#21 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

Wouldn't be surprised of a really short game.. and why do you guys care so much about colourful manuals? You look at them once and never again. I'll still get this eventually because I really like the 2D Mario's.

#22 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

looks nice gonna be one of the first games i pick up

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#23 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

All i have to say is that since they are making another NSMB game at least they didnt make the same exact carbon copy map format like all the others....... oh wait is that a desert world? well at least there isnt the snow wor... umm... well hopefully there isnt an underwater one... damn it.. well at least they added drunk yoshis to spice things up

Edited by Mitch13pavel, 08 November 2012 - 12:52 PM.

#24 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

Wouldn't be surprised of a really short game.. and why do you guys care so much about colourful manuals? You look at them once and never again. I'll still get this eventually because I really like the 2D Mario's.

Were you around when games came in cardboard boxes, the new manual smell was everything. Not only was it nice to have it, but it felt like a nod to the consumer, UMADBRO?!

#25 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

Were you around when games came in cardboard boxes, the new manual smell was everything. Not only was it nice to have it, but it felt like a nod to the consumer, UMADBRO?!

Err, I'm not trying to make anyone mad, nor am I mad.. I was born in 95 and I did have a 64 growing up and I understand what you mean, but I feel no need for manuals in 98% of the games that I play, it's not a big deal.

#26 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

You either appreciate a manual or you don't, but I find it really nice when there is a hefty detailed manual. I really love old manuals like the ones from some of the first Zelda Games, they had some good and interesting information about the games in them.

#27 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Err, I'm not trying to make anyone mad, nor am I mad.. I was born in 95 and I did have a 64 growing up and I understand what you mean, but I feel no need for manuals in 98% of the games that I play, it's not a big deal.

Look man companies are getting cheap and finding ways to cut costs but still charging the same price or more for things, it's just nice as a consumer to get that little bit extra, by the way are you a troll or something, a lot of the posts I've seen from you are rather negative towards the Wii U are you even getting one?

#28 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

Look man companies are getting cheap and finding ways to cut costs but still charging the same price or more for things, it's just nice as a consumer to get that little bit extra, by the way are you a troll or something, a lot of the posts I've seen from you are rather negative towards the Wii U are you even getting one?

Yeah, I'm getting one, just because I disagree with some things doesn't make me a troll, I just don't get why everyone thinks that everything is going to be perfect, I expect the Wii U to fail in a lot of departments, I just hope I'm wrong..

#29 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

Yeah, I'm getting one, just because I disagree with some things doesn't make me a troll, I just don't get why everyone thinks that everything is going to be perfect, I expect the Wii U to fail in a lot of departments, I just hope I'm wrong..

^^^^Smartnuss, getting a console you expect to fail, that's just wrong on soooooo many levels, yeah somethings arn't perfect but I would never by a console on the terms I was convinced it would fail, each to thier own I suppose.

#30 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

^^^^Smartnuss, getting a console you expect to fail, that's just wrong on soooooo many levels, yeah somethings arn't perfect but I would never by a console on the terms I was convinced it would fail, each to thier own I suppose.

. . . I didn't say the console would fail overall, I said it would fail in some departments, I don't think the online functionality will be too great, but I can see now that it will be a whole lot better than the Wii at least, I don't think it will be as powerful as the next gen Sony and Microsoft consoles and I'm concerned about the touch screen (hope it's not like the ds/3ds) and 3rd party support.

Edited by Mournblade, 21 January 2013 - 12:44 PM.

#31 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

. . . I didn't say the console would fail overall, I said it would fail in some departments, I don't think the online functionality will be too great, but I can see now that it will be a whole lot better than the Wii at least, I don't think it will be as powerful as the next gen Sony and Microsoft consoles and I'm concerned about the touch screen (hope it's not like the ds/3ds) and 3rd party support.

