• Please log in to reply
352 replies to this topic

#241 wezbloke

wezbloke

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

This along with the blops 2 dlc fiasco is seriously putting me off my wii u long term.This is depressing for a machine I laid out close to 400 notes for recently.Gearbox praised and praised the wii u then farm out the port?!!!Mixed signals wouldnt even be in it.

Couldn't agree more. The lack of games is a disgrace. I really hope it's not a sign that the WiiU is doomed before it's even got going? America and Japan have the TVii service to fall back on, as usual Europe is left out in the cold :angry:

Feel free to add me:
NNID - wezbloke
PSN - wezbloke
XBL - wezbloke

#242 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

This along with the blops 2 dlc fiasco is seriously putting me off my wii u long term.This is depressing for a machine I laid out close to 400 notes for recently.Gearbox praised and praised the wii u then farm out the port?!!!Mixed signals wouldnt even be in it.

Not necessarily, just like hiring another company to port to pc is often the optimal way to handle things. The lack of info however is disturbing and making me glad I opted to get this on pc (also as I was able to get it for $20). :D

#243 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Maybe the PC port to WiiU is left to the other dev because its a task thats pretty straightforward. While the ps3 and 360 need heavy encoding and rescripting. So this could be good news too.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#244 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Maybe the PC port to WiiU is left to the other dev because its a task thats pretty straightforward. While the ps3 and 360 need heavy encoding and rescripting. So this could be good news too.

Also they may be using a company that has more knowledge with the wiiU and more time/emoployees they can dedicate to the port. Often ports are the best version even when handled this way (Transformers Fall of Cybertron comes straight to mind).

#245 Peladex

Peladex

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Wind Waker

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Its not 100% confirmed but likely to be February 12th which is the same date as the other versions.

i just red that sega delayed the wii u version of this game. it seems we`ll have to wait a little longer.

if someone could confirm this.

video-fox-135440.jpg

#246 Peladex

Peladex

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Wind Waker

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

The game is coming out before March 29th Nintendo confirmed this.

I jsut red this from another webpage "We asked Sega what was going on. The publisher told us the Wii U version is due out in the Wii U launch window which, technically, runs up to the end of March 2013.

Sega reiterated it had never announced the Tuesday, 12th February date for Wii U. That worldwide date only ever applied on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360."

it seems the pc, ps3 and xbox versions are coming out earlier.

Edited by Peladex, 21 January 2013 - 06:32 PM.

video-fox-135440.jpg

#247 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

hmmm I still dont like it,all the praise of wii u was from gearbox yet they opt to not do the version they talked up?Also later than the other versions and people here still think the wii u version a priority?I think not will wait on this and reviews first so as to be fair.This combined with the blops 2 dlc drama and the apparent non will of ea to port anything much to wii u is very very worrying
Posted Image

#248 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

hmmm I still dont like it,all the praise of wii u was from gearbox yet they opt to not do the version they talked up?Also later than the other versions and people here still think the wii u version a priority?I think not will wait on this and reviews first so as to be fair.This combined with the blops 2 dlc drama and the apparent non will of ea to port anything much to wii u is very very worrying

Since when have they decided not to do the version they as you say talked up ? Also where did it say they were giving priority to the Wii U version. I don't recall reading about either of those two things. Not to mention Sega and Gearbox have never announced a release date for the Wii U version and retailers obviously just presumed it was the same as the other versions. I think you and others need to get a grip on the situation.

#249 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

i just red that sega delayed the wii u version of this game. it seems we`ll have to wait a little longer.

if someone could confirm this.

I don't think it's been delayed. Rather that Sega has never actually confirmed the release date. I was going by the fact that pretty much all retailers had February 12th. It should hopefully be out before the end of March.

#250 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

OK heres the talk up
http://www.eurogamer...ore-modern-tech
heres the news about release date and demurge studios handling the port
http://www.eurogamer...-later-on-wii-u

Also if you read properly I said that the wii u version didnt seem to be A priority not THE priority.Im sorry but you are trying to tell me a later released version not handled in house is A priority?Absolute rubbish and if the fanboy within you lets you have a look out at issues like this and others then you may have a more balanced idea of how this launch has been going.I do not need to get a grip I have one on reality try it.
Posted Image

#251 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

Its being handled by demurge studios on behalf of gearbox and will be released later than the pc ps3 and xbox360 version(on the 12th).
http://demiurgestudios.com/about
shows they have worked on bioshock and mas effect cant be all too shabby but really thought gearbox wanted to handle this especially given Randy Pitchfords praise of the wii u and this games potential due to the control methods.Really hoping gearbox havent taken a step back a la EA
Posted Image

#252 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

OK heres the talk up
http://www.eurogamer...ore-modern-tech
heres the news about release date and demurge studios handling the port
http://www.eurogamer...-later-on-wii-u
Also if you read properly I said that the wii u version didnt seem to be A priority not THE priority.Im sorry but you are trying to tell me a later released version not handled in house is A priority?Absolute rubbish and if the fanboy within you lets you have a look out at issues like this and others then you may have a more balanced idea of how this launch has been going.I do not need to get a grip I have one on reality try it.

