• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

As much as I don't care for Gamestop...my other local place isn't doing pre-orders yet..so I decided not to do the "sorry I waited" game and pre-ordered

I'd love to yell people that pre-ordering is safe ..but it's not..when the Wii launched my local Gamestops had to give out pre-orders in 3 or 4 loads..so some pre-orders weren't filled till almost 6 months after launch.

I'd like to think the success of the Wii took Nintendo and everyone by surprise to an extend and they've learned to better estimate the demand, but time will tell.

#42 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

I'd like to think the success of the Wii took Nintendo and everyone by surprise to an extend and they've learned to better estimate the demand, but time will tell.

Creating demand is part of the business. Fact is..if demand is high and supply is lower, then it creates a bigger demand...people want what they can't have...
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#43 Camnak11

Camnak11

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:33 PM

GameStop on their website just changed the status of the deluxe set to not available!!! Good thing I preordered mine last night, I've learned since the wii never underestimate Nintendo

#44 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

This is all so exciting...

#45 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

Creating demand is part of the business. Fact is..if demand is high and supply is lower, then it creates a bigger demand...people want what they can't have...

...and this is why I pre-ordered one :)

#46 Chris

Chris

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

GameStop has sold out of the Deluxe Edition so I'm going to try BestBuy tomorrow. I know the Deluxe is also sold out online, but I'm hoping to place an order in store. If not, gonna have to go through Wal Mart.

From the looks of it though, they only have the Wii U Solution Bundle up for Pre-Order. Not sure if I'm doing the math right, but all together I don't see why it all adds up to be $450+...

Edited by Chris, 15 September 2012 - 08:48 PM.

Posted Image

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1332-9041-3756

Feel free to add me as a Friend! c:

#47 Aerontar

Aerontar

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend Of Dragoon, Pokemon, Disgaea

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:41 AM

I followed Nintendo's Conference on my phone while sitting outside of GameStop Thursday morning. The preorders went into effect there about a half hour after the conference ended. I was the first person in that store to preorder the system (Deluxe Edition of course). I also have Pikmin, AC3, Scribblenauts, Ninja Gaiden and NSMBU preordered. Will be preordering Darksiders 2 when it's available. I cannot wait. I will not be able to go to the midnight launch because I work at a movie theater and that is opening weekend of the final Twilight movie. No getting out of work that day, so I have requested an open shift (and I have been there for 5 years, so the request will go through) so I can pick up the U when the GameStop (at the mall where I work) opens about a half hour after my work opens. November 18th can't get here fast enough.

#48 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:11 AM

Before conference: Meh Wii U looks cool I guess :/
After conference(Bayonetta 2): MUST GET. (Preorders deluxe 2 hours later)

Gamestop doesn't let you preorder Bayonetta 2 yet it seems

Edited by giggity3000, 16 September 2012 - 08:12 AM.

1367065580450s.jpg

#49 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:23 PM

GameStop has sold out of the Deluxe Edition so I'm going to try BestBuy tomorrow. I know the Deluxe is also sold out online, but I'm hoping to place an order in store. If not, gonna have to go through Wal Mart.

From the looks of it though, they only have the Wii U Solution Bundle up for Pre-Order. Not sure if I'm doing the math right, but all together I don't see why it all adds up to be $450+...

Have you had any luck in-store? I'm sure Walmart will have in store bundles available.

#50 Dizzo1992

Dizzo1992

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:38 PM

I'm pre ordering the deluxe this week can't wait! Probably going to do mine at best buy its only a $5 deposit and I have a $50 best buy gift card can't wait!

#51 Chris

Chris

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:34 PM

Have you had any luck in-store? I'm sure Walmart will have in store bundles available.

I was lucky enough to be able to pre-order the Wii U from my local Best Buy so I didn't check Wal Mart. :)
From what I hear though, they're still taking orders for both editions. Haha, I guess everyone has to rush to Wal Mart if they haven't placed an order yet.

Posted Image

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1332-9041-3756

Feel free to add me as a Friend! c:

#52 samus

samus

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Fandom:
    nintendo

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

i'll pre-order mines on the 19th if they still have any in stock i hopePosted Image

#53 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:26 AM

I think alot of people are gonna end up without one. Being number 30 and etc...just dont see any store getting 30 wii us on launch day. So some might have to do the second batch.

#54 Dizzo1992

Dizzo1992

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

Here in NJ everywhere is sold out of the deluxe toys r us walmart gamestop target best buy I was out of luck :/ I settled with the basic at best buy.

#55 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

I actually like the basic version, although I did order the Deluxe just because I am really not interested in any launch titles, waiting for Mario in 3d worlds, Zelda, and Mario Kart and etc.

The white one stands out though, it looks cool

#56 That64Kid

That64Kid

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Fandom:
    I love you

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:00 AM

I wanted to get the deluxe edition to match my 3ds and Wiimote, but I just preordered the basic since they were sold out .-.

Edited by That64Kid, 19 September 2012 - 01:13 PM.

#57 CBreeze5g

CBreeze5g

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:50 AM

Well I mangaed to find myself a deluxe at my toyrus yesterday and I put $20 down on one. I m not sure if I'll be able to pay it off though as I have other bills so if I can't I'll drop my reservation so someone else can enjoy.

#58 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

I wanted to get the deluxe edition to make my 3ds and Wiimote, but I just preordered the basic since they were sold out .-.

Was this online or in stores? How long ago as well? I could've sworn they had stopped all pre-orders..

#59 That64Kid

That64Kid

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Fandom:
    I love you

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

I pre-ordered the basic edition online from Gamestop.They were still doing pre-orders for the basic one the last time I checked :o

#60 EC1992

EC1992

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, Super Smash Bros

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

I pre ordered deluxe from gamestop locals. Hopefully, if I wait 6 hours in line I should be able to get the Wii U on November 18th. Really want one before my surgery. I pre ordered NSMBU along with it, and hoping to have enough for two more games like Scribblenauts and Batman or Epic Mickey 2.
Playing: NSMBU, Batman: Arkham City, Disney Epic Mickey, & Nintendoland. Black console.
Getting: Skylanders Giants for Wii U, White Vita bundle, Gravity Rush, LBP, Uncharted: Golden Abyss,
& Persona 4: Solid Gold Premium Collector's Edition. Gonna be awesome Christmas :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!