30 replies to this topic

#1 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

Ok we all have heard that the Wii U system at some point in time, in its life cycle will use at less 2 Gamepads.

So what i am wonder is what do you thing the price of a replacement or second game pad will be?
the system is only $300 so would we be paying $150 for the gamepad? Leaving people to wonder if the wii u is over priced or if the gamepad is over priced.
Or paying $200 for a game pad and people saying ah ill just get another system.

YES i know the wii u is being sold at a lost but what about normal people that dont know any of this.

Well what do you guys and girls think on replacement gamepad prices?
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#2 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

For replacement I think the price will be over $75. I say over $75 because the price might go higher depending on the amount of damage that has been caused to the Gamepad.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#3 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Where did you hear the Wii U will use at least 2 gamepads? How long does a Gamepad last before it dies? But anyways, I wouldn't expect the price to be cheap. Probably in the $75-$100 range.

#4 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

Where did you hear the Wii U will use at least 2 gamepads? How long does a Gamepad last before it dies? But anyways, I wouldn't expect the price to be cheap. Probably in the $75-$100 range.

some games in the future will use 2 gamepads. however, currently they are no games that support this and therefore Nintendo are not selling any separately to confuse people.
As for how long they last, if you take care of it, it should never break.

I imagine a price of around £70-£100 ($100-$150) if it isn't it will probably be cheaper I hope.

Edited by stephen, 03 November 2012 - 12:12 PM.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#5 Macnerd77

Macnerd77

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Fandom:
    Moss from the IT crowd,

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

Looking at it from a technology standpoint my opinion would be that it will be $100+ simply due to all of the tech that is inside of it.

from this post at engadget it sounds like games will eventually use multiple game pads. http://www.engadget....-not-at-launch/

#6 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

Looking at it from a technology standpoint my opinion would be that it will be $100+ simply due to all of the tech that is inside of it.

*technical

I except the controller to cost about $120 - 150
Replacements probably near the same amount.

#7 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

some games in the future will use 2 gamepads. however, currently they are no games that support this and therefore Nintendo are not selling any separately to confuse people.
As for how long they last, if you take care of it, it should never break.

I imagine a price of around £70-£100 ($100-$150) if it isn't it will probably be cheaper I hope.

from this post at engadget it sounds like games will eventually use multiple game pads. http://www.engadget....-not-at-launch/

Silly me, I thought xile6 meant that the console would go through two gamepads ( as in the gamepad eventually breaking from use).

#8 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

It's definitely going to be expensive if the damages don't fall under warranty.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#9 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

Thay sounds about what i was thinking. Just wonder how other will take to those prices.

Silly me, I thought xile6 meant that the console would go through two gamepads ( as in the gamepad eventually breaking from use).

My bad i worded it funny.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

Bad English is all.

Okay, we have all heard that the Wii U system will, at some point in time in its life cycle use at least 2 Gamepads.

So, what I am wondering is, what do you think the price of a replacement, or second gamepad will be?

The system is only $300, so would we be paying $150 for the gamepad, leaving people to wonder if the Wii U is over-priced, or if the gamepad is over priced.
Or, paying $200 for a gamepad, and people saying "Ah, I'll just get another system!"?!

Yes, I know the Wii U is being sold at a loss, but what about normal people that don't know any of this?!

Well, what do you guys and girls think of replacement gamepad prices?

150 of your American dollars.
uPad's will be sold in Japan for 13,500 Yen, and that's 170 US Dollars.
I'd expect NoA to round down.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

Bad English is all.

150 of your American dollars.
uPad's will be sold in Japan for 13,500 Yen, and that's 170 US Dollars.
I'd expect NoA to round down.

I was going to post that they will be sold separately for that price so prices elsewhere if and when they are sold seperately will probably reflect that.

#12 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

Them controllers are expensive, but I suppose they gotta be.

#13 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

Them controllers are expensive, but I suppose they gotta be.

It's one of the most expensive parts of the console if not the most expensive I suspect.

#14 Noir

Noir

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fire Emblem; Pikmin; Professor Layton

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

Most normal breakages of the gamepads should fall under the warranty in which case, I believe there was a statement from Nintendo saying that they'd replace gamepads for free. In the unfortunate event that it doesn't, however...well, judging from the Wii controllers price, i'd estimate it to be £70ish. (Around $100)

#15 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:10 AM

THE GAMEPAD IS Posted Image

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#16 Skaar

Skaar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

i thought i read a statement from nintendo that they would not be making the gamepad available by itself at all for the foreseeable future due to the fact that the price would be pretty much the same as the whole system with controller.
and because of this statement i thought they made an official announcement that the wii u only supports 1 wii u controller per console now..??!! O_o

in response to the price for replacement.. i'm sure as long as it was a hardware issue and not user damage they will do just a swap out kind of like microsoft did with faulty xbox 360's and if you have to buy another you will just have to drop the cash for the whole system again.
Posted Image

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

i thought i read a statement from nintendo that they would not be making the gamepad available by itself at all for the foreseeable future due to the fact that the price would be pretty much the same as the whole system with controller.
and because of this statement i thought they made an official announcement that the wii u only supports 1 wii u controller per console now..??!! O_o

in response to the price for replacement.. i'm sure as long as it was a hardware issue and not user damage they will do just a swap out kind of like microsoft did with faulty xbox 360's and if you have to buy another you will just have to drop the cash for the whole system again.

Nintendo never said that. That's what the gaming media came up with because they're idiots.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

I don't know where you heard that but they never said that and its wrong. The cost of the Gamepad is not the same as that of the whole system. It's already been announced for sales separately in Japan. It may well be available separately outside of Japan at some point.

#19 Skaar

Skaar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

Nintendo never said that. That's what the gaming media came up with because they're idiots.

ok i found it.. it was on the little press release flier that was set up at the nintendo showcase in toronto. it was from a nintendo representative.
they did say it.. if it is true or not i have no idea but it was printed and confirmed by someone who works for nintendo displaying their new console at the nintendo consumer event in toronto. it was held on Oct. 24th i believe.
Posted Image

#20 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

ok i found it.. it was on the little press release flier that was set up at the nintendo showcase in toronto. it was from a nintendo representative.
they did say it.. if it is true or not i have no idea but it was printed and confirmed by someone who works for nintendo displaying their new console at the nintendo consumer event in toronto. it was held on Oct. 24th i believe.

Nintendo put on a Flier in Canada:
"The Wii U controller will not be sold separately because it will cost the same as the console itself." ?
I highly doubt it.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!