#22 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

Im getting ZombiU AND CoD BO 2 so i dont care, zombi u better single player a true survial horror, CoD for online games and intense action, the perfect duo if you like First person games to get at Wii U’s launch

remember that BO 2 will have ZOMBIES TOO, zombie mania this wii u's launch : D

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Stormage09, 18 September 2012 - 01:57 PM.

Posted Image

#23 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:03 PM

Didn't we already know this...? Like 3-4 months ago?

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#24 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

http://www.konsolifi...endo/jutut/181/

Better Source.
"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#25 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

I am a big Dead Space fan and always have been. When ds2 was announced to have competitive multiplayer everyone complained. Then they announce ds3 will have optional co op and everyone flips saying, "that's not survival horror!" So this game announces it'll be true survival horror & y'all start whining about no online multiplayer. Can we all stop complaining about games that we haven't played.
I am excited for this game because nearly everyone who played the hands on at e3 etc said they really liked it.
-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#26 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

I just watched numerous videos and trailers for Zombie U, and although it is kind of upsetting to not have that MP replay value, if the game is lengthy and time consuming, it will be well worth the 60 beans. This game looks straight up legitttttt. I was scared just watching the trailer. Cant imagine playing this game late at night with the lights off. Gamepad is gonna be insane with Zombie.

#27 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

I'll prob just stick with Black Ops 2 on my 360 for Zombies, I just keep begging Treyarch for a Wii U hardened edition!!!! NEED MY NUKETOWN ZOMBIES AND NUKETOWN 2025!!!!!
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#28 Jp27

Jp27

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

I really do not care. Online is an addition to a game, not a demand for every single freakin' game on the market. Could this game have used it? Sure. Am I going to go pout in a corner because it isn't being set up exactly the way I want it to be? No.

Seriously, not that big a deal...

I definetly cosign this no online isnt a big deal and isnt needed for every game
Posted Image
Dat awesome person

#29 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:20 PM

Online means expanding your fun of the game by playing with other people. Not many people have others in the household who play games with them. Simply put, online play extends the life of a multiplayer game. Imagine Call of Duty being offline only. It makes a HUGE difference. So it really depends on the game. A game like ZombiU is expected to have online as opposed to a JRPG for example.

#30 gregoryorizal

gregoryorizal

Spiny

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

I'm okay with this game not having online multiplayer. the only reason I would want it there is so people could see that it could be done on Nintendo's new system. But I guess the other games like Blops 2 and Fifa 13 having it is good enough
Posted Image

#31 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:12 AM

A game like ZombiU is expected to have online as opposed to a JRPG for example.

And there are plenty of games around for Multiplayer. And the whole idea that a game is "expected" to have online just because its in first person is just ridiciolous. This is a survival horror game. Not an actionfest.
Not all games are meant to be the same. Thank god.

But i guess people just like to complain. People are complaining everyday about Resident Evil and Dead Space turning into multiplayer-action games and that there are no real survival horror games on the market anymore. Then Ubi Soft announces one and everyone is like "Hell nao, why no Multiplayer!?"

Humanity...

Anyway

CVG writes this "ZombiU feels like the survival horror game disgruntled Resident Evil fans have been crying out for ever since Leon Kennedy took down his first helicopter; movement in first person is sluggish and ammunition is scarce"

#32 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:36 AM

And there are plenty of games around for Multiplayer. And the whole idea that a game is "expected" to have online just because its in first person is just ridiciolous. This is a survival horror game. Not an actionfest.
Not all games are meant to be the same. Thank god.

But i guess people just like to complain. People are complaining everyday about Resident Evil and Dead Space turning into multiplayer-action games and that there are no real survival horror games on the market anymore. Then Ubi Soft announces one and everyone is like "Hell nao, why no Multiplayer!?"

Humanity...

Anyway

CVG writes this "ZombiU feels like the survival horror game disgruntled Resident Evil fans have been crying out for ever since Leon Kennedy took down his first helicopter; movement in first person is sluggish and ammunition is scarce"

I personally did not plan on buying ZombiU whether it was online-capable or not; I'm merely basing my opinion off of the demands of other players who enjoy FPS. Despite me not caring much for the game, I honestly expected online merely because of the hub-bub they made about the game's multiplayer earlier this year.

