Photo

if a gamecube game came to the eshop, which one should out be?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:17 AM

Pretty much like everyone else has been saying, Smash Bros. Melee, Mario Sunshine and Paper Mario TTYD. Though I doubt I'll get them since I own all three already.

#22 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:46 AM

Super Mario Sunshine, Melee, And Paper Mario TTYD

#23 JakeyFlower

JakeyFlower

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    My Little Pony, Pokemon, Sea Princess's

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:14 PM

Wind Waker is probably my answer, but I never owned a gamecube so one of you might know better.

o god, i remember playing windwaker on gamecube oo the memories i loved and really enjoyed playing that <3

Super Mario Sunshine, Melee, And Paper Mario TTYD

Super Mario Sunshine...Paper Mario O GOD THE MEMORIES <33

#24 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Super Mario Sunshine, and as bad (but incredibly fun) as it was Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes.

I highly doubt they would release Melee on there, as it could possibly negatively affect sales of their upcoming Smash game, since many Smash fans consider Melee to be the best in the series.

Realistically though it would probably be Super Mario Sunshine or Luigi's Mansion.

Edited by Tsuchinoko, 22 September 2012 - 02:27 PM.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#25 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

Star Fox Adventures.

If you have a strong heart and are not willing to cry, listen to my sad tale.

I was young. 8 years old or so. I didn't know anything about a game's value. A friend asked me if he could have it for a week. I told him he could. It was last week of school... He moved to another country the summer of the same year. I never saw the game again... RIP StarFox Adventures...
Posted Image

#26 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

Star Fox Adventures.

If you have a strong heart and are not willing to cry, listen to my sad tale.

I was young. 8 years old or so. I didn't know anything about a game's value. A friend asked me if he could have it for a week. I told him he could. It was last week of school... He moved to another country the summer of the same year. I never saw the game again... RIP StarFox Adventures...

He did you a damn good favor.

Edited by Tsuchinoko, 22 September 2012 - 03:01 PM.

zZJ9pHB.png

#27 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

He did you a damn good favor.

O.O WHOA?????????????????????????????????? Star Fox is my first game ever and one of the best I've ever played! I was more than halfway through the game. So either you're joking or you think "Star Fox Adventures didn't feel like a real Star Fox". The only problem is: Star Fox Adventures was the second game of the series (SF 64 was a remake of the SNES one) so nobody could tell how a real starfox feels. The same happened with Zelda two, which was a sidescroller. People said it didn't feel like a Zelda game even though there was no tendency regarding the gameplay.

I guess we all have different opinions right? It just was a bit shocking at first. I'm not flaming, don't worry :D
Posted Image

#28 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

O.O WHOA?????????????????????????????????? Star Fox is my first game ever and one of the best I've ever played! I was more than halfway through the game. So either you're joking or you think "Star Fox Adventures didn't feel like a real Star Fox". The only problem is: Star Fox Adventures was the second game of the series (SF 64 was a remake of the SNES one) so nobody could tell how a real starfox feels. The same happened with Zelda two, which was a sidescroller. People said it didn't feel like a Zelda game even though there was no tendency regarding the gameplay.

I guess we all have different opinions right? It just was a bit shocking at first. I'm not flaming, don't worry :D

Ummm.....since when was Starfox 64 a remake of the SNES one? You obviously have not played it. And yes you can tell how real a game feels after two games, because by then it should be considered a series. Especially if they keep similarities between the two and introduce new elements. In cases like Zelda it's a bit different I admit.

Starfox Adventures was not even supposed to be a Starfox game to begin with though so that itself shows how real of a Starfox game it was. It suffered from the same thing Super Mario Bros.2 did. Maybe you should look up the history of Starfox adventures. It was a game called Dinosaur Planet, until they decided to switch out the characters from that game and replace them with Starfox characters. Oh and you know those Arwing missions in the game that you play to get to different areas? Those were just tacked into the game to make it feel somewhat like a Starfox game. Adventures is the farthest thing from a Starfox game that exists in the series.
zZJ9pHB.png

#29 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

Ummm.....since when was Starfox 64 a remake of the SNES one? You obviously have not played it. And yes you can tell how real a game feels after two games, because by then it should be considered a series. Especially if they keep similarities between the two and introduce new elements. In cases like Zelda it's a bit different I admit.

Starfox Adventures was not even supposed to be a Starfox game to begin with though so that itself shows how real of a Starfox game it was. It suffered from the same thing Super Mario Bros.2 did. Maybe you should look up the history of Starfox adventures. It was a game called Dinosaur Planet, until they decided to switch out the characters from that game and replace them with Starfox characters. Oh and you know those Arwing missions in the game that you play to get to different areas? Those were just tacked into the game to make it feel somewhat like a Starfox game. Adventures is the farthest thing from a Starfox game that exists in the series.

Star Fox Adventures is not a bad game. My only real qualm with it is that I really, really wish it would have stayed as Dinosaur Planet rather than having the Star Fox brand shamelessly plastered over it.

Also, yeah, if anything SF64 is a remake of the unreleased Star Fox 2, but even then there were a lot of concepts and ideas that were simply unused.