• Online will be awesome, yes there will be some kinks but they can be ironed out over a few updates, Have you not seen MiiVerse?
  • The other Next Gen systems will most probably be wayyyyyy over priced, people can't afford that, and the entertainment route that both companies seem to be taking is stupid, at least Nintendo is nothing but a dedicated gaming company.
  • The touch screen is exellent and I havn't even tried it, just look and listen to what everyone has been saying about it, I havn't seen one bad thing about it.
  • Yeah 3rd party support could be a problem, as it stands now I don't think it is, I'm sure Nintendo will pull through for us.
Conversation OVER.

#32 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

• Online will be awesome, yes there will be some kinks but they can be ironed out over a few updates, Have you not seen MiiVerse?
  • The other Next Gen systems will most probably be wayyyyyy over priced, people can't afford that, and the entertainment route that both companies seem to be taking is stupid, at least Nintendo is nothing but a dedicated gaming company.
  • The touch screen is exellent and I havn't even tried it, just look and listen to what everyone has been saying about it, I havn't seen one bad thing about it.
  • Yeah 3rd party support could be a problem, as it stands now I don't think it is, I'm sure Nintendo will pull through for us.
Conversation OVER.

I don't really get Miiverse, it just looks like a hub of all your games and your friends walking around the icons and posting comments, not really all too groundbreaking, but I'm so happy to find that they aren't going with friend codes, too bad no one I know will probably even get one, maybe I'll add some people from here.

#33 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

I don't really get Miiverse, it just looks like a hub of all your games and your friends walking around the icons and posting comments, not really all too groundbreaking, but I'm so happy to find that they aren't going with friend codes, too bad no one I know will probably even get one, maybe I'll add some people from here.

The game icons with the people walking round them is the home screen, not MiiVerse, did you see the Nintendo Direct?

#34 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

The game icons with the people walking round them is the home screen, not MiiVerse, did you see the Nintendo Direct?

Not the latest one, I haven't been up to date on the Wii U in almost 3 weeks, mind linking me?

#35 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

Not the latest one, I haven't been up to date on the Wii U in almost 3 weeks, mind linking me?

https://www.youtube....h?v=PZIpfOEb_80

This is the short version in english, tell me what you think about Wii U now after you've seen this.

http://www.nintendo....1107/index.html

Here is the full Japanese version.

#36 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=PZIpfOEb_80

This is the short version in english, tell me what you think about Wii U now after you've seen this.

http://www.nintendo....1107/index.html

Here is the full Japanese version.

Well, I'm happy to see a view profile button, hopefully you can do a lot with it, I personally don't have a use for video chat but it will be nice to have just in case, I hope the video chat doesn't close your game completely and just pauses it, the thing about watching a show together is a good idea, and I actually did that with the PS3 a few times. But honestly, it's nothing mind blowing.. it doesn't change the core of the online system all that much.

#37 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

Well, I'm happy to see a view profile button, hopefully you can do a lot with it, I personally don't have a use for video chat but it will be nice to have just in case, I hope the video chat doesn't close your game completely and just pauses it, the thing about watching a show together is a good idea, and I actually did that with the PS3 a few times. But honestly, it's nothing mind blowing.. it doesn't change the core of the online system all that much.

Well I think online is gonna be awesome and I think a lot of people on here would agree that Xbox Live and PSN might actually have a serious competitor here in my opinion, Sorry about getting a bit harsh earlier I understand everyone has the ability to form thier own opinion an obviously you have your own, so I can't complain, the world would be a boring place if we were all the same I suppose :)

#38 Slim Shady

Slim Shady

Pls stand up

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

Looks good.

So I get off stage right and drop the mic

Walk up to these hot chicks and im all like

"Sup ladies, my names Slim Shady.

I'm the lead singer in D12 baby"

#39 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

Well I think online is gonna be awesome and I think a lot of people on here would agree that Xbox Live and PSN might actually have a serious competitor here in my opinion, Sorry about getting a bit harsh earlier I understand everyone has the ability to form thier own opinion an obviously you have your own, so I can't complain, the world would be a boring place if we were all the same I suppose :)

I doubt Sony and Microsoft could do anything much extra with the next gen consoles, considering it's a console you're pretty limited with online functionality without a keyboard and mouse, and no problem.

#40 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

I love reading game manuals, especially if they're colorful.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!