• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 derk2468

derk2468

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

Long time lurker, first time poster. Love the forum, only site I visit daily. 44 days left guys(:

But well I've thought of the crazy idea recently and wanted all your guys opinions on it.

Well thankfully I was able to preorder a white Wii U on the last day the preorders were available at Bestbuy. But I'm sure like many in my position I've been thinking daily how I could still possibly get my hands on the elusive deluxe bundle. Greedy, I know sue me :P

I've simply been wondering if it is possible, in theory if say I got to my Bestbuy the second it opened and was able to get a deluxe bundle off of the shelf/floor. Surely its mandatory to have at least one of each bundles for sale not preordered right? Think I could grab that and my games or my games preordered at the counter and when I get home cancel the preorders I didn't need?

Basically the question being Bestbuy doesn't charge my card for the preorder until I pick it up correct? It hasn't yet. And a miracle by god willing I could still get me a deluxe bundle? Because personally at my Bestbuy in NY like with my 3DS my preorders were behind the help counter and were untouchable unless by me and permanently set in stone.

A young man's dream and a miracle from god, is a switch-a-roo possible? I am not above beating an old lady with stick for the deluxe(; haha. Happy waiting guys and thanks for all the fun at these awesome forums(:

#2 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

Well you could become Sly Cooper, but since that chain of events is unlikely you will probably have to go the Kratos route, and pull the Chains of Olympus on these guys.

Why am I using Sony characters to solve a Nintendo related problem?
Posted Image

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#3 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

Sounds plausible, as long as they dont charge your credit card before you get the deluxe version.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#4 derk2468

derk2468

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

So basically if I could destroy all in my path I could pull this off easily? I like it. I'll do it(: lmao. I mean when I got my 3DS there was only like 10 people outside at 11 AM on I believe a Sunday also? I wasn't on the track team but I am a former high school athlete. I like my odds when it comes to speed here :P haha

#5 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

So basically if I could destroy all in my path I could pull this off easily? I like it. I'll do it(: lmao. I mean when I got my 3DS there was only like 10 people outside at 11 AM on I believe a Sunday also? I wasn't on the track team but I am a former high school athlete. I like my odds when it comes to speed here :P haha

Yeah leave everything like this.
Posted Image

Now you are probably wondering why I posted a picture of a cat. Well when I type in Kratos Destruction into Google, that pops up. I figured it was relevant.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#6 derk2468

derk2468

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

I hope not! There would go my bank account 100% -_- funny story though? At this same Bestbuy I preordered my 3DS and 4 games with it. A few weeks after I had it, Bestbuy due to a glitch they refunded my bank account for all 4 of the games I bought! So no offense to you fellows. But I feel like the Nintendo gods have been on my side my whole life! Parents were able to get the N64, GameCube, DS and Wii for Christmas, birthday, Christmas and Christmas again for me due to the always high demand and usual shortages(; perhaps I am the chosen one the prophecy had foretold about?! :o xD hahaha

Despite* ^^^ xD hahahahaha that is beautiful sir

#7 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

^^^ Give it a go anyway, Even if for some reason you cant cancel your pre-order or they take the money out, Just sell the basic one that day to someone waiting for it. I highly suggest you don't profiteer though, Sell it for what it cost.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#8 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

You'd probably have to camp out for at least several hours to ensure you're (one of the) first to ask for a non-preordered console. But yeah it's possible.
Posted Image

#9 derk2468

derk2468

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

Ohhhh hell yea, I'd probably even undersell it slightly. I do have a soul here haha. Hey if I can't, it is noooo big deal to me. But if this Bestbuy perhaps soldout to all the diehard day one adopters, or people come for just the basic, or folks went to any of the many surrounding stores, or Wii U word hasn't gotten out enough here or even traffic holds people up enough to not get there at 11 on the dot because it is on the biggest strip and boulevard this side of the state. So there's just a lot more working for me then against me I think in this hypothetical here. I was shocked how few people were waiting out for the 3DS when it came out. Yea, yea portable vs. home system, still. I wasn't gonna get there til 11 because of my preorder, but now I might camp out for at least honor to test this plan out and cause of my general impatience ^.^ haha

To only*

An hour**

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:52 AM

Well you could become Sly Cooper, but since that chain of events is unlikely you will probably have to go the Kratos route, and pull the Chains of Olympus on these guys.

