Photo

Anybody who wont get wii U at launch day?

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#41 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

I am not comparing, pc is always better, HOW IS IT possible in your tiny mind, to consider any console in the planet, comparing with a pc, are u mad?... Maybe you are a console funboy and nothing more... nobody can say something different than that.. I am not snicking when I say, wii U is expensive for what it offers... Not worth it as a hardware (for me) and I cant offer that money for wii U. So I will wait till the price drops..

I am a pc gamer I cant hide it and THERE IS NO NEED to compare any console with a pc... pc is the ground 0.. I said it before... Comparison is, wii U vs ps4, or nextbox... not a PC.. pc kick the water out of them, all... The only difference with consolers, is the exclusives and features may have (eg touch screen, that nobody cares in a pc, BUT NINTENDO may use wise and offer great software for it, so its a unique experience), nintendo with mario, zelda, etc games and other companies with their games. But through my very bad experience with xbox360, I wont buy nextbox either ways.

So nobody have to speak about comparison. PC CANNOT be compared, its so versatile. Maybe it bothers you that I am a pc gamer? I cant help you with that... If i tell you that I love shoes, the smell of the leather (instead of gtx680) the disign, comfort, brand, color (instead of dx11) etc, and I tell you that WII U IS expensive and I prefer to buy shoes than wii U, till the price drops, what are you going to say... If I love anything that has nothing to do with technology, but the same essence... what are you going to say?? So keep that essence and stop telling me about comparison...

Edited by Orion, 15 November 2012 - 12:02 PM.

#42 roro5pm

roro5pm

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

I am not comparing, pc is always better, HOW IS IT possible in your tiny mind, to consider any console in the planet, comparing with a pc, are u mad?... Maybe you are a console funboy and nothing more... nobody can say something different than that.. I am not snicking when I say, wii U is expensive for what it offers... Not worth it as a hardware (for me) and I cant offer that money for wii U. So I will wait till the price drops..

I am a pc gamer I cant hide it and THERE IS NO NEED to compare any console with a pc... pc is the ground 0.. I said it before... Comparison is wii U vs ps4, or nextbox... not a PC.. pc kick the water out of them, all... The only differense with consolers, is the exclusives, nintendo with mario, zelda, etc games and other companies with their games. But through my very bad experience with xbox360, I wont buy nextbox eother ways.

So nobody have to speak about comparison. PC CANNOT be compared.

i get there is no need to compare IDIOT! not once in MY posts have i puffed my chest out and say consoles have this and that! yet here you are stating every single edge PC's have! DUH MORON, of course i know pc's are far superior, they develop games for consoles on PC's. dev kits for the ps4 and nextbox ARE PC's!! stop stating the obvious! but like i said, this post started about a person who wants to penny pinch for video games. if you had a good career we wouldn't be having this amusing discussion about why your money should be saved for this or that! lol!! me personally, i'll have the best of both worlds! console and pc's! simple!! by the way.....i am blessed with the luxury to have an awesome career where i work 3 times a week and kick my feet up on my off days to be amused by people like yourself. lol tiny mind? please, tiny minds don't need to worry about money. you're the one with the tiny mind....and based on your situation....a tiny pocket book as well. good day!

Edited by roro5pm, 15 November 2012 - 11:49 AM.

#43 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

i only buy pc and nintendo, nintendo consoles are the only realiable ones, xbox and ps3 are like mess of a desing, they break, games dont work properly/ lots of crashes in some games , you cant expect pc MMOrpgs and strategy games on consoles lol thats why i have a pc, i play mostly Blizzard games and strategy games on the pc

but thanks god i dont need a high end pc to play that games

Edited by Stormage09, 15 November 2012 - 12:30 PM.

Posted Image

#44 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

roro ur a roro, forget it...

Stormage, its not only mmos and strategy and you may be surprised with wii U and ps4 and whatever this time, because they have the horse power (L cache for cpu calculations, 1-2mb and its more than enough) to hold up an extremely high AI in a strategy game, with intense battles, even offline mods. So the strategy game ports (pc to consoles), are going to be flawless.
I assume you play wow and diablo 3... I quited wow 1 and a half y ago, and I didnt bought diablo 3... I play swtor and guild wars 2 at this point.. And I think, blizzard may move world of warcraft into wii U also, because they turned it to be very casual... And is going to be a nice adition for nintendo like games..

Titan is going to be for the hardcores (pc only)

Edited by Orion, 15 November 2012 - 12:29 PM.

