• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

Kill Streaks, and things like that aren't balanced.
Plus even then, the guns aren't balanced. I can tell you that much from a simple match.

just sounds like you dont like the game all of the treyarch call of duties have been pretty balanced, of course it isnt perfect but then what game is?

killsteaks are hardly unbalanced in black ops

#22 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

just sounds like you dont like the game all of the treyarch call of duties have been pretty balanced, of course it isnt perfect but then what game is?

killsteaks are hardly unbalanced in black ops

Yeah, I don't like Call of Duty, but it isn't because it is unbalanced. That would be a stupid reason to hate a game. (In some cases it is a reason to hate a game, but Call of Duty is not a game to hate because of this.)

Leveling systems are made to unbalance a game. That is a fact. What point does it serve, if it is not to make sure someone has an advantage? Even if the guns are perfectly balanced, the game is then unbalanced because some one isn't able to use a gun that would best suit their play style. Some one else will always have an advantage, because they have all the guns unlocked. Without the leveling system, it may be a perfectly balanced game, but because of the leveling system it isn't.

Edited by Mignaga, 01 November 2012 - 04:36 PM.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#23 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

Yeah, I don't like Call of Duty, but it isn't because it is unbalanced. That would be a stupid reason to hate a game.

*Edit** This is a bad argument. Let me fix it.
Plus, a level system is intentionally making the game unbalanced. Do you still use the guns that you had, at the beginning of the game? If you don't (which I'm highly betting you don't), you just proved to yourself that argument that the guns are balanced is false. Why would you put the effort into switching to other guns, if you are going to yield the same results?

actually a lot of people including myself actually use the beginning guns as they tend to be the most accurate in the game. the einfeld was pretty great in black ops. the only time level really matters is with perks and equipment. either way being a higher level rarely gives you an advantage over people as it always comes down to skill. leveling to obtain better equipment/perks/guns hasn't been emphasized for a while now.

Out of curiosity what are your 3 favorite games

and i mean in general not the call of duty series.

#24 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

actually a lot of people including myself actually use the beginning guns as they tend to be the most accurate in the game. the einfeld was pretty great in black ops. the only time level really matters is with perks and equipment. either way being a higher level rarely gives you an advantage over people as it always comes down to skill. leveling to obtain better equipment/perks/guns hasn't been emphasized for a while now.

Out of curiosity what are your 3 favorite games

and i mean in general not the call of duty series.

Ok, before I say anything, read my edited post.

My top 3 games?
1. Nier (JRPG)
2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
3. Metal Gear Solid: 3/4 (I can't decide)

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#25 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

Yeah, I don't like Call of Duty, but it isn't because it is unbalanced. That would be a stupid reason to hate a game. (In some cases it is a reason to hate a game, but Call of Duty is not a game to hate because of this.)

Leveling systems are made to unbalance a game. That is a fact. What point does it serve, if it is not to make sure someone has an advantage? Even if the guns are perfectly balanced, the game is then unbalanced because some one isn't able to use a gun that would best suit their play style. Some one else will always have an advantage, because they have all the guns unlocked. Without the leveling system, it may be a perfectly balanced game, but because of the leveling system it isn't.

leveling systems serve the point of encouraging longer play time, just because someone is a higher level than you doesnt mean you will lose. also on the point of play style, what if someone unlocks all the guns and no gun fits there play style, can you blame a game on not catering to them and how they want to play? no. a perfect example of a game with levels that has virtually no rewards is halo. the level system in that game is pretty pointless and its still in, its in to encourage players to play longer, not to unlock better weapons so they can be better. multiplayer games in cod can be won without the need of going past level 1, and if you think someone has an unfair advantage, then your better suited playing private mode where everything is unlocked and you wont have to worry about anyone having a gun that you don't have.

as for your top games seeing as though none of them have any multiplayer, there is no point i can make from knowing about them. It would seem to me though that your likely one to avoid racing games and most multiplayer games all together as you would probably think them to be unbalanced.

How about the smash bros series do you enjoy that? because the only fighting game as unbalanced as the smash series would be the marvel series.

#26 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

Kill Streaks, and things like that aren't balanced.
Plus even then, the guns aren't balanced. I can tell you that much from a simple match.

Of course they aren't balanced, your getting killstreaks to be rewarded on your kills. The more kills you have the better your killstreak is. I mean that's just kind of a derp, killstreaks are to reward good players. I myself, in Black Ops have no problem using the guns, your saying "the guns are unbalanced" which are?

