#1 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

"I am trying to meet with the game developers individually for this matter. The real subject is whether I’ll be able to - we’ll be able to - convince developers inside of the licensing publishers to be excited about the new features of the Wii U, so much so that they’ll be enthused towards making brand new entertainment that I couldn't come up with myself.

When it comes to technologies and techniques and skills necessary for working on Wii U, [and] what we can provide, I can count on them that they already have that. They know how to do that. They are always skilful, and actually they must have some different know-how from what we have. There might be some misunderstanding - as if Nintendo alone had some special know-how, and because Nintendo has not shared those unique, secret protocols with other, third-party publishers have not been able to create the exciting, unique gameplay on Nintendo hardware. But that was not the case.

The fact of the matter is that most third-party licensees from a business point of view, had to create multi-platform titles – and because Nintendo has been trying to create very unique hardware, oftentimes it was not considered the first choice for them to work on multi-platform software. So it’s the entire company decision-making process that is hindering developer’s ability from making unique titles on Wii U hardware. Once again, my job as one of the developers is meet with the individual people and convince that they’ll be able to create brand new entertainment that they really wish to realise. My job is to try to assist them in that fashion.

I do not think that providing any special technologies, know how or skills would be able to change the situation, because I understand that most third-party developers already have those things."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/05/how-nintendo-is-encouraging-devs-to-make-games-on-wii-u
Posted Image

#2 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

I'm really blown away at the importance Nintendo is putting on attracting 3rd party. It feels like...after 3 generations of releasing first party showcase systems...they are going back to what made the NES and SNES 2 of the biggest systems ever. More excited than ever.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#3 Hardcore Brawler

Hardcore Brawler

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Punch Out!, Metroid, Zelda, more

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

Interesting.
And while they are at it, I really hope that Nintendo would reach out to even more of those third party/indie developers and work together, the same way they worked with Next Level Games, Monster Games, Tecmo and most lately Platinum Games.

Posted Image

by Cerberuz

My Wii U games wishlist:
Disaster 2 - F-Zero U - Eternal Darkness 2 - Madworld 2 - Beyond Good and Evil 2 (Wii U version)

#4 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

Good guy Miyamoto.

Seriously this is a great move on Nintendo's part.

Edited by Mignaga, 05 November 2012 - 11:58 AM.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#5 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

"Support Wii U or die by hand of Yakuza!"

#6 Skaar

Skaar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

Awesome info.. thanks!
Posted Image

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

WOW, I love this man long time now.

#8 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

For once, Nintendo is getting quite serious with 3rd party support. This is a very good turn on their behalf.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#9 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

Good for Nintendo hopefully It pays off .

#10 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

I love how they realized how important third party support is now more than ever. Its awesome!

Signature_Fox.png

#11 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

I am really happy about it, but there is gonna be one developer that'll refuse, I bet.

#12 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

Miyamoto better get to Rockstar cuz people are really mad right now! Lol
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#13 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

Miyamoto better get to Rockstar cuz people are really mad right now! Lol

Because its Miyamoto I am going to assume he is only talking to Japanese Developers which are going to make games that chances are won't leave japan.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 05 November 2012 - 02:37 PM.

#14 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

Yeah I didn't expect GTA on Wii U. The reality is Nintendo is known as a family friendly company. No matter how many copies zombiU sells nothing is going to change that anytime soon. We should all expect the worse and hope for the best when it comes to 3rd party support for Nintendo home consoles.

#15 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

What alternate universe have I traveled into?!

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#16 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

Yeah I didn't expect GTA on Wii U. The reality is Nintendo is known as a family friendly company. No matter how many copies zombiU sells nothing is going to change that anytime soon. We should all expect the worse and hope for the best when it comes to 3rd party support for Nintendo home consoles.

Objection.

If the "family-friendliness" would be a reason why they couldn't get a Rockstar game, then games like No More Heroes would not have appeared on Nintendo consoles.

#17 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

Because its Miyamoto I am going to assume he is only talking to Japanese Developers which are going to make games that chances are won't leave japan.

Then perhaps Reggie is talking to North American devs?!?!?
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#18 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

Objection.

If the "family-friendliness" would be a reason why they couldn't get a Rockstar game, then games like No More Heroes would not have appeared on Nintendo consoles.

Or Madworld.

#19 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

But can they really convince Rockstar to release a GTA or RDD for the console? How much will the games need to be toned down for the Wii U, and will power even play an issue?

Obviously, the Wii U will get better third party support. But a lot of developers that weren't content with the Wii will most likely just ditch the Wii U too.
No sig.

#20 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

Objection.

Or Madworld.

Sure they were released on the Wii but from what I've heard they have not sold particularly well. In the end it's the sales of these 'mature' titles that is going to convince more developers like Rockstar to get on board.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!