Stop you're whining and complaining. Neither of those articles back up your statements and if anything they actually contradict them. Since when do assume its not a priority just because its being released possibly later then the other versions and development is being outsourced. Calling me a fanboy only makes you a hypocrite because you're the fanboy. Now stop being such a cry baby and get over it. If you were so sure about reality you wouldn't be making such ridiculous unfounded assumptions. You do need to get over it.

#253 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Screw this. The Wii-U game is coming out a month later is piss take. I'm buying it on 10th feb on xbox 360. I will just use the Wii U for first party games and me older consoles for multiplatform. It's sad to see the Wii-U is getting left behind on 3rd party support. :(

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 22 January 2013 - 11:22 AM.

#254 wezbloke

wezbloke

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

Like someone previously mentioned in this thread i'm more worried about the lack of info. We could argue all day about how the release is being handled, everyone has valid opinions. But it wouldn't hurt for Randy Pitchford/Gearbox/Demurge to let us good people, who have all just spent a small fortune on this new console, know why the WiiU version is worth the wait. Sure, Pitchford has mentioned a few features but nothing to make me think I MUST wait for the WiiU game. I'm thinking as an xbox and PS3 owner why shouldn't I buy the game for one of those systems? And i'm sure a lot of people are thinking the same which can only damage WiiU sales and negatively impact the console.

This is why i'm disappointed and this is why i'm worried for my WiiU. It needs to do something that slaps the xbox and ps3 in the face and make the world pay attention. I hope that day comes soon.

Feel free to add me:
NNID - wezbloke
PSN - wezbloke
XBL - wezbloke

#255 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

Stop you're whining and complaining. Neither of those articles back up your statements and if anything they actually contradict them. Since when do assume its not a priority just because its being released possibly later then the other versions and development is being outsourced. Calling me a fanboy only makes you a hypocrite because you're the fanboy. Now stop being such a cry baby and get over it. If you were so sure about reality you wouldn't be making such ridiculous unfounded assumptions. You do need to get over it.

I pays my money I can complain all I want!Also I dont know about you but if something is a priority for me I do it myself I do not ask someone else to do it.As for the articles not backing me up in your eyes, I doubt it.If you have nothing better to do than pick holes in my valid concerns then I ask myself why, and the first thing that springs to mind is fanboy.Assumption?Yes but if the shoe fits....lol.As for you saying that my "assumptions" are ridiculous?If I cant know Im right as you point out, then surely by the same yardstick you should not be assuming I am wrong?Time will tell, but I am fairly sure a farmed out port and a later release date than the other versions are not usually positives.Im not even going to go with the hypocrite or fanboy labels because thats just too much of a pot kettle black situation from where I am sitting.Maybe I do need to get over "it", you however have the mammoth task of getting over yourself.

Edited by scotty79, 22 January 2013 - 12:21 PM.

Posted Image

#256 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

I'd actually like to see raw action in the next Metroid. Maybe a level where the space government fights space pirates and there would be a big battlefield with stuff blowing up and a massive army of pirates attacking. You'd be in some way an elite fighter for the government... I don't want the game to be only focused on that, but it would be great for one scene in the game. I know that Metroid is more about creeping through abandoned space vessels and staying indoors with aliens everywhere, but Other M did it just fine. Now bring us some action lol.

Also, an in-depth online multiplayer mode would be killer.

For metroid to have multiplayer I reckon it would work best if they had MASSIVE maps and everyone spawned really far away from each other with other monsters still existing in the map. It would be like playing offline until you randomly run into someone else and get into a massive gunfight :D

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#257 Rigg

Rigg

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

I pre-orderd mine today from target.com and it said March 1st, but i dunno, i have heard feb 12th as well so who knows?

#258 BombingSystems

BombingSystems

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

The game looks like a lot of fun! It reminds me of the Left 4 Dead games and I was really addicted to those.
Posted Image

#259 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

For metroid to have multiplayer I reckon it would work best if they had MASSIVE maps and everyone spawned really far away from each other with other monsters still existing in the map. It would be like playing offline until you randomly run into someone else and get into a massive gunfight :D

AMAZING! That's a great idea! It would make the gun fights a thousand times more intense!
Posted Image

#260 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

When Gearbox said the Wii U version will have the best performance and visuals than PS360 what should we expect?

Higher framerate, higher res textures or what? I read they were building it for the U from the ground up so could it look completely different, I mean next gen different?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!