#21 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Did you read the wikipedia entry I posted? It said 600p, and even if it's 640p, that still does not change the fact that these games are running in less than HD resolution.

edit: It's 640p on PS3 https://www.google.c...iw=1360&bih=624

But don't take my word for it, just google Call of Duty PS3 sub HD.

Google is your friend.

--Not gonna argue with you.

Really. There are 5 resolutions that are used that utilize progressive scan. 240p, 360p, 480p, 720p, and 1080p. Call of Duty runs at 1080p on the 360 and PS3. Look on the box. The box for the 360 version of Black Opps says 1080p, as does the PS3 version of MW3. If you are going to state things make them correct. That is all I ask. Don't make things up, just for the sake of making things up. Yes. The game does output in 640p, but if you read the articles the console does some up scaling which makes it into a useable resolution, because nothing can interpret that. So in the end the game comes out of the PS3 in 720p/1080p,and that is the argument. The game is being displayed in HD regardless of what the actual initial resolution is.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#22 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

What am I chopped liver?! Lol jk
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#23 Mignaga

Mignaga

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

How is that trolling? wtf?

He wasn't trolling. As I stated, I mixed him up with the other guy, who I thought was trying to continue his argument.

he isn't trolling, he's just stating something that is true.

It is half true. If he wants to explain something, I'm all for it, but he needs to explain it right. The guy I quoted was saying it right, but like I said I mixed him up with the other guy.

Well, I guess since he has no comebacks and knows he is wrong he come with some bullcrap like saying facts is trolling. Or maybe he is trolling.

I proved him wrong. I didn't solely rely on saying that he was trolling.

i know nothing about framerate or resolutoon( other than what is good and what is not) but what he said just sounded good so I went with it... I really need to take a computers class or something.

It is actually pretty easy to learn. I recommend looking into it, as it will help a lot when talking about HD TVs. :)

Mig_Sig.png

#24 parallaxscroll

parallaxscroll

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

Really. There are 5 resolutions that are used that utilize progressive scan. 240p, 360p, 480p, 720p, and 1080p. Call of Duty runs at 1080p on the 360 and PS3. Look on the box. The box for the 360 version of Black Opps says 1080p, as does the PS3 version of MW3. If you are going to state things make them correct. That is all I ask. Don't make things up, just for the sake of making things up. Yes. The game does output in 640p, but if you read the articles the console does some up scaling which makes it into a useable resolution, because nothing can interpret that. So in the end the game comes out of the PS3 in 720p/1080p,and that is the argument. The game is being displayed in HD regardless of what the actual initial resolution is.

Okay I agree the game DOES do upscaling, and therefore it is HD, my point was the native resolution is not HD. So we can agree, I think!

#25 Mignaga

Mignaga

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

Okay I agree the game DOES do upscaling, and therefore it is HD, my point was the native resolution is not HD. So we can agree, I think!

Yeah, I guess we can say we are both correct.
(Sorry for getting angry, I'm just a moron so ignore me. Lol.)

Mig_Sig.png

#26 Jerry

Jerry

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

So the same example could be said that if I put a dvd into my bluray player and it "upscales" it to HD 1080p (which it does)......it would look as good as a TRUE HD bluray movie? ...... yeah okay. Not even close because there is a BIG difference. Your xbox and ps3 is doing the same thing with the game resolution. Get up close on your tv with a game running.....its extremely blurry.....because it being "upscaled". Now try that with a source that is true HD....not blurry. The next gen concoles will have true HD gaming something that most current gen games can't pull off. If I'm not mistaken there are a couple of games that run 720P.

#27 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

He wasn't trolling. As I stated, I mixed him up with the other guy, who I thought was trying to continue his argument.

It is half true. If he wants to explain something, I'm all for it, but he needs to explain it right. The guy I quoted was saying it right, but like I said I mixed him up with the other guy.

I proved him wrong. I didn't solely rely on saying that he was trolling.

It is actually pretty easy to learn. I recommend looking into it, as it will help a lot when talking about HD TVs. :)

i understand what each is and how it affects visuals, just not the entire way it wotks and how if one goes up the other always seems to go down.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#28 Mignaga

Mignaga

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

So the same example could be said that if I put a dvd into my bluray player and it "upscales" it to HD 1080p (which it does)......it would look as good as a TRUE HD bluray movie? ...... yeah okay. Not even close because there is a BIG difference. Your xbox and ps3 is doing the same thing with the game resolution. Get up close on your tv with a game running.....its extremely blurry.....because it being "upscaled". Now try that with a source that is true HD....not blurry. The next gen concoles will have true HD gaming something that most current gen games can't pull off. If I'm not mistaken there are a couple of games that run 720P.

