Photo

will the Wii Lan Adapter work for wii u?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:25 AM

As you know the wii and wii u dont have ethernet ports so the only way to connect to the internet is through Wi-fi, but some people are concerned about lag or downloads speeds because of this and i just found this thing today in my closet,
this is the USB ethernet adapter for the wii and i was wondering.. it will work for the wii u? if not, maybe they will release another one compatible with the wii u? i think this is a very needed accessory for lots of people and it will be even nicer if it comes with the console but that is not hapening :P

also is an old product and its rare to find any stock

Posted Image

Edited by Stormage09, 20 October 2012 - 01:32 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:28 AM

Yes it will work with the Wii U. Apart from the fact that technically there is no reason why I seem to recall Nintendo mentioning it at some point.

#3 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:03 AM

Yes.

You can find something like that at Best Buy.

Edited by Dragon, 20 October 2012 - 02:04 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:36 AM

Already confirmed to work in any of the 4 USB ports
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#5 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:34 AM

Wait people actually still use wired internet connections.... LOL

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#6 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:38 AM

Not sure whether you're being sarcastic or serious. My Xbox 360, PS3 and Mac all use a wired connection. As fast as my wireless connection is the wired one is a lost faster for downloads, has less lag when playing on line and buffers less when streaming content.

#7 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:34 AM

Wait if I used my Xbox 360 wireless internet connector on my Wii U would it work? (Just a question I am just curious)

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#8 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:36 AM

I do, because the connection is better. PLUS, my wireless is screwy sometimes.

Posted Image

#9 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:04 AM

I would use wired if I could, but I already have so many wires from all my consoles and stuff being plugged in. Not to mention it wouldn't make a difference anyway, because our ISP is CRAP!
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#10 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:02 AM

I would use wired if I could, but I already have so many wires from all my consoles and stuff being plugged in. Not to mention it wouldn't make a difference anyway, because our ISP is CRAP!

This. I only have one router, and a lot of consoles (2 Wii U consoles incoming) so wireless is best.

#11 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:21 AM

Wait if I used my Xbox 360 wireless internet connector on my Wii U would it work? (Just a question I am just curious)

It's unlikely to work. Besides the Wii U already has wireless built in anyway.

#12 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

Was the LAN Adapter even used with any Wii games? I thought it was only there so you can use the function for the few GameCube games that supported it.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#13 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:24 AM

Was the LAN Adapter even used with any Wii games? I thought it was only there so you can use the function for the few GameCube games that supported it.

It's not a LAN adapter. It's an Ethernet adapter. It's there for those people who either don't have, can't use or don't want to use Wi-Fi. It's got nothing to do with local network based multiplayer. It allows you to connect to your router with a wired Ethernet connection.

#14 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:52 AM

It's not a LAN adapter. It's an Ethernet adapter. It's there for those people who either don't have, can't use or don't want to use Wi-Fi. It's got nothing to do with local network based multiplayer. It allows you to connect to your router with a wired Ethernet connection.

Umm... It's listed as a LAN Adapter on multiple sites. That's probably why he's calling it that.

Posted Image

#15 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

Umm... It's listed as a LAN Adapter on multiple sites. That's probably why he's calling it that.

Yes but it's LAN as in Ethernet adapter. There is no built in Ethernet connection so this adapter has to be used if for what ever reason you can't use Wi-Fi. I presume Nintendo has decided to call it that and as a result it is a bit misleading. That said LAN or local area network is the name given to your Internet/network connection at home of which the router is the centre of it and provides both the various Ethernet and Wi-Fi connections to your various devices. This is your local area network.

#16 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

In a world of wireless. I dont know why everyone doesnt have some form of wireless internet.
Thats probably the main reason why they stop making those and why you cant find them any more.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#17 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

Just order one off ebay, even the non nintendo branded ones should work. Its nothing special.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#18 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

Yes but it's LAN as in Ethernet adapter. There is no built in Ethernet connection so this adapter has to be used if for what ever reason you can't use Wi-Fi. I presume Nintendo has decided to call it that and as a result it is a bit misleading. That said LAN or local area network is the name given to your Internet/network connection at home of which the router is the centre of it and provides both the various Ethernet and Wi-Fi connections to your various devices. This is your local area network.

You seriously think I DIDN'T know that?

Edited by Dragon, 22 October 2012 - 10:41 PM.

Posted Image

#19 Sargon

Sargon

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

For anyone who is interested, Nintendo is still selling the official LAN adapter at their online store.

http://store.nintend...rencyPreference

If you have access to a reliable wireless connection, there really is no reason to go the wired route though. In most cases, there should be little or no difference in lag and download speeds.

#20 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

You seriously thing I DIDN'T know that?

Not really but due to the tone of your post I decided to respond in that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!