Photo

For those who didn't snag a pre-order...

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 naadofett

naadofett

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

Maybe your mom gets paid on the following Fiday, you know every 2 weeks and it happens black Friday is her payday. But I do feel places like Best Buy will have some on Black Friday, but you will have to be in line a week before just to make sure you get one as they will only have 3.

I was going to mention this as well. In my opinion, be happy your mom is going to get you one period ;) I remember when I was 8 and my brother and I had to BEG for a Nintendo and finally one year (around 1988 I think), one showed up under the Christmas tree. Talk about an amazing Christmas that was. Ok, I'm done with my "When I was a kid we didn't have..." commentary.

@The Walking Dead - Side note, tonight's episode was gnarly!

#22 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

Maybe your mom gets paid on the following Fiday, you know every 2 weeks and it happens black Friday is her payday. But I do feel places like Best Buy will have some on Black Friday, but you will have to be in line a week before just to make sure you get one as they will only have 3.

I considered that but I really doubt it. Plus I'm unsure if the money will even be there right at 12:01am. Regardless, the fact that I told her over a month in advance gives her time to save up for it, so I don't know what's going on in her head. She got too angry when I brought it up so I gave up on her. "Christmas isn't for two months, it's too early to think about it! I don't/won't have money!" Then she recently wasted $500 on a cellphone. Whoo parent logic!

Anyways, what's this with the specific number? 3 extras?

I was going to mention this as well. In my opinion, be happy your mom is going to get you one period ;) I remember when I was 8 and my brother and I had to BEG for a Nintendo and finally one year (around 1988 I think), one showed up under the Christmas tree. Talk about an amazing Christmas that was. Ok, I'm done with my "When I was a kid we didn't have..." commentary.

@The Walking Dead - Side note, tonight's episode was gnarly!

Yeah, well. I'm not 8. :P Over a decade older. I have enough money to buy it in cash, and enough in my bank account to get a used car. We're just trying to keep up that whole Christmas illusion, where she controls my presents. Which is another reason why it was frustrating, as I had enough cash even at that time to pay for it. She just kept shutting me down with the excuse it was too early to talk about it and reassured me to wait for Black Friday, cause I guess she thinks there would be deals. Was tempted to preorder it anyways but didn't because I trust her experience with shopping. Anyways, the point of my post wasn't to whine about it, just say that I'm worried I made a mistake of not preordering lol.
Posted Image

#23 nintendofreak247

nintendofreak247

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario Bros.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

Back when the Nintendo 3DS was coming out, I snagged a pre-order for it once the pre-orders were open. I was certain that all the stores would be sold out, so I wanted to be cautious. However, since I live in a town where I guess not many people flock to buy game consoles on launch day, my local K-Mart was stocked with 3DS's, and I had to wait for my pre-order to come in the mail.

I've learned my lesson since then, so this time around, I chose not to pre-order. I'm just going to walk into the store and buy it on launch day.
Posted Image

#24 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

Tere sold out everywhere in the UK, if you didn't pre order over here your basically screwed.

It's not sold out everywhere in the UK and there still are places that have it for preorder.

#25 Kiki Neko-Chan

Kiki Neko-Chan

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii/U, The Sims

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

I checked at my local Walmart and guess what... there's tons of per order cards!!! (which means no one pre-ordered) i can still pre-order! WOO!

Add Mii on miiverse:

thewiiuguy

^ dayum what a creative name

#26 naadofett

naadofett

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

I checked at my local Walmart and guess what... there's tons of per order cards!!! (which means no one pre-ordered) i can still pre-order! WOO!

You're lucky. My local Walmart didn't have squat yesterday. Nobody in my area has any open preorders left. So no launch day Wii U for me... and yes, I refuse to buy an overpriced unit on eBay or Craigslist. I can't help but wonder how many of the preordered units are going to be put up for sale on these other various sites at an insane premium. I'd find it amusing if people just decided not to buy the overpriced units just so the scalpers could feel the pain and have to sell at a more reasonable price, but who am I kidding? That will never happen...

