• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

Which system will be more popular with the general consumer? And which will have larger availibility?

On Wii forums, the Deluxe is pretty popular. But forum-goers tend to be informed on what's going on with the memory and how 8GB = 3GB. I think that the Basic will be more popular with the general consumer than with us.

#2 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

Basic will be popular with parents that aren't in the know how, buying for their kids.
Deluxe is more popular with people like us.
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#3 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

Basic will be popular with parents that aren't in the know how, buying for their kids.
Deluxe is more popular with people like us.

As said ^

But i do know my gamestop had only 8 deluxe up for preorder and around 24-26 basic. Untill they had to stop taking preorders.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#4 Manny T. Starr

Manny T. Starr

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, LoZ, Pokemon

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

Pretty much what Sour Apple said. Those who are just buying the thing as a pacifier for their kids aren't gonna go for the more expensive, deluxe version. I mean... why would they? Right?

#5 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

There seems to be a lot more basic models being produced so it will sell more regardless. The deluxe will be more popular just because it's black, has a Nintendo game bundled, and comes with a digital bonus. It just hits a lot of bases at once, even though I personally don't like black or care much about Nintendo Land lol.
Posted Image

#6 Luca

Luca

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

There seems to be a lot more basic models being produced so it will sell more regardless. The deluxe will be more popular just because it's black, has a Nintendo game bundled, and comes with a digital bonus. It just hits a lot of bases at once, even though I personally don't like black or care much about Nintendo Land lol.

I don't think the black has anything to do with it, I wanted a white Wii U to match my Wii, but I wanted the deluxe more. I think Nintendo Land is the main pull of the deluxe. You get a $60 game for $50 extra, and more space, too. Great deal, which is why it'll sell more. Although, if someone is getting Wii U as a present for someone else, or their young children, they'll go with basic. If you're buying for yourself, or you asked your parents to get it for you, you'll most likely get deluxe.

#7 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

I used to think that the color didn't really matter, but when I saw the white on at GameStop, I'm glad I got the deluxe because I don't know if it was dirty or what but it was just kind of plain and a little ugly looking in white.

#8 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

I used to think that the color didn't really matter, but when I saw the white on at GameStop, I'm glad I got the deluxe because I don't know if it was dirty or what but it was just kind of plain and a little ugly looking in white.

^this

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

I dont care about nintendoland, I want zombi u, I dont care about internal storage as Im plugging in a hard drive anyways. Download incentive doesnt mean much to me, as I prefer hard copies, the stands are pretty stupid, and Im pretty sure 3rd parties are going to release electromagnetic induction recharge pads which make the cradle look really stupid.

Not worth the extra 50 bucks to me.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

I don't think the black has anything to do with it, I wanted a white Wii U to match my Wii, but I wanted the deluxe more. I think Nintendo Land is the main pull of the deluxe. You get a $60 game for $50 extra, and more space, too. Great deal, which is why it'll sell more. Although, if someone is getting Wii U as a present for someone else, or their young children, they'll go with basic. If you're buying for yourself, or you asked your parents to get it for you, you'll most likely get deluxe.

I've seen several people here mention they're getting the deluxe for black, and if anything they could just sell off Nintendo Land. Black is both the color of "professionalism" and by extension, "hardcore", adult, cool. People usually like their entertainment centers to match, and that usually means having black hardware. The only time white is seen as professional or cool is if it's used in a sterile scientific matter, or it has a bitten fruit on it. Since there's so much appeal to getting black for most people, even if half of it is subconscious, and you get freebies that you can sell off to make the difference, I think black will be the most popular.

But yeah, I'm one of those people who prefer white but are considering Deluxe for the 10% digital bonus.
Posted Image

#11 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

I'm one of those people who prefer black, but ended up having to get a white one for preordering just a day too late. :(

#12 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

I would think that the basic wii U would be have a larger availability

wjapt2.jpg

#13 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

I'm one of those people who prefer black, but ended up having to get a white one for preordering just a day too late. :(

Weird seeing that username without a Boo lol. If I were you I'd just wait until I could get my preferred color. xD Then again I do have a huge backlog to hold me over.
Posted Image

#14 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

NO matter what color wii u you get both are really nice looking systems and even people wit h the 32 gig hardrive will be adding externals.
Posted Image

#15 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

Weird seeing that username without a Boo lol. If I were you I'd just wait until I could get my preferred color. xD Then again I do have a huge backlog to hold me over.

You reminded me to add it, haha. And I would've waited, but I am quite impatient. :/ I'm just glad I even got to reserve one, or I'd be pretty upset.

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

I told a few people I know that the Duluxe is the better set, so my social circle is pretty well informed.

#17 Varg

Varg

Spiny

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Fandom:
    FInal Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

The exact opposite of what everyone is saying in the beginning of the thread. Parents will want to get the game pack in for their children and people in general who like the color. As everyone can see from the quick looks of the gamepad and system, the thing looks absolutely disgusting with the greasy fingerprints all over it. Its not something you can control even if you are super duper clean and careful. I will be picking up the white one due to this huge oversight along with two games and a classic controller. I predict MANY moans and complaints on the deluxe version once its in everyone's daily lives. The internal flash memory is laughable on both systems, so your going to need an external HDD for both.

Edited by Varg, 15 November 2012 - 08:46 PM.

#18 just2good

just2good

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

Am I the only one who got the white one? :unsure:
I mostly got it as all the store near me were sold out with the black one. And, I'm waiting for Black Friday to get Nintendo Land.

#19 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

Am I the only one who got the white one? :unsure:
I mostly got it as all the store near me were sold out with the black one. And, I'm waiting for Black Friday to get Nintendo Land.

Was gonna get the white one since I prefer the color but figured the 10% digital promotion was worth the 50 bucks. Since I won't always want to wait a year to buy a physical game on sale lol.
Posted Image

#20 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

not sure why Nintendo made two different versions in the first place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!