Photo

Can I Use The Pro Controller For 2 Player Games Instead Of Wii Motion Plus?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

Games like Scribblenauts Unlimited and Tank! Tank! Tank! I am buying for me and my fiancee to play together, she is just as exited for Wii U as me, but one thing is really bothering me, all the games that are more than one player constantly mention Wii Motion Plus with the GamePad is how you play, well I've never owned a Wii so I have none of the Accessories plus a tight budget is stopping me from buying Wii Motion Plus controllers they are £38!!!!!!! But I'm getting a Pro Controller with my ZombiU Bundle, Please God let my fiancee be able to use that, do you guys know? If I can't use my Pro Controller with 2 player games NINTENDO IS DOING IT WRONG, Wiimotes are LAST GEN!

#2 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

The only one I know for sure is ZombiU and I don't see why not for Tank! Tank! Tank! I'm not really sure about SN:U.

#3 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

It's game specific. You'd have to check the back of the game boxes, or read the control options in the eShop if the title is digital.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#4 Skaar

Skaar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

If a game supports it sure.
unfortunately if there is no pro pad logo on the back of the box its a no go.
im in the same boat as you though an i am looking at having to buy at least 2 wii motes and 2 nunchuck things just so my kids can play games.. i get it though allot of games use motion and the pro cant do that.. just sucks i am going to have to have so many different controllers just to play the very first launch games.
Posted Image

#5 GoodGuy

GoodGuy

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

Thats what I was saying in the other thread, they messed up with all the different controllers

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

http://www.amazon.co...52450651&sr=8-1
20 pounds.

Wiimotes don't have to have motion plus, you'd be better off investing in the motion plus version, but if you're on a budget and just want a simple 2 player game, it's worth it.
Also, secondhand or third party wiimotes are dirt cheap.
They're this gen too.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 rich100

rich100

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, zelda, halo

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

im in same boat that why i bought 2nd hand third party remotes from ebay with wii plus buikt i

im in same boat that why i bought 2nd hand third party remotes from ebay with wii plus buit in i got ( 4 wii remote plus, 4 nun chucks, 4 classic controller pros) was £60 for the whole lot not bad at all, i also pre ordered 2 wii u pro contollers im trting to cover all the angles so that games that need remotes i got them VC games will need classic controllers i have them and then got the pro controller which i rather use when i can

just to add these third party one look exactly the same and feelthe same as official ones just with out nintendo logo

#8 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

As Aussie mentioned, it would be game specific. Just like with the games on the Wii, whether it was able to support more than one Wiimote would be up to the game developers.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#9 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:41 AM

http://www.amazon.co...52450651&sr=8-1
20 pounds.

Wiimotes don't have to have motion plus, you'd be better off investing in the motion plus version, but if you're on a budget and just want a simple 2 player game, it's worth it.
Also, secondhand or third party wiimotes are dirt cheap.
They're this gen too.

OCD, I got it

If a game supports it sure.
unfortunately if there is no pro pad logo on the back of the box its a no go.
im in the same boat as you though an i am looking at having to buy at least 2 wii motes and 2 nunchuck things just so my kids can play games.. i get it though allot of games use motion and the pro cant do that.. just sucks i am going to have to have so many different controllers just to play the very first launch games.

Crap ennit, love your new sig by the way :D

Thats what I was saying in the other thread, they messed up with all the different controllers

I think they very badly messed up, Wiimotes are last gen, the Wii U games should have been developed for the Pro Controller and GamePad only.

The only one I know for sure is ZombiU and I don't see why not for Tank! Tank! Tank! I'm not really sure about SN:U.

I hope it is for Scribblenauts, that game looks epic, especially 2 player.

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:16 AM

OCD, I got it

I don't get it.

Edited by Nollog, 09 November 2012 - 06:16 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

I don't get it.

I have OCD, Obsesive Compulsive Disorder.

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

Well you could import a wiimote from Japan or America, they're the same and cheaper. Will work fine too on EU consoles.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:37 AM

Well you could import a wiimote from Japan or America, they're the same and cheaper. Will work fine too on EU consoles.

Thanks for the tip, I'll take a look.

#14 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

Games like Scribblenauts Unlimited and Tank! Tank! Tank! I am buying for me and my fiancee to play together, she is just as exited for Wii U as me, but one thing is really bothering me, all the games that are more than one player constantly mention Wii Motion Plus with the GamePad is how you play, well I've never owned a Wii so I have none of the Accessories plus a tight budget is stopping me from buying Wii Motion Plus controllers they are £38!!!!!!! But I'm getting a Pro Controller with my ZombiU Bundle, Please God let my fiancee be able to use that, do you guys know? If I can't use my Pro Controller with 2 player games NINTENDO IS DOING IT WRONG, Wiimotes are LAST GEN!

I think there should be more support for the Pro controller. The Gamepad is great, but some gamers like the more traditional controller. I agree that Wiimotes are last gen. That's why they should be using Wiimote+.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#15 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

Got a 2 motion plus wii mote and nunchecks for $17 ea. Shipped from ebay n NJ.
But the controller will depend upon game.
I believe most wii u games can use a wiimote n nunchuck or pro controller.
Either way its no big deal as its a second player.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#16 Sargon

Sargon

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

Yes they did. I think that is going to be one of the biggest issues with the Wii U. There are just way too many controller options. I don't know why Nintendo made things so complicated, but I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of confused customers.

#17 rich100

rich100

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, zelda, halo

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

well game pad be the main controller for everygame, but when comes to multiplayer most likely need wii reomte plus and nun chucks, with some allowing you to use classic controller pro and wii u pro, i got 4 2in 1 wii remotes on ebay, 4 nun chucks, and 4 classic controller pros (all un official but works fine) all that for a total of £60 i also prdered 2 wii u pro controllers

#18 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

I'm not 100% sure but I think black ops lets you use the pro controller to.

#19 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

Yeah you can use pro controller for black ops 2.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!