Posted Image

#30 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

Star Fox Adventures is not a bad game. My only real qualm with it is that I really, really wish it would have stayed as Dinosaur Planet rather than having the Star Fox brand shamelessly plastered over it.

Also, yeah, if anything SF64 is a remake of the unreleased Star Fox 2, but even then there were a lot of concepts and ideas that were simply unused.

Starfox Adventures should have stayed Dinosaur Planet, no doubt.

And yeah Starfox 64 had a lot of concepts from Starfox 2. But the real game that should be considered a remake of that game has to be Starfox Command.

It's rare to find another person who has played that unreleased Starfox. What did you think of it? I personally loved it a lot. I thought it was way better than the original in nearly every way possible. Had they released it I think it would have been a definite hit no question.
zZJ9pHB.png

#31 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:30 PM

Starfox Adventures should have stayed Dinosaur Planet, no doubt.

And yeah Starfox 64 had a lot of concepts from Starfox 2. But the real game that should be considered a remake of that game has to be Starfox Command.

It's rare to find another person who has played that unreleased Starfox. What did you think of it? I personally loved it a lot. I thought it was way better than the original in nearly every way possible. Had they released it I think it would have been a definite hit no question.

I actually haven't played it, is the ROM available somewhere? :o

Posted Image

#32 kirbylover

kirbylover

Kirby And Pikachu are Freakin awesome

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Fandom:
    kirby,mario kart,mario,anything nintendo

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

smb melee and kirby air ride

Signature_Mewtwo.png

Pokedex entry: Mewtwo: The butt pokemon. It is really sexy and any pokemon that sees it wants to have sex with it. It's power comes from it's butt.

#33 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

I actually haven't played it, is the ROM available somewhere? :o

Yeah just search it on google and you should be able to find it quickly. Play it as soon as possible.
zZJ9pHB.png

#34 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

Just google it man. In Miyamoto's words: "All-Range Mode, Multi-Player Mode and the Star Wolf scenario all came from Star Fox 2. I'd say 60% of Star Fox 64 comes from the original game, 30% fromStar Fox 2, and 10% is entirely new."
60% is from the previous game. I call it pretty much a remake, but that's arguable. Also I perfectly know about the original Dinosaur planet game. Doesn't prove anything though. Yeah maybe the gameplay is different, but it perfectly fits in the storyline. You can't argue on that since Command butchered the game with its multiple endings. Mario was a sidescroller since it was created and became a 3D plateformer with the N64. Nobody complained though, because it fits storywise. Same with SFA.
Now the question is: have you ever played Star Fox Adventures?
Posted Image

#35 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

Just google it man. In Miyamoto's words: "All-Range Mode, Multi-Player Mode and the Star Wolf scenario all came from Star Fox 2. I'd say 60% of Star Fox 64 comes from the original game, 30% fromStar Fox 2, and 10% is entirely new."
60% is from the previous game. I call it pretty much a remake, but that's arguable. Also I perfectly know about the original Dinosaur planet game. Doesn't prove anything though. Yeah maybe the gameplay is different, but it perfectly fits in the storyline. You can't argue on that since Command butchered the game with its multiple endings. Mario was a sidescroller since it was created and became a 3D plateformer with the N64. Nobody complained though, because it fits storywise. Same with SFA.
Now the question is: have you ever played Star Fox Adventures?

Of course I have played Adventures. I wouldn't be able to have this conversation had I not.

Sure Starfox 64 has elements from other games but that doesn't mean it's a remake. By your logic every game in any series is a remake because they use most of the gameplay elements of its previous game. Which means that all 3D and 2D Mario games are remakes of each other because in all 2D Marios you run and jump and in all 3D Marios you run, jump and collect stars/sprites. Starfox Adventures just isn't what Starfox should have been. I feel like you are trying to defend it for the sole purpose of it being your first game.

Starfox as a series has been neglected and not taken care of in the way it should have. It's gone through an identity crisis, actually still is. It's nothing like it used to have been. And we haven't even seen any game to truly be like the first ones in the series.

Oh and you kind of nullified your point of saying that there couldn't have been a "real Starfox" game seeing as 64 was only the second game. You consider Starfox 2 heavily in your argument, making it sound like you understand that that is a game in the series even though it was never officially released. So Starfox was supposed to be a certain way by the time 64 came out. It would have been the third game in the series. Even though Starfox 2 never got released it was fully completed and it was a true Starfox game.

By the way, I do not hate the Starfox series one bit. I love it unconditionally, so don't think I hate it from how I'm replying. It's one of my favorite game series.

Edited by Tsuchinoko, 22 September 2012 - 09:20 PM.

zZJ9pHB.png

#36 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:49 AM

Of course I have played Adventures. I wouldn't be able to have this conversation had I not.

Sure Starfox 64 has elements from other games but that doesn't mean it's a remake. By your logic every game in any series is a remake because they use most of the gameplay elements of its previous game. Which means that all 3D and 2D Mario games are remakes of each other because in all 2D Marios you run and jump and in all 3D Marios you run, jump and collect stars/sprites. Starfox Adventures just isn't what Starfox should have been. I feel like you are trying to defend it for the sole purpose of it being your first game.

