30 replies to this topic

#21 Skaar

Skaar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

Nintendo put on a Flier in Canada:
"The Wii U controller will not be sold separately because it will cost the same as the console itself." ?
I highly doubt it.

dude i'm not gonna argue with you and don't be snoddy. you know thats not what they said on the flier.
the flier said at this time wii u only supports one touch screen controller and the controllers will not be available to purchase separately the rest came form the representative when questions were asked based on the flier.
the rep said it had something to do with a samsung patent in north america and they need to reclassify the wii u controller before its made available because now they would have to pay a licensing fee at that would bring the price to almost the same price as the whole console bundle.. any other snarky remarks can be made to the nintendo reps that tour the continent making these claims.
Posted Image

#22 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

dude i'm not gonna argue with you and don't be snoddy. you know thats not what they said on the flier.
the flier said at this time wii u only supports one touch screen controller and the controllers will not be available to purchase separately the rest came form the representative when questions were asked based on the flier.
the rep said it had something to do with a samsung patent in north america and they need to reclassify the wii u controller before its made available because now they would have to pay a licensing fee at that would bring the price to almost the same price as the whole console bundle.. any other snarky remarks can be made to the nintendo reps that tour the continent making these claims.

I take you believe everything a rep tells you then. What he said isn't true.

#23 Skaar

Skaar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

I take you believe everything a rep tells you then. What he said isn't true.

what is with you people? i never said its true..as a matter f fact i specifically said i don't know if it is true.
all i said is this is what i experienced.
how am i gullible for reporting what someone who works for the company told me?
if a showroom rep from chevrolet tells you the display model is not currently available in the us.. and you tell someone that.. most people welcome the additional knowledge that they were not privy to.
and while we are at it and im having to pull sources for my claims.. what the heck do you guys have to back up your claims that this is false info.. nowhere is there a single touch controller listed for sale in the us.. and not one credible gaming site has said the system on launch will support more than one touch controller.
thats ok i wont share anymore info on this site.. i thought i was in a forum of intelligent people who wanted to have a discussion.
instead it seems i am surrounded by fanboy know it alls with no credible sources for any of their statements.
well it was fun while it lasted. later

"Nintendo's Wii U may be capable of a lot of things, but support for more than one of its impressive new controllers won't be one of them.

That news comes from Nintendo senior managing director Shigeru Miyamoto, who confirmed yesterday Nintendo's newest console isn't designed to interact with more than one of the new controllers at a time."

and from CVG

"We asked a company spokesperson at the firm's VIP stand at E3 2012 in Los Angeles today about the price of each item. He told us that there would only be one bundled RRP, adding: "Both the controller and the console will be sold as one unit. You won't be able to buy the controller alone."

here.. this answers the question for this thread.

http://kotaku.com/59...u-a-replacement

Edited by Death Skaar, 05 November 2012 - 12:25 PM.

Posted Image

#24 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

lol She lied.
I can see that she became confused over the xbox/microsoft problems.
If anyone would sue someone over a patent on a handheld device, it'd be Apple.

what is with you people? i never said its true..as a matter f fact i specifically said i don't know if it is true.
all i said is this is what i experienced.
how am i gullible for reporting what someone who works for the company told me?
if a showroom rep from chevrolet tells you the display model is not currently available in the us.. and you tell someone that.. most people welcome the additional knowledge that they were not privy to.
and while we are at it and im having to pull sources for my claims.. what the heck do you guys have to back up your claims that this is false info.. nowhere is there a single touch controller listed for sale in the us.. and not one credible gaming site has said the system on launch will support more than one touch controller.
thats ok i wont share anymore info on this site.. i thought i was in a forum of intelligent people who wanted to have a discussion.
instead it seems i am surrounded by fanboy know it alls with no credible sources for any of their statements.
well it was fun while it lasted. later

"Nintendo's Wii U may be capable of a lot of things, but support for more than one of its impressive new controllers won't be one of them.
That news comes from Nintendo senior managing director Shigeru Miyamoto, who confirmed yesterday Nintendo's newest console isn't designed to interact with more than one of the new controllers at a time."
and from CVG
"We asked a company spokesperson at the firm's VIP stand at E3 2012 in Los Angeles today about the price of each item. He told us that there would only be one bundled RRP, adding: "Both the controller and the console will be sold as one unit. You won't be able to buy the controller alone."

here.. this answers the question for this thread.

http://kotaku.com/59...u-a-replacement

Yeah, and the part we don't believe is the "controller costs the same as the console and the controller" point.
We know the controller won't be available separately until 2013 at least (Japan excluded), the cost is the point we were loling at.