#45 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

do whatever you want, every platform is a different way of life-style, im happy with mine ;) i dont see the point of this tread anyways, i think you are confused.
Posted Image

#46 Triple Digit

Triple Digit

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

i think this thread should read : "I am not getting this amazing spanking new system so let me come up with ANY excuse to stop me from being overly upset"

#47 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

So let me get this straight, you know what L cache is, but don't know that the Wii's GPU has twice the pipelines of the GC's in addition to higher clock speed?

I actually see where you're coming from. But you need some help with your arguments. Like I heard Nintendo was making only a 50 dollar profit on the Wii when they were selling it for 250. And judging by their losses now, they needed that money.

#48 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

I will not buy it at launch day, or the month after and the reason is, wii U tech is not that expensive to cost us 400 euro!! 600 dollars!!! (to be more specific the price starts from 380 euros and goes up, depends the store).

So, I will wait, till price drops, dramatic price drops. I was expecting it, for about 250-270, with this tech and as a new system... Not 400!!! (and without hdd) My delay also, may give some nice benefits in bundles, also a wii U with ethernet port? (plus more games to choose from).

here is a list of shops for the premium packet https://www.skroutz....-Pack-32GB.html
and here is wii U with only 8 (3gigs of usable data) https://www.skroutz....c-Pack-8GB.html

No offense but your posts in this thread just indicate the level of your naively and ignorance. If you think a mid range PC is better value for money then a Wii U then go buy one of those and stop trolling with threads like this.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 15 November 2012 - 12:44 PM.

#49 coolsarahkry

coolsarahkry

Blooper

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Avatar:TLA, Glee

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

yes I'm getting it at launch
Posted Imageby cerberuz

#50 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

I don't think he's trolling Gamejunkie. But he needs some help with his arguments.

#51 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

Knowing my luck, my pre-ordered U won't arrive on launch day (hopefully it will).
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#52 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

I don't think he's trolling Gamejunkie. But he needs some help with his arguments.

OK maybe I was a bit harsh with my comments but his posts lack any validity and what he says makes no sense. He certainly had no idea of the cost of the Wii U or how it differed from the PC market which is far larger and far more mature. It's just plain silly and ridiculous to compare the cost of PC's to the Wii U.

#53 Bleu

Bleu

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi's Island

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

I will not be getting the Wii U on launch day. I'm waiting for the price to drop or a good bundle to come out.

Posted Image

#54 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

I will not be getting the Wii U on launch day. I'm waiting for the price to drop or a good bundle to come out.

A price drop probably won't be for a long time, but they may have some bundles around Christmas.

#55 Bleu

Bleu

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi's Island

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

A price drop probably won't be for a long time, but they may have some bundles around Christmas.

That's what I was thinking.

Posted Image

#56 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

You're not going to see a price drop for quite some time. Nintendo has said they learnt from their mistake with the 3DS pricing where they had to drop the price so early. They have decided to price the Wii U lower then they would have liked and are taking a loss on it. The Gamepad is the main reason why it costs as much as it does. If they had gone with a traditional controller like making the Pro Controller as the standard default one the console would have cost a lot less.

#57 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

I'm not. Waiting for a JRPG.

#58 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

Seriously, why have you come to a Wii U fan forums, to moan and give ridiculous reasons as to why you're not buying it?

1. You have a lot of time on your hands, and maybe you should invest it into something useful, like volunteering for a charity, helping an elderly neighbour with their gardening etc.
2. We honestly don't care. 98% of us on this website WANT a Wii U, and the people that aren't buying on launch day, is because they are younger, and have to wait until Christmas.

I bet a thread lock in 3 more posts.
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#59 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

X-sourapple-x hahahahaha ur funny with ur statement!! Its good nintendo fan sites to know, what customers believe! With ur gardening and charity programs, u dont help at all!!... I am against charities, I could explain you why, if you want me to.

And I am 33 y old! But I think I said it, I will buy other stuff... shoes.. :blink:

Edited by Orion, 15 November 2012 - 02:25 PM.

#60 Eggplante!

Eggplante!

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

Following Nintendo's trend, we won't see a price drop on Wii U until 2015. The Wii stayed at the original price from November 2006 to September 2009, nearly three full years.

It will also depend on supply and demand. If we have the same shortages with Wii U that we did with Wii, there is no way Nintendo will be cutting the price in the first two years, and it certainly won't be happening within months.

Eggplante!com
video games, music, movies, concerts, photography
…and more!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!