Edited by Graff, 19 September 2012 - 08:36 AM.

#33 milky105p

milky105p

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

http://wiiudaily.com...player-details/

And now let your souls die.

It has the local 1 mode multiplayer. While I wish there were other modes or coop or something too, the developers are already anticipating if this game does well they will make a sequel with a lot more multiplayer implemented.

http://wiiudaily.com...player-details/

And now let your souls die.

It has the local 1 mode multiplayer. While I wish there were other modes or coop or something too, the developers are already anticipating if this game does well they will make a sequel with a lot more multiplayer implemented.

I think a lot of people are totally misunderstanding this game and are expecting it to be something that its not. Like Nazi Zombies in Call of Duty or Left 4 Dead.
This is not an action-game. You will have to save every bullet you can if you want to progress in this game.

Heres a great preview
http://www.vg247.com/2012/09/18/zombiu-hands-on-the-dark-souls-of-zombie-games/

I completely agree with you, and for the single player experience this is perfect. But what happens when you play through the game once twice or even three times and youre sick of it, if each play through is only like 10 hours or a little more give or take hypothetically, a good multiplayer addition would make the overall sense of getting your moneys worth greater. I think the asymmetrical idea they have is great, they just could have not stopped where they did with it. As long as they implemented multiplayer in its own sense that doesn't feel tacked on or rushed, I'm ok with it. Overall I'm here to play the single player though. More multiplayer modes or more people in the one mode would even have been better, but that's just me.

#34 BountyHunter

BountyHunter

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

I have nothing against single player games... but this is sad... This game was SCREAMING online gameplay.

#35 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

There are a ton of online features. This is survival horror though so I don't think multiplayer would work that well just yet.

#36 milky105p

milky105p

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

There are a ton of online features. This is survival horror though so I don't think multiplayer would work that well just yet.

well aside from the dark souls style social network and "invading" someones game with a dead character is one thing. I feel they started the online portion, but they wanted to make sure they focused on the single player to deliver on that side which is respectable. honestly their multiplayer mode is just a tease though. It started off on the right foot then they just cut it loose with the 1v1 asymmetrical play. Nintendo consoles have always been the kind of multiplay and local gatherings, but in this day and age, gaming has changed as well, and if you are going to cater to the online community it needs to be done right. IMO local/ splitscreen in a game should always be there as well as online if they implement MP in any way shape or form. I was hoping they would at least made other modes than CTF or added 1 zombie master and like 4 survivors that way at least 5 people could play on the same console or at least online. I have a very good feeling there will be a sequel to this game as the developers are interested in it anyhow, and they already said they want to add more MP to another game. Usually I'd say no to coop, but for some reason I can see this game working, maybe with a shorter separate side campaign or something.

Case in point this game COULD implement MP right, as a separate feature from the single player so its not a hinderance to the scary experience, but merely an extra for when you want a fun break from the intense single player portion. I could see 5 players in a room or online being very fun with a survivor mode of 4 survivors and a zombie spawner setting traps etc

#37 Splint

Splint

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

I suppose I can understand but they had those seperate MP modes that I assumed were online. This means I only have the WiiVerse as an online function when I get my Wii U. I'm not buying COD for zombies.

#38 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:36 AM

People will say that the MSO functions aren't competitive.

Until they see me stealing all their stuff every time they die. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#39 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:55 PM

I am a big Dead Space fan and always have been. When ds2 was announced to have competitive multiplayer everyone complained. Then they announce ds3 will have optional co op and everyone flips saying, "that's not survival horror!" So this game announces it'll be true survival horror & y'all start whining about no online multiplayer. Can we all stop complaining about games that we haven't played.
I am excited for this game because nearly everyone who played the hands on at e3 etc said they really liked it.

Most of you have the wrong idea, Resident is CO-OP, Dead Space is CO-OP. this game would have perfect online if players could compete with each. The scares in this game are from that constant tension of being bitten, mix that up with fear of getting shoot in the back & you could come to fear players, adding to the game & keeping the scare in the game forever. What makes this worse how single player will still be lacking cause they worked on MP but decided simply to not add online. After all that hype

1367065580450s.jpg

#40 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

That's a shame but in reading some of those online features the online features do sound interesting.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!