#21 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:53 AM

Let me get this straight you have not read the original post or the 3 times since that I have mentioned I wont be cancelling my pre order?Also I will try and make my point again I merely want to know if I need to keep another console to see ALL the games I may want.I bought a wii and after the initial buzz of playing movement related games I regretted it because there was a severe lack of third party support as regards multi platform games.I cannot see what problem some on here have with me mentioning this or daring to ask will the wii u receive the same fate (as regards the third party multi platform support).Some of the replies are bordering on fanboyism,while the loyalty is great maybe your animosity and at times condescending (yes you ccrackat,rschauby?) attitude would be best conserved for someone who hasnt pre ordered the system?I dont know if you all think the wii u should be immune to any form of criticism?Anyway going to ask someone to lock this as along with the opinions I asked for I seem to be getting a lot of attitude for questioning the wii u
Posted Image

#22 Demon

Demon

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:03 AM

Let me get this straight you have not read the original post or the 3 times since that I have mentioned I wont be cancelling my pre order?Also I will try and make my point again I merely want to know if I need to keep another console to see ALL the games I may want.I bought a wii and after the initial buzz of playing movement related games I regretted it because there was a severe lack of third party support as regards multi platform games.I cannot see what problem some on here have with me mentioning this or daring to ask will the wii u receive the same fate (as regards the third party multi platform support).Some of the replies are bordering on fanboyism,while the loyalty is great maybe your animosity and at times condescending (yes you ccrackat,rschauby?) attitude would be best conserved for someone who hasnt pre ordered the system?I dont know if you all think the wii u should be immune to any form of criticism?Anyway going to ask someone to lock this as along with the opinions I asked for I seem to be getting a lot of attitude for questioning the wii u

I am 99% sure that we won't be getting all developers on board with the wii u, i think we will get good third party support if the games sell well but you will still miss out on some ps3/xbox360 games. However Nintendo has some great exclusives so it definitely seems like a system worth owning, but if you have a ps3/xbox360 i would hang onto it as well.

#23 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:13 AM

Thanks for the considered reply I think much the same wiil hold the xbox in case bf4 doesnt visit wii u.Everything else on the list I could probably do without.Its is new tech and I am really keen to see where the gamepad support goes in the games.I just need a change.Have my pre order fully paid off already and really looking forward to 30th november
Posted Image

#24 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

Um. I was actually under the impression many of those games were never actually confirmed so I'm not too worried that a lot of unconfirmed games arent coming. especially when it hopefully means they are instead focusing on putting their sequels on the platform :P

#25 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:22 AM

Yeah I know the op also say that maybe it is reasonable to expect some of those titles on a new console ?Just an observation that a lot of the multiplatform big titles may not be making their way to the wii u in 2013.Well aware that nintendo have tricks up their sleeve.Now comfortable with keeping the xbox for probably just battlefield 4.Wondering if many other wii u buyers are keeping other consoles as well?
Posted Image

#26 Demon

Demon

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

Thanks for the considered reply I think much the same wiil hold the xbox in case bf4 doesnt visit wii u.Everything else on the list I could probably do without.Its is new tech and I am really keen to see where the gamepad support goes in the games.I just need a change.Have my pre order fully paid off already and really looking forward to 30th november

I agree, i really enjoyed my ps3 but it is now filled with fps and hack/slash games, i would like more unique games which is why i am going to get a wii u. The launch window already looks promising and Nintendo has said that there are more games in development to be released within the launch window which makes me even more excited. .

#27 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

Don't take it personally man. I have gotten the same flaming on here for no good reason. Here is how I look at it, and of course it is subject to change after I see how things shake out. I have always bought my Nintendo consoles for their first party offerings with little or no expectation of a strong third party showing. This time around I was really shocked to see a few mature titles like Mass Effect, Zombi U, Batman, and AC III on the launch list. That ias actually like gravy for me for a Nintendo console, but if I was only going to buy one next gen console, and I was wanting to get all the big third party offerings I would pass on the Wii U based on my past experience with Nintendo.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#28 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

Don't take it personally man. I have gotten the same flaming on here for no good reason. Here is how I look at it, and of course it is subject to change after I see how things shake out. I have always bought my Nintendo consoles for their first party offerings with little or no expectation of a strong third party showing. This time around I was really shocked to see a few mature titles like Mass Effect, Zombi U, Batman, and AC III on the launch list. That ias actually like gravy for me for a Nintendo console, but if I was only going to buy one next gen console, and I was wanting to get all the big third party offerings I would pass on the Wii U based on my past experience with Nintendo.

And that's why Nintendo developed the wii u with next gen power, signed up an enormous amount of developers (and continues to), and why they have revamped their corporate policy concerning competing with third parties.

The gcn/wii third party situation is history.
This will be the snes era all over again.

#29 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

HEY they're "focusing on the PC version of Ghost Recon Online" (which is absolutely amazing). It's still being developed, but at a slower pace...

And that's why Nintendo developed the wii u with next gen power, signed up an enormous amount of developers (and continues to), and why they have revamped their corporate policy concerning competing with third parties.

Yeah it's gonna be the dawn of a new day! (insert echo here)
Posted Image

#30 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

Metro isn;t cancelled yet and Battlefield 3 ifn't being ported because they're developing Battlefield 4 for the Wii U. I read that somewhere...

#31 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:21 AM

I certainly hope you are right, and it really does look a whole lot more promising than when the GCN and Wii were released. I could probably never skip the next gen Playstation because there are just too many Sony exclusives that I love, but I would not mind kicking the next gen Xbox to the curb.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#32 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:00 AM

I am sort of with you on that the whole reason I am so interested in what games are and are not coming is I intended the wii u to replace the 360 in my house.Doesnt matter that I will hold onto it now it wont affect me getting the wii u.At least it looks a lot better for mature games so far than the original wii
Posted Image

#33 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

I am sort of with you on that the whole reason I am so interested in what games are and are not coming is I intended the wii u to replace the 360 in my house.Doesnt matter that I will hold onto it now it wont affect me getting the wii u.At least it looks a lot better for mature games so far than the original wii

Yeah for me the 360 is just a Halo Box. With the new Halo coming out in a month it is going to be a long long time before MS has an exclusive that I'm interested in.

Wii U ID------BeMore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!