

I hate you so much. LOL I am joking. I am getting two Monster Hunters tommrow.

5R5PY4h.jpg

#220 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:16 AM

Launch Trailer

LordPickleton.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic