• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

Let's put this into perspective. An Xbox 360 250GB HDD is about 120 bucks. For the same price, you can buy a 2TB external hard drive which you can also put other stuff on, not just dedicated to your gaming machine.
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#22 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:14 PM

I think nintendo did exactly what they had to do to keep the price as low as they could make it. & judging by the success of their preorders they made the right decision. $50 can make a huge difference in the human psyche. At least when they opted for this lower storage they made the payoff that you could subsidize it with any storage you would like.
I'm glad they choose this route because I'll barely be able to get a system and a game as it is

Edited by Falconberg, 16 September 2012 - 03:15 PM.

-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#23 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

External Hard Drive

/Thread.

#24 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

Heres a solution to the harddrive... go buy this.... make so many Miis :P

http://www.google.co...ved=0CH0Q8wIwAA

Make sooo many miis is right... Like 20 million miis.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#25 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

Heres a solution to the harddrive... go buy this.... make so many Miis :P

http://www.google.co...ved=0CH0Q8wIwAA

Still not enough...

#26 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

Still not enough...

Buy two. Make even more Miis!
Posted Image

#27 -JJ-

-JJ-

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mrs. Doubtfire, Madea, Corneria

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:29 PM

yeah I read that the Wii U has about 20 times the amount of memory that the Wii had. And I never had a problem with my Wii's memory, so I think 20 times that should be more than enough.
Posted Image

#28 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

@Gamejunkie - not trying to be a jerk, but your logic sucks and you won't find many people to agree with you. You would rather have a 300GB internal storage for an extra $50 bucks when you can buy a portable 1-2 TB drive for little more?

It's obvious that you don't like that kind of flexibility
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#29 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

@Gamejunkie - not trying to be a jerk, but your logic sucks and you won't find many people to agree with you. You would rather have a 300GB internal storage for an extra $50 bucks when you can buy a portable 1-2 TB drive for little more?

It's obvious that you don't like that kind of flexibility

I couldn't have said it better myself.

#30 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

I don't see how Nintendo didn't think of the gamers first. They could have loaded the Wii U with memory, killed our wallets/purses, and slaughtered the momentum it has due to the price. They are allowing us to connect our own memory! That is such a classy move.

#31 nfzeta007

nfzeta007

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

That's a poor and inexcusable reason considering how cheap internal storage is these days.

Are you arguing just for the sake of it because i could also say the reason for your argument is poor and inexcusable, especially because oh how extremely you are responding considering how cheap external storage is these days.

Why is it okay for one argument and not for the other? Also the choice Nintendo has given is cheaper than just putting 2-3 different amounts of internal storage and putting on some $ on the system, when you can just chose a cheap external hard drive if you need one.

Edited by nfzeta007, 16 September 2012 - 05:03 PM.

#32 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

I just wanted to point out that Gamejunkie isn't a troll, he does make valid points time to time (on other forums).

But in this particular instance, he's probably landed in the minority on this manner. Well, to be honest, this is the first I've heard of someone being disgruntled over being able to use USB Hard Drives for storage.

Gamejunkie, as you said, using external hard drives is disadvantageous to your home setup. That's just something that you are either going to either deal with or not. You'll probably get over it anyway.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#33 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

RIGHT THE HAPPENING AGAIN HAS TO REPLACE HERP DERP WITH ACTUAL FACT """""""""""""""IV TOLD YOU THIS A THOUSAND TIMES ALREADY IF YOU TRY TAKING IN FACTUAL INFO THAT I SUPPLY MAYBE BEING STUPID MIGHT NOT BE PART OF YOUR MAKE UP""""""""""""""""""""""""""

FACT NIN-TEN-DO WILL NEVER PUT A SLOW HOT HEAVVY OUT DATED STORAGE DEVICE KNOWN AS A HARDDRIVE IN A GAMES CONSOLE IV TOLD YOU THIS >>>>>>>>>>HOW MANY TIMES OVER ALREADY<<<<<<<<<< IF U DONT KNOW THIS HAND IN YOUR NINTENDO FAN MEMBERS CARD AT RESEPTION AND KINDLY LEAVE NINTENDO WILL NOT USE OUT DATED HARDDRIVES HOW MANY FREAKING TIMES GUYS HOW MANY

FLASH DRIVES INSIDE YOUR WIIU 8GB OR 32GB OK THATS FLASH THERES NO HARDDRIVE IN A WIIU OK GOT THAT

4X USA PORTS ALL SUPPORT BOTH FLASH AND HARDDRIVES AS DID WII

I X FLASH CARD READER SLOT JUST LIKE WII

REGGIE COMFIRMED UPTO 3 TERA BITE HARDDRIVES IN USB PORTS WILL WORK

FLASH IS FAST HARDDRIVES ARE SLOW /FLAsh is solid harddrives have moving parts /flash is low heat harddrives are hot/flash is low wattage harddrives are high

the above is commonsense and iv told you this many many times over TRY TAKING INFORMATION IN

Edited by thehappening, 16 September 2012 - 08:34 PM.

#34 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

RIGHT THE HAPPENING AGAIN HAS TO REPLACE HERP DERP WITH ACTUAL FACT """""""""""""""IV TOLD YOU THIS A THOUSAND TIMES ALREADY IF YOU TRY TAKING IN FACTUAL INFO THAT I SUPPLY MAYBE BEING STUPID MIGHT NOT BE PART OF YOUR MAKE UP""""""""""""""""""""""""""

FACT NIN-TEN-DO WILL NEVER PUT A SLOW HOT HEAVVY OUT DATED STORAGE DEVICE KNOWN AS A HARDDRIVE IN A GAMES CONSOLE IV TOLD YOU THIS >>>>>>>>>>HOW MANY TIMES OVER ALREADY<<<<<<<<<< IF U DONT KNOW THIS HAND IN YOUR NINTENDO FAN MEMBERS CARD AT RESEPTION AND KINDLY LEAVE NINTENDO WILL NOT USE OUT DATED HARDDRIVES HOW MANY FREAKING TIMES GUYS HOW MANY

FLASH DRIVES INSIDE YOUR WIIU 8GB OR 32GB OK THATS FLASH THERES NO HARDDRIVE IN A WIIU OK GOT THAT

4X USA PORTS ALL SUPPORT BOTH FLASH AND HARDDRIVES AS DID WII

I X FLASH CARD READER SLOT JUST LIKE WII

REGGIE COMFIRMED UPTO 3 TERA BITE HARDDRIVES IN USB PORTS WILL WORK

FLASH IS FAST HARDDRIVES ARE SLOW /FLAsh is solid harddrives have moving parts /flash is low heat harddrives are hot/flash is low wattage harddrives are high

the above is commonsense and iv told you this many many times over TRY TAKING INFORMATION IN

Lol! Very interesting. That's true that hard drives are sensitive little guys. I've had 2 pooch on my xbox. Typically from impact. But neither my wii or 3ds had ever had that kind of issue. I never thought of the idea that flash memory is superior. Hhmmmmm

#35 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

Lol! Very interesting. That's true that hard drives are sensitive little guys. I've had 2 pooch on my xbox. Typically from impact. But neither my wii or 3ds had ever had that kind of issue. I never thought of the idea that flash memory is superior. Hhmmmmm

I FIND IT TOTALLY SHOCKING DONT THINK CAPS LOCK = SENSITIVE IT DOESNT IM SHOCKED AT THE LEVELS OF DUMB AROUND ME ON THIS PLANET (TO SAY A PLASTIC STICK BETTERS A WII REMOTE IS NOT JUST DUMB ITS F*******KING not good) JUST A EXAMPLE OF WHAT IM UP AGAINST (THESE PEOPLE VOTE JOIN THE ARMY MAKE ARE MEALS DOES THAT NOT SCARE U)

how would any nintendo fan not know these facts i just for the love of god dont get these people nintendo has been FLASH since N64 is that fact not clear for all to see they were never going to harrdrive a console NEVER EVER so why even ask its dumb !!!!!!!!!!!!

people need to see windows with flash drive boot and optermization and ps3 witha solid drive vs harddrive it aint rocket science flash loads /streams WAY WAY FASTER THAN A HARDDRIVE and uses way less power and and makes way less heat and takes up way less area

simple thing is new tech is smaller than old tech flash is NEXT GEN harddrive is old gen yet people claiming to be HARDCORE WITCH MEANS CUTTING EDGUE AND IN THE KNOW CLAIM A HARDDRIVE IS HARDCORE AND FLASH IS FOR GRANMOTHER

i dont get this one little bit the cutting edge of storage = FLASH

why would a gamer fanboy SLOW/HOT/HEAVY/OUTDATED/EASSY TO BREAK CORRUPT VS FLASH ITS INSANITY ITS SELF

il have a wiiu delux and il ad a flash card and flash drive presto all the storage il ever need and easy to remove and carry and even hide if i had someing dodgy on it lol or secret

big azzed heavy noicey hot break down drive NO THANKS good job u guys dont design consoles i wouldnt buy it

Edited by thehappening, 16 September 2012 - 09:18 PM.

#36 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:39 PM

I had to read what you said a couple of times, Thehappening, to completely understand what you were saying. About the durance and speed of a flash drive being greater than a hard drive, I agree that this is completely relevant and convenient for gamers.

#37 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:13 AM

I had to read it like 3 times! Lol. I get what he's saying, but I can't figure out why he's yelling. I think nearly everyone is agreeing with him. Oh well. We need OCD people to come up with this technology anyway. Goodness knows I could never do it.

#38 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:21 AM

You mean STORAGE.

MEMORY is something the Wii U has an abundance of.

It was done on purpose. 32 GB isn't bad.

but Nintendo was keeping cost down.

You can plug in a 3TB hard drive if you want for as cheap as you can find one.

Nintendo didn't want the console to be $450 just for storage.

that would be a waste.

They put the money where the performance is.

Not into the "warehouse" where your files sit.

Most folks have external drives nowadays. makes sense.

Ms and Sony will prob force you to save into their "clouds" next time, losing control of where your data is.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 17 September 2012 - 10:22 AM.

#39 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:26 AM

@TheHappening - you hit it perfectly and I and most people agree... but in your future posts please use punctuation... your posts are headache inducing Lol.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#40 Death Inspired

Death Inspired

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Fandom:
    Most notably, Pokemon, Zelda and Mario.

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

I FIND IT TOTALLY SHOCKING DONT THINK CAPS LOCK = SENSITIVE IT DOESNT IM SHOCKED AT THE LEVELS OF DUMB AROUND ME ON THIS PLANET (TO SAY A PLASTIC STICK BETTERS A WII REMOTE IS NOT JUST DUMB ITS F*******KING not good) JUST A EXAMPLE OF WHAT IM UP AGAINST (THESE PEOPLE VOTE JOIN THE ARMY MAKE ARE MEALS DOES THAT NOT SCARE U)

how would any nintendo fan not know these facts i just for the love of god dont get these people nintendo has been FLASH since N64 is that fact not clear for all to see they were never going to harrdrive a console NEVER EVER so why even ask its dumb !!!!!!!!!!!!

people need to see windows with flash drive boot and optermization and ps3 witha solid drive vs harddrive it aint rocket science flash loads /streams WAY WAY FASTER THAN A HARDDRIVE and uses way less power and and makes way less heat and takes up way less area

simple thing is new tech is smaller than old tech flash is NEXT GEN harddrive is old gen yet people claiming to be HARDCORE WITCH MEANS CUTTING EDGUE AND IN THE KNOW CLAIM A HARDDRIVE IS HARDCORE AND FLASH IS FOR GRANMOTHER

i dont get this one little bit the cutting edge of storage = FLASH

why would a gamer fanboy SLOW/HOT/HEAVY/OUTDATED/EASSY TO BREAK CORRUPT VS FLASH ITS INSANITY ITS SELF

il have a wiiu delux and il ad a flash card and flash drive presto all the storage il ever need and easy to remove and carry and even hide if i had someing dodgy on it lol or secret

big azzed heavy noicey hot break down drive NO THANKS good job u guys dont design consoles i wouldnt buy it

Awesome, I've learnt alot without re-reading (the entire thing). However, I'd advice brushing up on grammar, in your case mainly spelling and punctuation.
It will really would help get you points across better (easier). ^-^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!