• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 shout64

shout64

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

Does anyone know if Nintendo TVii will cost?
There's a million ads and details about Nintendo TVii, but a lot of it makes it sound like it's gonna cost.
If it costs, how much will it be? Because if so, I can just watch Netflix on my PS3

#2 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

it will cost if it's not on demand or TiVo. This is what Amazon Video, Hulu and Netflix are used for.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#3 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

The program and acess to it will be free, however you will have to pay for the services within the actual program to actually do anything with it.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#4 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

Nintendo needs to partner up with like Comcast on this and get Live streaming straight to the Gamepad, thatd be sick

#5 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

I'm really hoping this service comes to the UK Ireland region as well
Posted Image

#6 shout64

shout64

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

after looking around I finally found this video, it answers just about every question you can think of

#7 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

I'm really hoping this service comes to the UK Ireland region as well

bbc i player will probably come to it which I'm guessing will be free, Also we may get Netflix and lovefilm. Don't know much about Ireland though.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#8 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

Doesn't Tvii work with your cable providers? If so, that means the service will be kind of free. Obviously services like Netflix and Amazon Video will require subscriptions.

#9 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

this is going to be an awesome feature. i guess it depends what ur using on tvii.

Signature_Fox.png

#10 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Nintendo needs to partner up with like Comcast on this and get Live streaming straight to the Gamepad, thatd be sick

Nintendo needs to partner up not only Comcast, but also TimeWarner Cable, Cox, Cablevision, and Charter. And digital satellite providers DirecTV and Dish Network.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#11 bigpapa7272

bigpapa7272

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    COD, Mario Kart,

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

So is Nintendo Tvii going to be able to set my comcast dvr to record shows or will you have to have a tivo?
Posted Image

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

bbc i player will probably come to it which I'm guessing will be free, Also we may get Netflix and lovefilm. Don't know much about Ireland though.

We has netflix and lovefilm, and some other streaming options here now.
Plus rte player, tg4 have a internet player and so do tv3 too.
With saorview the remote should be really easy to do too.

Ain't no excuses but deciding the investment isn't worth it for our tiny market.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

So is Nintendo Tvii going to be able to set my comcast dvr to record shows or will you have to have a tivo?

Yes you can. When you have Nintendo TVii, you must have a digital dish or cable provider's DVR to record shows, movies, etc. If you have TiVo, it's optional as well.

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#14 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

Can I watch Spongebob on the gamepad while I'm in the bathroom shaving my manbeard?

#15 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

This is gonna sound crazy but am I the only one who remembers the metal plate at the back of the console at E3 this year where all the ports are? I SWEAR I thought I saw something that looked like a cable port. Perhaps you plug in your cable and Insert more TV stuff here cuz I'm lost

Edit: was this it? Anyone notice the ports in the upper row?

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Edited by Heyheyharold, 22 October 2012 - 07:22 PM.

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#16 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

This is gonna sound crazy but am I the only one who remembers the metal plate at the back of the console at E3 this year where all the ports are? I SWEAR I thought I saw something that looked like a cable port. Perhaps you plug in your cable and Insert more TV stuff here cuz I'm lost

Edit: was this it? Anyone notice the ports in the upper row?

Holy *CENSORED!* Where did you get that leaked picture? Never have I ever seen the back of the Wii U... especially with cable connectors. When Reggie says, "...it does everything.", you're not foolin' around.

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#17 m3monk3y

m3monk3y

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

I havent found anything regarding media server. Can the wiiu access movie files from our computers and stream them over the network? And what type of formats can it play? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease be m2ts friendly.

#18 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

Holy *CENSORED!* Where did you get that leaked picture? Never have I ever seen the back of the Wii U... especially with cable connectors. When Reggie says, "...it does everything.", you're not foolin' around.

Lol I saw something like this during E3 and I swear I saw a Cable port so I googled it and this is what came up! Hurray, I'm not crazy! Haha

Edited by Heyheyharold, 23 October 2012 - 11:33 AM.

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#19 bigpapa7272

bigpapa7272

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    COD, Mario Kart,

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

Yes you can. When you have Nintendo TVii, you must have a digital dish or cable provider's DVR to record shows, movies, etc. If you have TiVo, it's optional as well.

Thank you for clarifying I was on the verge of ditching My comcast DVR for a Tivo!
Posted Image

#20 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

Sickkkkkk I thought it only worked with tivo, this is great news as i dont own a tivo :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TVii, price

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!