#1 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

Hi all, I was just wondering how people feel about the number of games that seem to be either cancelled completely or dead in the water .Also listing games that I fell it would have been fair to expect on a new top drawer console

Battlefield 3 (EA)
Metro: last light (THQ)
Medal of honor warfighter (EA)
Ghost recon online (Ubisoft)
Resident evil 6 (Capcom)
Far cry 3 (Ubisoft)
Crysis 3 (EA)
Dead space 3 (EA)
Bioshock infinite (Irrational)
Mass effect trilogy (EA)
Need for speed most wanted 2 (EA)
Borderlands 2 (2k)

Now Im not looking flamed and Im not all doom and gloom about it as there are a good few exclusives and most of what I need will be catered for.However I am starting to become concerned about how many of the games listed will be triple a titles.Also does this list show that its mostly american publishers studios that arent extending the wii u the same courtesy as the ps3 and 360?Let me know what you think and if this list causes any concern or not!
Posted Image

#2 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

These games are getting cancelled? Hell, I wasn't even aware that the WiiU was getting Resident Evil 6. When was that happening?
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

BF3 would be silly.
THQ are almost dead.
Ghost Recon is still coming, why you list that?
Mass effect trilogy might come later.

too lazy to give my thoughts on each title.

Edited by Nollog, 01 October 2012 - 12:35 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

Out of all of those, I only want a few of those. Look how longit took for BioShock to come to PS3.

I'm calm. Are you?

#5 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

ITS EA
Posted Image

#6 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

@tsuchinko if you look at all the post I also said that I was listing games that I think it would be reasonable to expect on a new top level console.
@Nollog http://uk.ign.com/ar...-hold-for-wii-u because of this.Also bf3 just released premium version is it not reasonable to expect a port?I would feel better about seeing bf4 if bf3 was ported
@Nintendustin glad your not really missing anything but Im more trying to gauge how people feel about the possible non appearance of all or the best part of thhe list on wii u

Edited by scotty79, 01 October 2012 - 12:41 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

This is actually a reason why I thought about cancelling
Posted Image

#8 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

well I am definetely not cancelling enough to keep me interested I just worry that this was the same sort of list I could have made the year the wii was released for it.Yes I know it sold well and wiimote etc but for me it wasnt my best buy ever.I had hoped the wii u would be a straight replacemnt for the xbox360 in my house
Posted Image

#9 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

@tsuchinko if you look at all the post I also said that I was listing games that I think it would be reasonable to expect on a new top level console.

Oh, okay. You should have made two lists to avoid confusion. Seems silly to put them both in one list is all.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#10 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

Will do as I do more research just trying to get/give a general picture of which titles may well be missing
Posted Image

#11 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

dont expect to have ALL current-gen games right now if i have to worrie it will be for the next gen games, anyways we have to buy hardcore on the wii u to convince developers : p

also reggie said we will have third partie suport for a long long time, if you want those game on your list play on pc or another console

edit: But as you can see, most of the titles are from EA, they only like to make money, and a nintendo console + new release is not the best panorama for them lol, its more likely they will jump into the wii u when we have more install base

even borderlands 2 was debated to port it to the wii u and metro last light confirmed the wii u version in first place but then they retracted of that decision because they think its "risky" and dont know the hardware at this point, but more will come

in Feb aliens colonial marines will release, its another title i want at 100% for the wii u

the only game i really want so bad from this gen is GTA 5 because its a very known and important title that can attract to the wii u lots of people and label it as a defined "hardcore" console but the chances to be released in the wii u atm are... low

Edited by Stormage09, 01 October 2012 - 01:16 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

if you find this worrying then i have no clue how on earth you weren't worried about every console launch in history XP have you never followed a console launch before in your life? incase you haven't i'll explain. launches are the point when the system has 0 install base so obviously devs are weary. usually (go research past system launch games) systems get really crappy launches with one to 4 good games maximum. at launch u count how many games are coming, not the ones that aren't. the launch lineup for wii u is better than any console before, its better than the ps3 and 360. by that logic the wii u should get even better third party support than both those systems down the line (that's extremely difficult to do so expect the same amount of support). go research past launches please
Posted Image

#13 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

I don't care that these games aren't coming right now, they are last generation games. All the will do is make peopl think wii u is just a ps360 . I want new games and new sequels for it, not games I have already played on my ps360.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#14 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

I am well familiar with past launches and what games they have or havent had.Primarily first party support at launch has been the traditional approach.However this being 2012 things have changed somewhat and a lot of the big games are multiplatform and third party.My post is based on this shift of importance of the third party.Based on some of the games that havent been announced by publishers who are not poor enough to plead wait and see on the only new console since the wii is a concern.I think the point is that if this was a microsoft u box or a psu?then the third party support would be more confident.It seems the wii u will pay the price of the original wiis image of being for the "casual"(sorry) gamers along with the wii fit crowd and such.

Edited by scotty79, 01 October 2012 - 01:32 PM.

Posted Image

#15 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

Most of those were only rumored to be coming anyways..some were never rumored..where on earth did you get this list from...in a dream?
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#16 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

Battlefield 3 (EA) Never officially confirmed
Metro: last light (THQ) Too much effort for THA / Not enough money to port
Medal of honor warfighter (EA)- Only speculation
Ghost recon online (Ubisoft) Too much effort
Resident evil 6 (Capcom) ehh
Far cry 3 (Ubisoft) never confirmed just speculated based on gamers opinions
Crysis 3 (EA) nah, just wait for Crysis 4
Dead space 3 (EA) meh
Bioshock infinite (Irrational) maybe later if we're lucky
Mass effect trilogy (EA) EA hates life
Need for speed most wanted 2 (EA) probably
Borderlands 2 (2k) could be?
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#17 Demon

Demon

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

I am hoping that we still get Metro, Bioshock and Borderlands.

#18 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:33 AM

Well as an owner of a ps3 and 360 already I'm not too bothered about lack of multiformat titles. I want a wii u mainly for NIntendo games and any multiformat games that are either better or cheaper on wii u. I realise its an issue for people who only have one home console at a time and want access to the latest games but then they maybe they should re-consider the wii u which is likely to have amazing nintendo games but only a subset of multiformat releases.

#19 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:16 AM

I'm a bit taken aback by some of the more zealous replies on here.I understand that a lot of of you know what to expect with this console(first party Nintendo titles with some but not all third party support).Im totally ok with the Wii U as it is and with the current crop of announced games.However what I am trying to work out is whether the Wii U is an Xbox 360 replacement et al or another console with a unique feature set granted,that is not going to see all multiplatform games.This is fine but I just wanted to know what console I am buying and what it isn't before I buy.Im sure there must be others here with a similar interest in this.
Posted Image

#20 rschauby

rschauby

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:21 AM

Let me get this straight. You are thinking of canceling your order for a next-gen console because it is not releasing last-gen games...

Just keep your Xbox.

I don't want ports of tired and burnt out IP's designed for 8 year old hardware showing up on my brand new machine.

Let me get this straight. You are thinking of canceling your order for a next-gen console because it is not releasing last-gen games...

Just keep your Xbox.

I don't want ports of tired and burnt out IP's designed for 8 year old hardware showing up on my brand new machine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!