Edited by Nollog, 05 November 2012 - 01:05 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#25 Skaar

Skaar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

lol She lied.
I can see that she became confused over the xbox/microsoft problems.
If anyone would sue someone over a patent on a handheld device, it'd be Apple.

Yeah, and the part we don't believe is the "controller costs the same as the console and the controller" point.
We know the controller won't be available separately until 2013 at least (Japan excluded), the cost is the point we were loling at.

once again you cant get them here if you did they would cost that much.. thats why you have to receive them from japan where they are currently 150 without any of the licencing fees that would be attached so seeing as a $200 tablet sells for $500 after all the fees and licensing.. i easily see them around $250.. which is... about the price of the system..

and as far as the apple comment .. you are naive . soo so naive . you get sued if you use a patent without paying the licencing fee or royalties.. you have to have already broke the law or thought to have broken the law to be sued.
which is why nintendo didn't bring it out here because until they can tweak the patent and get new licenses on hardware and firmware they would have to pay those here or break the law.
samsung own tablet rights.. apple owns swipe rights.. sony owns lcd rights.. you have to pay all of this if you want to make something like the wii u controller.
do your homework next time.
Posted Image

#26 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

once again you cant get them here if you did they would cost that much.. thats why you have to receive them from japan where they are currently 150 without any of the licencing fees that would be attached so seeing as a $200 tablet sells for $500 after all the fees and licensing.. i easily see them around $250.. which is... about the price of the system..

and as far as the apple comment .. you are naive . soo so naive . you get sued if you use a patent without paying the licencing fee or royalties.. you have to have already broke the law or thought to have broken the law to be sued.
which is why nintendo didn't bring it out here because until they can tweak the patent and get new licenses on hardware and firmware they would have to pay those here or break the law.
samsung own tablet rights.. apple owns swipe rights.. sony owns lcd rights.. you have to pay all of this if you want to make something like the wii u controller.

$250 is pretty high for a tablet. But that's a fully featured tablet, with cpu, gpu, ram, android, multitouch, etc.
The upad isn't a standalone tablet.

http://www.theverge....entures-license
Android patent pools are where samsung pull most of their smartphone patents from.
They don't sue people because of this.

What they sued Microsoft over, was the h264 videocodec patent.
A codec Microsoft used, and refused to pay royalties on.
Point me to a patent Nintendo would be infringing on. And ask your rep this the next time you see her.

Nobody "owns tablet rights". They own the idea of how a certain type of tablet works, sure.

Edited by Nollog, 05 November 2012 - 01:55 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#27 Skaar

Skaar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

you are clueless.
http://www.google.co...s/US20040051700
i could keep doing this all day but it really isn't my job to educate you.. you should do that yourself.
Posted Image

#28 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

ok i found it.. it was on the little press release flier that was set up at the nintendo showcase in toronto. it was from a nintendo representative.
they did say it.. if it is true or not i have no idea but it was printed and confirmed by someone who works for nintendo displaying their new console at the nintendo consumer event in toronto. it was held on Oct. 24th i believe.

*cough* *cough* nintendo rep. XD

Signature_Fox.png

#29 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

yea all those rightsare crap. They just drive up the price of stuff.
And i still want to knowfrom nintendo how much it cost to make and license all the parts in the wii u and the gamepad.
They gotta think about there end user. Things happen so of someone breaks there they gotta buy a new system which would probably stay in the box?
hopfully we hear something on this by mid of next yr.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#30 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

you are clueless.
i could keep doing this all day but it really isn't my job to educate you.. you should do that yourself.

That's proof?

Inventor: Tomas Pensjo

http://www.google.co...51700?q=samsung
All that proves is that someone came up with the idea of a box that is moveable and has a touchscreen in it.
There's fifty-million examples of the patent system being taken advantage of like this, with frivolous patents being filed every second.

the representative when questions were asked based on the flier.
the rep said it had something to do with a samsung patent in north america and they need to reclassify the wii u controller before its made available because now they would have to pay a licensing fee at that would bring the price to almost the same price as the whole console bundle

Also:
How does the Nintendo rep say they plan to reclassify the device so it doesn't have a touch screen and isn't portable?
Take all her words into account or don't take anything she says seriously at all.

Edited by Nollog, 05 November 2012 - 04:48 PM.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#31 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

you are clueless.

I would say its you who is clueless and needs to be educated. You're certainly gullible if you believe everything a rep tells you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!