It's running in HD. That is what the argument was about, not whether or not it looked good in HD.
BTW DVD's look great in a Blu Ray player. Not as good as Blu Rays, but still really good. Not blurry at all in my experience.

Mig_Sig.png

#29 parallaxscroll

parallaxscroll

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

Yeah, I guess we can say we are both correct.
(Sorry for getting angry, I'm just a moron so ignore me. Lol.)

Heh, that's okay, I get angry and can be a moron too sometimes, lmao

#30 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:40 AM

It's running in HD. That is what the argument was about, not whether or not it looked good in HD.
BTW DVD's look great in a Blu Ray player. Not as good as Blu Rays, but still really good. Not blurry at all in my experience.

Its not running in hd. Its just outputting in hd.

Gigantic difference.

Its not rendering in 1080p its rendering in 640, and then blowing the image up to fill a 1080p screen.

Anyone who makes the point the game is being rendered sub hd, already knows its upscaled to 1080p so you arent playing in a tiny window a quarter of your screens size, and they already know it says OUTPUT 1080p, which is meaningless marketing bs because what matters is what its rendered at, what the NATIVE output of the image is.

COD ps3's native output is a 640 image. The image is then blown up using an upscaling algorythm, and the resulting 1080p image is sent to the tv.

Everyone you are responding too already knows EXACTLY what you have been trying to say before you ever posted. They also know its completely irrelevent to the point they made.

Personally, once its past 480, i dont give a rats patootie. Then again, ive been gaming since resolutions were sub the resolution of an old cathode screen.

But you want people to talk about facts kid? Here they are. Practice what you preach.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#31 Mignaga

Mignaga

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

1. Its not running in hd. Its just outputting in hd.

Gigantic difference.

2. Everyone you are responding too already knows EXACTLY what you have been trying to say before you ever posted. They also know its completely irrelevent to the point they made.

But you want people to talk about facts kid? Here they are. Practice what you preach.

1. Once again, that wasn't what the argument was about.
2. If everyone already knew what I was pointing out, then how could it be false?

Mig_Sig.png

#32 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:24 AM

1. Once again, that wasn't what the argument was about.
2. If everyone already knew what I was pointing out, then how could it be false?

You can answer your number 2 with your number 1.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#33 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:56 AM

PS3 native resolution is generally quite low like 640p for very intense games but the cell is often used to upscale to 720p or 1080p. The PS3 has the advantage over the 360 that it has 256megabytes of dedicated video memory so certain games that run at 1080p like Wipeout are easier to achieve than true 1080p on the 360 which only has 10 megabytes of very fast video memory.

All 360s have a built in hardware upscaler chip so whatever the resolution the 360 can upscale or downscale the resolution without burdening the gpu or cpu. Every game on the 360 can be output at 1080p but native 1080p support is mainly limited to 2D games.

wii u has a more advanced amd gpu that will have a more advanced upscaler chip built in than 360 so the wii u will be able to do 1080p for every game but native resolution support may not be available for every game. The wii u has superior anti-aliasing so even using the upscaling features should produce better results.

With regard frame rates 720p has a 60hz frame rate so 60 frames are displayed but whether a console can create 60 unique frames is the question. Many games only create 30 unique frames but are shown twice.

The wii u should be capable of a 1080p game with 60 unique frames due to the graphics hardware but this is likely 2D games at least at the beginning.

As it stands we don't know the real capability of the wii u but the fact it has 32MB of very fast embedded video memory shows it will be far easier to do true 1080p on wii u than the other 2 consoles.

#34 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:41 AM

(Woops mixed you two up because of the whole not having an avatar thing. I'm too lazy to erase all that, so the other guy, just read this.)
Ok,
1. You are really bad at trolling.
2. If this is all you are going to do here, just leave, because the general intelligence of people here is above the I.Q. 25, and not stupid enough to fall for this kind of thing.
3. Have a nice day, close the door as you leave.

Is there a reason you're insulting her?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#35 Mignaga

Mignaga

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:14 AM

Is there a reason you're insulting her?

I mixed the two people up, and I really did that they were trolling, because I mixed them up.

Mig_Sig.png

#36 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:51 AM

Not really a reason to insult them.
If you think they're trolling, step back and think if you just think that because they disagree with you, or is it a valid complaint, then report them.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!