#27 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Buy one from another country that has the same region as you lol.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#28 Kiki Neko-Chan

Kiki Neko-Chan

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii/U, The Sims

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:03 AM

Buy one from another country that has the same region as you lol.

That's actually an awesome idea. Buy one from here in Canada! We gots plenty!!

Add Mii on miiverse:

thewiiuguy

^ dayum what a creative name

#29 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

That's actually an awesome idea. Buy one from here in Canada! We gots plenty!!

Not where I live we don't. Plus it won't work overseas.
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#30 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

^^^ Yes it will, as long as the region coding is the same, For example im from Aus, Which means i could buy a console from countries such as New Zealand, Hong Kong, England etc because they all use the PAL encoding. I have done so before.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#31 naadofett

naadofett

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

Isn't there more to regions than simply the video format (NTSC vs PAL)? I believe other places around the world are assigned region numbers. If you buy a console from another region that can't play games from a different region code, then you just wasted your money.

#32 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

^^^ true, but generally usually at least a few countries are the same like i mentioned above. Don't take my word for it but i would assume a lot of Europe would be under the same region. Much like were i come from all of Oceania is pretty much the same.

Edited by cannonshane, 06 November 2012 - 08:09 PM.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#33 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

Region codes and their corresponding areas:

1 United States, Canada, Bermuda, U.S. territories

2 Europe (except Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus), Middle East, Egypt, Japan, South Africa, Swaziland, Lesotho, Greenland, French Overseas departments and territories

3 Southeast Asia, South Korea, Taiwan, China (Hong Kong, Macau)

4 Mexico, South America, Central America, Caribbean, New Zealand, Australia, Papua New Guinea and much of Oceania

5 Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Pakistan, Africa (except Egypt, South Africa, Swaziland, andLesotho), Central and South Asia, Mongolia, North Korea

6 China

Edited by Spleenzorio, 06 November 2012 - 08:24 PM.

Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#34 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

^^^ As i thought, a number of countries share the same code, So pretty much as long as you buy one that fits the same Region code were you would normally buy your games from then all is good. Al though from what im told it can Vary, for example sometimes the DVD region code is different to the games one.

Edited by cannonshane, 06 November 2012 - 08:52 PM.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#35 Hari

Hari

Cheep-Cheep

• Banned
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    you

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

Region codes and their corresponding areas:

1 United States, Canada, Bermuda, U.S. territories

2 Europe (except Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus), Middle East, Egypt, Japan, South Africa, Swaziland, Lesotho, Greenland, French Overseas departments and territories

3 Southeast Asia, South Korea, Taiwan, China (Hong Kong, Macau)

4 Mexico, South America, Central America, Caribbean, New Zealand, Australia, Papua New Guinea and much of Oceania

5 Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Pakistan, Africa (except Egypt, South Africa, Swaziland, andLesotho), Central and South Asia, Mongolia, North Korea

6 China

Posted Image

#36 Dark Link

Dark Link

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

Didn't pre-order one, but no big deal. I can wait until next year when Nintendo releases more games that I would play. For now, Pikmin 3 and Zombie U are the only games that I am interested in.

3DS Friend Code: 4639-8971-0664

NNID: WirelessData

Currently playing: Animal Crossing New Leaf, Pokemon X, and Zelda Wind Waker HD

#37 naadofett

naadofett

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

Damn you IGN. After reading those 1st impressions I'm bummed I won't have one on launch day. Khaaaan!

Posted Image

#38 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

depends how much your willing to pay. Sometimes you can snag one on release day off ebay or the likes for only a fraction more than in shops, That's how a friend of mine got his Wii. I think he only paid like $25 more from a bloke on ebay who had bought it day one but decided he didn't want it. The console was still factory sealed etc.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#39 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

I think your best bet would be Best Buy at midnight, call up Best Buy and see if they will have some for those who did not preorder on the midnight launch.

2lvmghw.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!