• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

http://www.gonintend...story&id=189037
- Nintendo Direct is watched between 600,000 and 1 million people
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf's special Nintendo Direct was watched over 1 million times on YouTube
- Iwata wanted to avoid consumers worrying about a 3DS-style price cut with the Wii U
- this had an influence on Wii U price
- the price they've gone with is to keep people from holding out and to meet customer expectations
- Iwata: If you criticize a lack of innovation over IP-heavy lineups, you're looking only at the titles and not their contents.
- Iwata: If Mario and Pokemon titles didn't innovate, those franchises would fall into ruin.
- Iwata: "If we can't provide overwhelming fun not possible with free or 85-yen games, Nintendo and consoles have no value."
- Iwata wants to explain the Miiverse in detail prior to the Wii U launching
- he wants to do this through a Nintendo Direct
- Iwata: You'll be able to become friends with others through Miiverse; increasing the number of friends to play with is its critical mission.
- It seems that Iwata might be saying that Nintendo has done away with the need for mutual friend code exchanges. Seems that you can become friends with someone instantly through Miiverse without the need of sharing friend codes. This isn't 100% confirmed yet.
- Iwata expects the 3rd-party share of software sales on the Wii U to increase earlier on than it did on the DS or for foreign pubs on Wii
- Iwata can't say exactly when Wii U will no longer be sold at a loss
- he believes that by the next fiscal year, software and hardware combined for Wii U will contribute a satisfactory profit
- Iwata and Nintendo weren't happy with how Nintendo-related information was being transmitted on the net before they even had a chance to post anything about it themselves. This is how Nintendo Direct came to be
- Nintendo Directs have had a positive effect on hardware sellthrough, rate of hardware usage and download numbers for demos and 3D videos
- Iwata: "I don't know when our fans will get bored with seeing a regular guy in his 50s talking about games over and over, but I'd like to continue doing it for as long as they enjoy watching and paying attention to Nintendo Directs."
- Doesn't believe Nintendo Directs are the be all/end all for marketing for them, but merely a new axis for it.
- Iwata feels the period post-holidays is of great importance for Wii U sales. They realize that they have had issues in the past with deploying too many titles at launch and then having nothing after. Luckily, they've been able to secure a very large number of games from western devs, so Nintendo have been able to shift some of their titles to post-holidays.
- Doesn't seem like there'll be paid DLC for Animal Crossing: New Leaf because it'd make the game be too costly.
- Won't have DLC for all games, really depends on the game.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

sounds good. i think the miiverse thing is good, because whats the point in friending strangers i cant play games with. i did that on xbox live a lot because someone played a game i play regularly once and they wouldnt join my future games which sucked. im glad this will save me from having clutter on my friends list. i just hope u dont have to use codes for real life friends

Signature_Fox.png

#3 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

- Doesn't seem like there'll be paid DLC for Animal Crossing: New Leaf because it'd make the game be too costly.

Posted Image

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#4 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

Sweet. Hopefully no FCs.

#5 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

Hopefully theyget with the program and use user names. It would make looking for friends easier. I guess we just gotta wait to find out.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

- Iwata: "I don't know when our fans will get bored with seeing a regular guy in his 50s talking about games over and over, but I'd like to continue doing it for as long as they enjoy watching and paying attention to Nintendo Directs."

Never!

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

Lots of positive information. Can't wait!

#8 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

Brilliant, absolutly brilliant, please let friend codes be no more!

#9 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

I love watching fifty year old men talk about games! Who doesn't?

#10 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

Nintentags, anyone?

#11 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:30 AM

- It seems that Iwata might be saying that Nintendo has done away with the need for mutual friend code exchanges. Seems that you can become friends with someone instantly through Miiverse without the need of sharing friend codes. This isn't 100% confirmed yet.

This one sounds good. Hopefully this is what Nintendo is planning for friending people on MiiVerse.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#12 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:21 AM

Brilliant, absolutly brilliant, please let friend codes be no more!

/still does not get the big deal with friend codes and why they're hated

On Topic: All very awesome news. 21 more days left till the awesomeness. :o

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#13 BananaCheese

BananaCheese

Darknut Dominator

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • NNID:Awesomesocks
  • Fandom:
    Zelda and Animal Crossing

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

Nintentags, anyone?

Great idea!

Nintendo_Logo-600x200.png 

Nintendo Network ID: Awesomesocks | Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032-1712-2862

PM me if you add me on any of the above.

#14 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:07 AM

/still does not get the big deal with friend codes and why they're hated

On Topic: All very awesome news. 21 more days left till the awesomeness. :o

Because of u wanna friend someone you need that code.
On other systems you use a user name. Easier to rememeber and you can add people in game.
I just think the friend code was a bad idea. Plus u get another system your code changes.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!