Posted Image

Because sce is @&/ing awesome.

He could also go the alundra route, and walk the dreams of someone dreaming about the wii u, and take it, and when he wakes up hell be holding a wii u.

Or the dark cloud route, and create a world where he already owns a wii u.

Posted Image

Because sce is @&/ing awesome.

He could also go the alundra route, and walk the dreams of someone dreaming about the wii u, and take it, and when he wakes up hell be holding a wii u.

Or the dark cloud route, and create a world where he already owns a wii u.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#11 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:17 AM

No.
A sold out is a sold out. Now 2days later you can pick up the system that someone had preorder and didnt pick up.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#12 derk2468

derk2468

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:16 AM

^.... I'll just see how it goes. Just pushing my luck and the limits here lol. Regardless the 18th I'll be going home with U regardless and I'm happy ^.^

#13 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:43 AM

A few different scenarios could take place for you:

1) Keep checking every few days if they have any pre-orders open for the Deluxe Bundle, because chances are people might cancel theirs or better yet the store is given more stock.

-or-

2) In almost every store that accepts pre-orders, they let you cancel even if it's the day of launch. Simply cancel your Basic Bundle when you go up to pay for the Deluxe that you were so lucky to find.

-if not-

3) If option 2 doesn't work, as in they won't let you cancel it that late (which I seriously doubt) simply buy the Basic Bundle and return it right after. Get your money back and then pay for the Deluxe that you calmly yet ferociously kept in your grasp the entire time.

Of course the last two options only work if you are lucky to find a Deluxe on the shelf that day. In my experience at Best Buy midnight or early morning launch events, they will have all the pre-order units near the front of the store so everyone waiting in line can enter the store and simply walk up to the register to pay without having to walk around. Sometimes an hour or so before the store opens, one of the managers might come out and bring glad tidings saying there are extra Deluxe or Basic units in case anyone waiting in line wasn't lucky enough to secure a pre-order. So the closer you are to the front of the line the better. If all else fails, it might help if you bring a buddy or someone that can help you find one on the shelf in a swift yet orderly fashion.

Edited by Spleenzorio, 04 October 2012 - 07:44 AM.

Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#14 derk2468

derk2468

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:14 AM

^Finally someone with a gameplan! I like it, all sound like great ideas. Can't wait to the 18th(:

#15 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

42 days..... I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!!!!!

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#16 Oblivion165

Oblivion165

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

Might have been said already but BestBuy DOES charge your card right away. (Got mine from there)

#17 derk2468

derk2468

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

Right away on launch day? Causeeee I'm yet to be charged man. It showed up and is pending, but the money hasn't been taken out yet. Not until I get it, same as my 3DS....??

#18 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:53 AM

That's possible. Oh and welcome to the community!
Posted Image

#19 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:32 AM

If you get there the second they open you'll be pretty disappointed if you think you're going to find one for sale on the shelf. You probably need to get there 12 hours before they open.

#20 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

You'll be able to change your preorder fine, because what they would do, is refund you 'store credit' (that's what these companies do nowadays because of the recession, and they don't want to lose out on money) and then you use the store credit against another preorder.
Obviously you do this all within a few minutes, but that is basically the process 'slowed down' :P

Don't wait until the day though, as they'll probably get funny with you.
Go do it this week or something if you're passing (I don't know how local you are to the store) and just say you've changed your mind, and want the Black version to go with your brand new TV unit or something. Just blag it ;)
If they've run out of Black versions to preorder, well then, you're probably out of luck.

Edited by x-SourApple-x, 08 October 2012 - 09:32 AM.

http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!