• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#61 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

The gamestop employees in my city were like, the (basic white console) is ugly..Are they even allowed to say that?? Lol, seems like they were trying there best to get everyone to pre order the Deluxe.

#62 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

I pre-ordered the basic edition online from Gamestop.They were still doing pre-orders for the basic one the last time I checked :o

How long ago was this? There was a huge announcement stating they weren't taking anymore. Maybe it's by store now?

#63 Splint

Splint

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:11 PM

So around what time will I have to be in line on the 17th? I dont wanna go and be 30th in line with a preorder..

#64 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:10 AM

So around what time will I have to be in line on the 17th? I dont wanna go and be 30th in line with a preorder..

The Gamestop Manager told me today, that you need to be in line as EARLY as possible, and that Gamestop Corporate are not big on doing midnight launches on Sunday, in which 11/18/2012 falls on.
He says that even pre-orders are not promised, therefore some people might even be forced to wait on the 2nd shipment. Im kinda pissed about it, but heh, what else can I do?? Everyone else is sold out

He said sometimes the store does not even get shipped the PRE-ORDER amount, they end up with less. He stated they had 50 Wii preorders, but only received 30 on launch day. So he advised me to be prepared to get there as early as possible.

Edited by GreatestGamer, 21 September 2012 - 09:13 AM.

#65 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:04 PM

The GS I pre-ordered at said they were told to stop taking pre-orders. However, I was also told they didn't have that many actually pre-ordered at their store.

#66 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

The GS I pre-ordered at said they were told to stop taking pre-orders. However, I was also told they didn't have that many actually pre-ordered at their store.

I was told that my store got 40 in all.

#67 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:10 PM

I was told that my store got 40 in all.

I didn't get a number, but I'm sure this GS had less than that.

#68 That64Kid

That64Kid

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Fandom:
    I love you

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:15 AM

How long ago was this? There was a huge announcement stating they weren't taking anymore. Maybe it's by store now?

I pre-ordered minelast week. I think that announcement was only meant for the deluxe edition, which is sold out on Gamestop's website. The basic edition is still there. It costed me $324.64 to get it .-.

#69 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:52 PM

The Gamestop Manager told me today, that you need to be in line as EARLY as possible, and that Gamestop Corporate are not big on doing midnight launches on Sunday, in which 11/18/2012 falls on.
He says that even pre-orders are not promised, therefore some people might even be forced to wait on the 2nd shipment. Im kinda pissed about it, but heh, what else can I do?? Everyone else is sold out

He said sometimes the store does not even get shipped the PRE-ORDER amount, they end up with less. He stated they had 50 Wii preorders, but only received 30 on launch day. So he advised me to be prepared to get there as early as possible.

I actually wouldn't be all that broken up if I missed the first shipment. It'd give me a little more time to decide if I want it or not, lol. I could wait a few weeks.

Of course, the Gamestop employees I asked said the pre-order "guaranteed" me a console on Nov. 18, but I knew to take that with a grain of salt. Or as the Internet would say, a grain assault.

#70 BGamer25

BGamer25

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

Yeah, I pre-ordered mines last weekend, but was sold out of the Deluxe. So, I had to get the Basic which doesn't bother me, since you can use a USB external storage hard drive. I also had the power up card so that helped me out as well, with the the pre-order of New Super Mario Bros. U.
Nintendo ID: Blackfuse25

#71 That64Kid

That64Kid

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Fandom:
    I love you

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

Yeah, I pre-ordered mines last weekend, but was sold out of the Deluxe. So, I had to get the Basic which doesn't bother me, since you can use a USB external storage hard drive. I also had the power up card so that helped me out as well, with the the pre-order of New Super Mario Bros. U.

I'm not alone! Huzzah! ('-')/

#72 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:42 PM

I pre-ordered minelast week. I think that announcement was only meant for the deluxe edition, which is sold out on Gamestop's website. The basic edition is still there. It costed me $324.64 to get it .-.

If the tax is anything like it is where I live, that sounds about right. The announcement was meant for both versions, though most were only accepting basic preorders by the time it was made. I think you pre-ordered before they halted them completely.

#73 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

I was told today that, though they didn't get a lot of pre-orders, the wait list is HUGE. Apparently nobody paid attention like I did. :)

#74 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

I can see it now, it's gonna be sold out for months to come.

#75 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

I can see it now, it's gonna be sold out for months to come.

Yeah, it's pretty known that that's going to happen.

#76 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

I didn't pre-order at Gamestop.

I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS TOPIC LOLOLOLOL GO EB GAMES!!!

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#77 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

Silly Australians...

...!

:)

#78 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:27 AM

EB Games... are they technically with GS or did they only merge in certain regions?

#79 EC1992

EC1992

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, Super Smash Bros

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:30 AM

So extremely glad that I decided on getting the Wii U on the second day before they sold out and set a HUGE wait list :-) I knew it was gonna sell like hot cakes. Wasn't quite sure if I had the money, but now I am :)
Playing: NSMBU, Batman: Arkham City, Disney Epic Mickey, & Nintendoland. Black console.
Getting: Skylanders Giants for Wii U, White Vita bundle, Gravity Rush, LBP, Uncharted: Golden Abyss,
& Persona 4: Solid Gold Premium Collector's Edition. Gonna be awesome Christmas :-)

#80 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:31 PM

I'll be pre-ordering mine on the 28th.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!