Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

While I haven't done much research on X I can't say I've ever seen anyone call it an mh clone.  I thought it was fairly obvious that, at least gameplay-wise, it was related to Xenoblade Chronicles.  I assume the people who compared it to MH never played xenoblade.

#182 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

While I haven't done much research on X I can't say I've ever seen anyone call it an mh clone. I thought it was fairly obvious that, at least gameplay-wise, it was related to Xenoblade Chronicles. I assume the people who compared it to MH never played xenoblade.

Only one article i saw actually had the integrity to own up to not knowing what xenoblade was.

www.insidegamingdaily.com/2013/01/23/monolith-softs-mysterious-x-has-swords-guns-monsters-and-mechs/

They get a pass.

the rest of the first responders however had at their least offensive stuff like this...

www.examiner.com/article/monolith-soft-unveils-trailer-for-new-game

And at the worst... You could tell these guys had no idea what wither monster hunter or xenoblade were...

As such, it's probably a
Xenoblade-style game meant to emulate the
open world nature of Monster Hunter

'open world nature of Monster Hunter

And xenoblade and its successor COPIED the open world nature no less.

W.T.F

www.neoseeker.com/news/22002-nintendo-direct-events-surprise-announcement-is-monolith-softs-followup-to-xenoblade-chronicles-x/

It was just everywhere after the direct. Abd this was just the latest example.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#183 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

Getting this tomorrow and the 3DS version. ;)

#184 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:
    PATAPON | LBP | DIGIMON | ZELDA | KIRBY

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

Getting this tomorrow and the 3DS version. ;)

Comes out tomorrow? Hmm Nice, too bad I will be late picking this and my Wii U up. u_u

PlayStationUnityampNintendoUnitySingleSi

To visit my Nintendo Channel click the link above, to visit my PlayStation Channel click here.

#185 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

Tomorrow?  Are you importing the japanese version?  I know it doesn't come out in North America til the 19th and Europe on the 22nd.

#186 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

Tomorrow? Are you importing the japanese version? I know it doesn't come out in North America til the 19th and Europe on the 22nd.

sold me an early me. ;)

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 11 March 2013 - 12:21 PM.

#187 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

Ebay guy sold me an early me. ;)

Let us know how it goes.  I'd be kinda wary of someone selling it via ebay this early.

#188 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

Nice, hope you are jipped we all know that Ebay isn't entirely safe. Anway enjoy the game and If you can record some footage.

To visit my Nintendo Channel click the link above, to visit my PlayStation Channel click here.

#189 Kao

Kao

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Ernitis
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:45 AM

Why is this thread dead?

Can someone give me playing tips? I'm using SnS. I use stuff like rollsand stuff, but when the Lagombi is running (injured) is there a way to stop him? I really wanna be good at this when it comes out! :D

Hello! My name is Kao and I am a Kangaroo! If you can see my kicking picture there, you can see me riding one of mine friends! I am quite popular in the area because I saved alot of animals turning in to women accsesories. It was quite painfull on the way, but I liked the experience! I plan on buying a plane with all my money I got and going on an adventure on the isles. My first adventure was when that Mcguffin Hunter cought me, but I escaped, and I don't want to let any animal in pain! What's your story, mate?

-Kao the kangaroo

#190 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • NNID:BringerOfBooze
  • Fandom:
    Cloud (FFVII), Master Chief (Halo)

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

Monster Hunter next week! Omg so excited :D

#191 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:45 AM

Err i hope you don't mean this - 

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a7cf4614d

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#192 Kao

Kao

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:54 AM

Err i hope you don't mean this - 

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a7cf4614d

it is next week. In 22 in EU to be exact

Edit-Sorry, I thought that you quoted the guy above you!

Edited by Ernitis, 11 March 2013 - 07:56 AM.

Hello! My name is Kao and I am a Kangaroo! If you can see my kicking picture there, you can see me riding one of mine friends! I am quite popular in the area because I saved alot of animals turning in to women accsesories. It was quite painfull on the way, but I liked the experience! I plan on buying a plane with all my money I got and going on an adventure on the isles. My first adventure was when that Mcguffin Hunter cought me, but I escaped, and I don't want to let any animal in pain! What's your story, mate?

-Kao the kangaroo

#193 itogi

itogi

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • NNID:Shiranko
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Okami & SSB

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

I can't wait to play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on next week. Demo for the Wii U is so fun and playing as a Hunting Horn as well.

5R5PY4h.jpg

#194 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

Why is this thread dead?

Can someone give me playing tips? I'm using SnS. I use stuff like rollsand stuff, but when the Lagombi is running (injured) is there a way to stop him? I really wanna be good at this when it comes out! :D

if you go into the chest you can get a shock trap which you can set to stun him, also you should eat the well done steaks so you can run longer

Edited by Structures, 11 March 2013 - 08:21 AM.

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#195 Kao

Kao

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

if you go into the chest you can get a shock trap which you can set to stun him, also you should eat the well done steaks so you can run longer

Yeh, I figured it out, and you can also use sonic bombs. I eat the steaks too.

Also, do you know that with the touchscreen while using SnS you can use items?

-Kao the kangaroo

#196 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

Yeh, I figured it out, and you can also use sonic bombs. I eat the steaks too.

Also, do you know that with the touchscreen while using SnS you can use items?

i only played SnS like once so i didn't know that, thanks for the tip!

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#197 Kao

Kao

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

i only played SnS like once so i didn't know that, thanks for the tip!

NP! It says it in the weapons discription too, but when I saw it I found difficulty finding how!

-Kao the kangaroo

#198 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

8 Days left til launch!

#199 Kao

Kao

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

8 Days left til launch!

-Kao the kangaroo

#200 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

Why is this thread dead?

I posted this in the other thread.  Guess I'll post it here too.  Maybe I'll start a help thread when the game comes out.

Here's some info on how the SnS works:

Attacks:

1) X, X, X

2) A, A, A

3) Left stick direction+A, A

4) R+X

5) X+A, X

6) while holding R press A

7) Plus button

8) With weapon sheathed, moving + X, X

4 and 5 can be followed up by 1.  During 1, you can go into 2.  7 is basically just the last hit of 2.  8 and 5 do the same thing, but 8 is an unsheathe attack.  3 does exhaust damage and will eventually KO a monster if used on the head.  Both monsters in the demo can be difficult to pull this off though.

Pressing R+Y will let you use your selected item without putting your weapon away (though your character will put their weapon away after using a whetstone, not sure why)  this is the SnS's claim to fame, since its the only weapon that can use items with the weapon out.

This is a "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" kind of weapon.  None of the attacks leave you open, and you can press B to dodge right after any attack.  Just stay on your toes and you should be fine with this weapon.  SnS is a weapon I've got a lot of experience with and I can personally beat the lagombi in under 5 minutes with this weapon.  Surprising since it has an ice element on it and the lagombi is resistant to ice.

This video isn't mine but it should show you how to use it in action.

Edited by Lightning_Ninja, 11 March 2013 - 12:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!