Photo

Zombi U bundle DOES NOT come with Nintendo Land (UK bundle)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
83 replies to this topic

#41 Demon

Demon

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:25 AM

Well I didn't know, and I've been keeping up with Wii U news every day since release, as well as a good friend of mine, it's all we talk about lately, so everyone can't have known about this as soon as the news was released, especially parents who know nothing about gaming, and have bought their kids a Wii U for Christmas, having no idea about what they're buying.

Like i said before, go into the shop and explain your situation and what you've been told by them, they should either fully refund you or give you nintendo land for free. But if you did watch the nintendo direct that announced the different bundles, it was quite obvious that zombiu was replacing nintendo land.

#42 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

http://www.youtube.c...O8YI3okE#t=188s

So this is the video in the Nintendo Direct. I've paused it at the moment he mentions the ZombiU Bundle. He clearly states a black console with a pro controller (and it's implied that the game is ZombiU).

I feel as though that if it was implied that Nintendoland was included, it would've been mentioned as well.

Edited by Auzzie Wingman, 07 October 2012 - 05:28 AM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#43 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:28 AM

It's the only thing I can hope on, is to hope that they either give me Nintendo Land for free, or some kind of discount on Nintendo Land or the bundle.

I'm not too bothered about the money or anything to be honest, I have the money and more, it was the fact that I was misinformed, that is what is bothering me.

I'm over it now anyway. If people knew, then I can't complain much about it, but I assumed no-one really knew, going by the Amazon UK forums and such.
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#44 Demon

Demon

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:30 AM

So this is the video in the Nintendo Direct. I've paused it at the moment he mentions the ZombiU Bundle. He clearly states a black console with a pro controller (and it's implied that the game is ZombiU).

I feel as though that if it was implied that Nintendoland was included, it would've been mentioned as well.

it definitely would have been mentioned if it was included, and bundling the two games together would be strange to begin with.

#45 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:30 AM

Maybe he should have said "instead of Nintendo Land, you will get Zombi U and extra Pro Controller". Even if he wasn't giving much on the price, at least people would've been better informed about the product they were getting :P

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#46 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:35 AM

You never get anything on time with Zavvi though. They basically send everything out like 2nd class post, and send out on the day of release, rather than beforehand so it gets to you on the day of release.

Preordered with them before, took 10 days to get to me.

damn thats late!! i didn't know they screw up like this sometimes, i got Kid Icarus on launch day from them. i guess either i got lucky then, or you got unlucky with ur purchase. oh well i'm happy i at least save money
Posted Image

#47 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:38 AM

I'm unlucky with everything I think xD

#48 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:39 AM

I think he was being direct enough.

The package includes a console (which would mean the actual console, wiring, Gamepad), a pro controller and it was implied ZombiU, seeing as the last 3 minutes before that was all about it.

AuzzieWingman.png

#49 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:39 AM

The premium bundle is not the zombi u bundle, why on earth would you think it would include everything in the premium bundle when that isn't the same bundle. It's common sense that they aren't going to be giving you nintendo land for free, and like someone already mentioned in this thread, it doesn't cost £50 more, seems like you should do more research before buying anything.

To be fair on the OP GAME did actually indicate initially that the Zombi U bundle did include Nintendoland. It's only recently they corrected their error.

#50 Demon

Demon

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:41 AM

Zavvi ships items when they get it in stock, sometimes they get items on release day so you will obviously get it later than the release date. Also their pricing is pretty good, so i would happily wait a bit longer to get a game with a discounted price, if you want a game the second it releases then it is smarter to buy it from a local shop.

#51 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:41 AM

What?

Oh yeah and be out of pocket by £20 when I can't get a refund on deposits, good one.

Argos basically don't do refunds/replacements on console electronics, once the seal is void. They are absolutely awful.

Where does it indicate GAME doesn't refund deposits. They should and have to refund them if you change your mind. I've been told they will and in fact I have already cancelled the £20 deposit I paid on their online site initially.

#52 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:44 AM

Look, bottom line, this is a failure on GAME, Nintendo and Ubisoft's part. GAME may have advertised misinformation, but as the ZombiU bundle is a bundle created by Nintendo and Ubisoft, they are also responsible for making sure retailers get it right. As it's amended, well you can just go ahead, complain at the employees and sort it out.

AuzzieWingman.png

#53 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:45 AM

If it's old news, why are there many people on other websites who never even heard of this?

You're the only person I've come across who doesn't know about this, this has been long since been discussed on several forums and I'm sure everyone is aware of what is included.

#54 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:46 AM

You're the only person I've come across who doesn't know about this, this has been long since been discussed on several forums and I'm sure everyone is aware of what is included.

Yeah, I couldn't shake the feeling a topic was made recently in regards to this. Had a look, couldn't find it.

AuzzieWingman.png

#55 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:48 AM

I believe that it was up for preorder after it was announced on the nintendo direct live broadcast, and i agree that when nintendo revealed the bundle that it was quite obvious that it was replacing nintendo land.

No it wasn't obvious that it was replacing Nintendoland.

#56 Demon

Demon

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:50 AM

when they were telling us what the zombiu bundle came with they never said that Nintendo land was included, it's not Nintendo's fault that people can't watch a simple nintendo direct that clearly outlines what each bundle comes with.

#57 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:51 AM

True, but when you watch the presentation, it doesn't really scream "Nintendoland and ZombiU".

At least, I didn't feel that was the case from watching it.

AuzzieWingman.png

#58 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:57 AM

True, but when you watch the presentation, it doesn't really scream "Nintendoland and ZombiU".

At least, I didn't feel that was the case from watching it.

True but Nintendo could have made it more clear plus GAME was guilty of listing it initially for a while with Nintendoland included. That said the OP is making a much bigger deal of it then necessary. It's not the first time wrong information has been given in retail and it won't be the last. Plus personally I would never believe anything told to me by a retail sales assistant or a retail customer service rep.

#59 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

What a con!

If you've preordered the Zombi U bundle, you won't get Nintendo Land! I'm so peeved off!

You could have a case with game if you can show them a screenshot of them promising nintendoland.
Best you'll get out of them is probably a discount code though realisticly.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#60 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

Well I didn't know, and I've been keeping up with Wii U news every day since release, as well as a good friend of mine, it's all we talk about lately, so everyone can't have known about this as soon as the news was released, especially parents who know nothing about gaming, and have bought their kids a Wii U for Christmas, having no idea about what they're buying.

It's because you don't research enough.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!