2lvmghw.png

#27 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

L96 with ACOG Sight.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#28 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

LOL, you really had to make a thread about this man? :P

#29 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

COD ain't my cup of tea, too many ragers on there, it messes with my chilled out state B)

#30 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

famas is really good the acr is probably the most accurate full auto assault rifle and the ump is really good you just have to get used to the recoil. m4 is accurate as well but the damage is pretty week and the tar 21 has good damage but a recoil trade off.

how does the leveling system make the game unbalanced? ive played in games at level 1 and still done better than everyone on my team.

I used the FAMAS today, and it was decent for a change, might use it more often. And maybe I should try a red dot sight for my UMP instead of Rapid Fire, because really I can't hit carp with it.
No sig.

#31 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

I used the FAMAS today, and it was decent for a change, might use it more often. And maybe I should try a red dot sight for my UMP instead of Rapid Fire, because really I can't hit carp with it.

the ump with rapid fire should only be used once you have gotten used to recoil on the guns, once you learn how to control the guns you'll do really good with rapid fire. are you getting black ops 2? if so you probably shouldnt get to use to the older cods as blops2 is likely to be really different, when it comes to multiplayer.

#32 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

COD ain't my cup of tea, too many ragers on there, it messes with my chilled out state B)

The Wii community is decent.

#33 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

The Wii community is decent.

I know :D that's why I like it so much on here.

#34 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

I know :D that's why I like it so much on here.

And PC is too.

#35 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:12 AM

the ump with rapid fire should only be used once you have gotten used to recoil on the guns, once you learn how to control the guns you'll do really good with rapid fire. are you getting black ops 2? if so you probably shouldnt get to use to the older cods as blops2 is likely to be really different, when it comes to multiplayer.

I'll get it later sometime, but for campaign and zombies, not for online multiplayer most likely (safe from a few matches, but not intending to get a maximum level)
No sig.

#36 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

Well blackops had A half sencond delay unless you're host which led to fake kills.
You know whats balanced?Team Fortress 2, to this day it amazes me how they were able to achieve it in A game that you can have A rocket as A primary with 4 rockets loaded. With every weapon (minus the defaults) it gives you ups and downs, no weapon is better then another cause this game takes that saying this saying seriously "The weapon does not make the man strong, but the man holding the weapon". As for CoD well noobtube :P and theres always A class and killstreaks are bull,why should you give A player who is already winning the upper hand, i think death streaks were called for if they werent stupid. (Dead mans hand) and all the CoD fans hate on treyarch cause they change the game and innovate. Seems like A bandwagon to me.

1367065580450s.jpg

#37 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

On Ps3 COD sucks, I have black ops on both ps3 and 360, On xbox a couple of shots and they are dead, on ps3 it takes like an entire clip.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#38 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

Please, no "COD sucks" posts. I play MW2, and sometimes I wonder to myself when I get killed... How is that even possible?! I unloaded my horsing entire magazine on the enemy, but he still manages to kill me first? I get really frustrated by how fake this game can get. Or that moment when I stab an enemy (you see my knife in his body and you even hear the sound) but then I still die? Stuff like that just makes me ragequit a lot of times. I'm level 51 and not really noob or anything but I still wonder, how can I avoid such rages? Should I use other guns? But then again, people who use exact the same gun as me still kill me faster. It's bullcrap.

I've been using FAL + Stopping Power Pro lately, which works quite nice but still not perfect.

Also, I just want to express my rage about quickscopers which nearly ruin the game for me.
FFFUUUUU-

It's your connection, not saying it's bad but it's your connection to the who ever is the host of that lobby. There is latency everywhere and unfortunate thing is that your packets are travelling a lot further than the other people in the lobby, so therefore the other players have that advantage against you as the host receives your packets late.

What I would recommend is ensuring you join a <50ms lobby, when matchmaking just check the top to see if you're joining those lobbies, if it goes to 75ms, back out and find a new lobby.

#39 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

It's your connection, not saying it's bad but it's your connection to the who ever is the host of that lobby. There is latency everywhere and unfortunate thing is that your packets are travelling a lot further than the other people in the lobby, so therefore the other players have that advantage against you as the host receives your packets late.

What I would recommend is ensuring you join a <50ms lobby, when matchmaking just check the top to see if you're joining those lobbies, if it goes to 75ms, back out and find a new lobby.

Thanks, I never thought about joining a lobby with lower ms. Won't this take forever though, until I find <50ms lobbies?
No sig.

#40 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

Thanks, I never thought about joining a lobby with lower ms. Won't this take forever though, until I find <50ms lobbies?

Unfortunately it might. Im not sure what the situation is where you live. If you play the high density playlists like tdm and domination then you could get into one in a few minutes Like 5.

I personally dont know, you will need to keep checking if you cqj join. It helps if your NAT type is open since you'll be able to connect to more people

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!