Starfox as a series has been neglected and not taken care of in the way it should have. It's gone through an identity crisis, actually still is. It's nothing like it used to have been. And we haven't even seen any game to truly be like the first ones in the series.

Oh and you kind of nullified your point of saying that there couldn't have been a "real Starfox" game seeing as 64 was only the second game. You consider Starfox 2 heavily in your argument, making it sound like you understand that that is a game in the series even though it was never officially released. So Starfox was supposed to be a certain way by the time 64 came out. It would have been the third game in the series. Even though Starfox 2 never got released it was fully completed and it was a true Starfox game.

By the way, I do not hate the Starfox series one bit. I love it unconditionally, so don't think I hate it from how I'm replying. It's one of my favorite game series.

That's why I said it was arguable. Some may consider that 60% being from the original game, it makes it a remake. I don't know honestly, but let's say it was heavily influenced by the original. (Oh actually don't think I'm being a SFA fanboy. In fact Luigi's Mansion was my first game :P)

Let's do a bit of philosophy. There are two types of gamers: the ones that think that the developers create the beast, then that the beast rules the developers. Then there are those that think that the developers create the beast, then that they still rule the beast. Lemme translate. Some people think that when the developers create a series, they have to make the other games similar to the first one overall, while some other people think that the developers still have full control of their series and that they can do whatever they want with it.
That's where we are different in opinions, 'cause that's it after all, it's a matter of opinions. Oh and I totally agree with you: SF as a series is underrated and left-over. Command didn't help at all. That is the game I felt like it destroyed the series. That's what happens when you make a sequel of a console game on a handheld, like Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass: it feels downscaled as shilamdi.
Oh well it's interesting to have an argument that doesn't end with fanboyism and hate (got used to youtube arguments lol).
Posted Image

#37 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:06 AM

That's why I said it was arguable. Some may consider that 60% being from the original game, it makes it a remake. I don't know honestly, but let's say it was heavily influenced by the original. (Oh actually don't think I'm being a SFA fanboy. In fact Luigi's Mansion was my first game :P)

Let's do a bit of philosophy. There are two types of gamers: the ones that think that the developers create the beast, then that the beast rules the developers. Then there are those that think that the developers create the beast, then that they still rule the beast. Lemme translate. Some people think that when the developers create a series, they have to make the other games similar to the first one overall, while some other people think that the developers still have full control of their series and that they can do whatever they want with it.
That's where we are different in opinions, 'cause that's it after all, it's a matter of opinions. Oh and I totally agree with you: SF as a series is underrated and left-over. Command didn't help at all. That is the game I felt like it destroyed the series. That's what happens when you make a sequel of a console game on a handheld, like Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass: it feels downscaled as shilamdi.
Oh well it's interesting to have an argument that doesn't end with fanboyism and hate (got used to youtube arguments lol).

Luigi's Mansion is a great game.

Me, I'm the type of person who sees it as an in-between of your beast philosophy. I think developers should make games in a series similar to what it was in the beginning, but should always try to add new elements to their games, that way they always feel the same and new at the same time.

I'm sad for the fate Starfox has gotten, it used to be something great, now it's almost nothing. They need to revive it in the right way. To me Command was not a bad game at all, at least to me, I loved it. The multiple endings weren't bad, we just haven't gotten confirmation from Nintendo on which one is the real ending because they haven't made a new game in a while.

Also portable sequels to games are not bad. A lot of times they can be great games too.

Oh and yes it is good to have a debate that doesn't turn into fanboyism.

Edited by Tsuchinoko, 23 September 2012 - 10:06 AM.

zZJ9pHB.png

#38 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

Eh? Nobody has mentioned Timesplitters 2?! the mini games alone would do me
Posted Image

#39 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

Luigi's Mansion is a great game.

Me, I'm the type of person who sees it as an in-between of your beast philosophy. I think developers should make games in a series similar to what it was in the beginning, but should always try to add new elements to their games, that way they always feel the same and new at the same time.

I'm sad for the fate Starfox has gotten, it used to be something great, now it's almost nothing. They need to revive it in the right way. To me Command was not a bad game at all, at least to me, I loved it. The multiple endings weren't bad, we just haven't gotten confirmation from Nintendo on which one is the real ending because they haven't made a new game in a while.

Also portable sequels to games are not bad. A lot of times they can be great games too.

Oh and yes it is good to have a debate that doesn't turn into fanboyism.

I'm actually glad you understood my comparison (I was afraid it wouldn't be clear enough). The problem is: Nintendo, and Shigeru himself unfortunately, are overlooking the series. I think it it's the series that has the most potential along with Zelda.

I think I have a solution for the StarFox problem. I posted a few hours ago a topic called "Ultimate Fantasm Compilation" in which I talk about my idea for a new StarFox (and don't worry it's not like Adventures :P). You should go check it!
Posted Image

#40 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:10 PM

Lol my english is crap to, im glad im not alone. (But i am english so i apoligise if ur not :) anyway gc games that i loved were rouge squadran 2 and need for speed underground (the best looking driving game on any nintendo ever, all chalanges welcome ) with hd upscale which i would love to see.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!