Photo

Will I need a pro controller on launch day?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 bigpapa7272

bigpapa7272

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    COD, Mario Kart,

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

Will I need a pro controller on launch day? Parents want to buy me a few wii u accessories for christmas, is it one of those accessories I could do with out on launch day? I already have a couple wiimotes(one is a motion plus) a classic controller from original wii that bit the dust during Sandy.
Posted Image

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

Yes you can do without it. But if they want to get it for you... Would you say no?

You can use it in the local multiplayer of zombiu and call of duty.
Not too sure about the other launch games.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 rich100

rich100

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, zelda, halo

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

you wont really need one unless your planning on zombiu multiplayer, it be interesting to see if those games that do you wii u pro controller will let you use the wii classic controller pro that you plug into the wii remote instead

#4 Terraquven

Terraquven

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

You don't need one on launch day as all titles released on launch day can be played via the Wii U Pad but if you like playing on a traditional gaming controller more then by all means go for it. Wii U Pro Controller is a Day 1 buy for me.

#5 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

Most likely not. I doubt there will be any games which are only playable with the Pro Comtroller. Any game that uses it should also work with the Gamepad.

#6 bigpapa7272

bigpapa7272

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    COD, Mario Kart,

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

right now I think i'll let them get that for me between console mario, another game and a nerf armor for the wii u gamepad I think im investing enough on launch day. Also I have them on the hook for Rapala pro fishing which comes out in december.(pun intended)
Posted Image

#7 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

You would probably need it if you want to play a local multiplayer game, but I won't be getting on until later.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#8 deerang

deerang

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

Like other people said you don't really need it, but if it's for xmas then sure get one.

#9 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

Like other people said you don't really need it, but if it's for xmas then sure get one.

However considering it's price is has to be around the same as a game I'd go for a game instead.

#10 deerang

deerang

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

However considering it's price is has to be around the same as a game I'd go for a game instead.

Good point, yeah i would go for a game too.

#11 korgamer

korgamer

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

I'm buying one later for sure, but not necessary at launch. I need a wii remote plus and nunchucks! Can't wait to play the wii games I've missed.

#12 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

Maybe I'm missing something but surely the great thing about the wii u is the awesome gamepad with the screen which not only functions as a normal joypad but has a huge touch screen in the middle with additional action on it or maps and tons of over stuff to enhance the games. I would of thought for 99.9% of single player experiences it will be the controller of choice and for the few games that don't use it, it will probably need the wii remote rather than the pro controller.

I'd rather have an additional game than a pro controller myself.

#13 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

I don't need it it's just nice to get it with my ZombiU bundle

#14 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

I'm not totally sure why people ARE getting one on launch day. I'll admit I'm not completely sold on the Gamepad myself, but I'm not going to abandon it DAY 1 after dropping $350 on the system. I don't care how "used" to a 360 controller I am...and I am going to get Black Ops 2 for the Wii U, I'll give the gamepad a fighting chance.

#15 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

If you plan on playing COD or Tekken Tag 2, then yes.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!