• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 milky105p

milky105p

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:27 AM

Did anyone else catch any articles saying gamepads won't be sold in stores and Nintendo won't sell gamepads but if you break yours you have to pay to fix it? I find that extremely stupid and they said the console can handle two pads even with a fps drop yet they aren't really going to sell them? I understand their side of saving money on non spent units but you should at least be able to order a new gamepad through Nintendo if you choose to want one or another. Thoughts?

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:36 AM

Nintendo will eventually be selling GamePads separately. The thing is, none of the launch games will support dual GamePads, so it would be silly to sell them immediately at launch. (Nintendo will be selling GamePads separately at launch in Japan, but no where else.)

#3 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:39 AM

They are going to sell them in Japan most likely they are going to start buy selling them there and work there way across the pond. They pack one in each system so it could be they'll only have enough for one country to start with so that is understandable.

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:49 AM

Did anyone else catch any articles saying gamepads won't be sold in stores

They're going to start selling extra useless upads in stores mid next year, when they have some games they can pack in with them, that show a use for two upads.
Except in Japan, where they'll start selling them immediately.

Nintendo won't sell gamepads but if you break yours you have to pay to fix it?

You're expecting a 150$ replacement for free?
Obviously if it breaks due to nintendo's own failures, there would be no charge as the wii u system and peripherals come with a warranty covering that.
Accidental, or physical damage on your part is never covered by a warranty.

I find that extremely stupid and they said the console can handle two pads

Yes it can handle two upads, but there will be absolutely no point to buying a second upad without games that take advantage of it.

even with a fps drop yet they aren't really going to sell them?

There is no fps drop.
Just like in split screen games, the framerate adjusts to ensure even play for both players.
The second upad itself doesn't do this, the developer realises that having an even playing field is what people want in a multiplayer environment, except if they're activision and add in helicopters and other stupid carp to their games to unbalance the game.

I understand their side of saving money on non spent units but you should at least be able to order a new gamepad through Nintendo if you choose to want one or another. Thoughts?

Their side is not to save money, it's to focus on making the consoles first, as that's what people want.
If they made second upads while making consoles, their console production would suffer, meaning less being available for launch and the coming months to play single upad games, at the cost of having a few people have their second upad for no reason at all.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:06 AM

All the text that Nollog said above. :|

Posted Image

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#6 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:11 AM

Even though they won't sell it here for a while you may be able to use a game pad from Japan. Not sure if region lock would prevent it considering its hardware and not software, although I don't intend to spend that kind of change on a experiment.

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:17 AM

Even though they won't sell it here for a while you may be able to use a game pad from Japan. Not sure if region lock would prevent it considering its hardware and not software, although I don't intend to spend that kind of change on a experiment.

That should work.
All wiimotes are regionless too, so shouldn't be a problem.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:21 AM

if you break yours you have to pay to fix it?

I thought if you broke anything you normally pay to fix it.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#9 skiesfallsdown

skiesfallsdown

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:09 AM

Just don't drop it or burn it and you won't have have to pay a new one

Edited by skiesfallsdown, 30 September 2012 - 07:09 AM.

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:19 AM

Just don't drop it or burn it and you won't have have to pay a new one

What if it doesn't come with a wrist strap?!
Spoiler

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:41 AM

The reasons they're not selling seperate gamepads.
- No games could handle 2 gamepads.
- They needed the gamepads so they could make more hardware.

#12 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:59 AM

The reasons they're not selling seperate gamepads.
- No games could handle 2 gamepads.
- They needed the gamepads so they could make more hardware.

I think you meant to say no games are supporting 2 Gamepads YET.

Also would you rather have twice as many Gamepads on the market, or twice as many Wii U consoles?
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#13 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:40 AM

Anyway, who really needs two gamepads at the moment?
Posted Image

#14 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:23 AM

the media twisted what nintendo said. nintendo said at launch they will not sell gamepads seperately because launch games don't use two at the same time. the media is making it look like they will never sell them separately which is not true
Posted Image

#15 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

All in good time. Lets start with working toward using 1 gamepad for now. When we need 2, they'll be there.

#16 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

Also would you rather have twice as many Gamepads on the market, or twice as many Wii U consoles?

Twice as many consoles, because people are breaking theyre backs trying to get one.

#17 milky105p

milky105p

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:19 PM

What I should have said was Nintendo said physical damage isn't covered. So what I'm saying is what if you DO drop it on accident, it breaks and nintendo won't sell you another one. So you have to either import a really expensive one online if you can get one, or buy a whole new system set just for the gamepad?

#18 rschauby

rschauby

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:29 AM

I really hope they don't sell additional Gamepads. This system is expensive enough. If game developers start developing around multiple Gamepads, it will drive the cost of ownership up another $200. Just keep multilayer games using the Pro Controller or Wiimote.

#19 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

Originally the system was only planned for one GamePad.

but everyone wanted two.

So the system specs were made more powerful and plans were put into play to offer two.

That took care of the capability aspect.

then there was that meddling problem with Reggie having already sold game developers on assymetric gameply.

there wasn't any turning back by then.

so most if not all launch games won't support it.

Extra gamepads will be available in plenty of time before the games that support them come out.l

#20 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

What I should have said was Nintendo said physical damage isn't covered. So what I'm saying is what if you DO drop it on accident, it breaks and nintendo won't sell you another one. So you have to either import a really expensive one online if you can get one, or buy a whole new system set just for the gamepad?

They will charge you a nominal fee for a replacement, but you will be able to get a replacement from them.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!