• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Miss iperfect

Miss iperfect

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

So.my bf got a wii u today.we picked it up got home and started downloading the system update. Well whiwhile downloading the update our power went off. When we got it back on and tried to turn the wii u back on the blue button comes on but now theres no picture on the screen and the gamepad now aays it cannot connect to the console. Please help anyone have this problem? We called nintendo support and they said we have to send the console off to them. But seriously this kind of day one issue and his console is broken! There has to be some sort of solution. Anyone? PLEASE HELP!

#2 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

Some of the problems with the GamePad are really bothering me now, some people are saying it won't connect to the console and 1 dude over in the IGN forums said that he has the image of the last game he played burned into the GamePad screen, really worrying.....................

#3 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

There is nothing that can be done but take it to Nintendo or see if the store can give you a new one. Turning the system off during the update has been said to cause the system to brick

Also, this is normal for some bad systems out at a new system launch.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#4 Miss iperfect

Miss iperfect

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

Thats not the problem tho.everything was working..but now the consoles blue light turns on when he turns on the console but there is no picture on the tv and now the gamepad doesnt work. everything WAS fine but now none of it works..the console doesnt turn on and neither does the gamepad. This should be a day 1 issue..im just hoping there is some kind of solution bexuase having to send it into the company is kond of ridiculous.day 1i and already the console is broken..there has to be a solution

#5 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

you got a bricked console if you loose power during a system update your screwed same goes wit hps3
Posted Image

#6 Miss iperfect

Miss iperfect

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

Well i know the store wont give us a new one because they are sold out..and they said since its new we cannot return it to gamestop..

wow that sucks..its not fair that he spent $400 and their system isnt even able to handle something like that. This sucks

#7 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

Well i know the store wont give us a new one because they are sold out..and they said since its new we cannot return it to gamestop..

wow that sucks..its not fair that he spent $400 and their system isnt even able to handle something like that. This sucks

Its not the systems fault all elctronics that have sysetm update if you lose power or shutoff the console during the update you are screwed its in the directions. Also there is an auto shut off feature when there is no activity for a period of time this option should be turned off first.

This person only has 3 posts I just noticed I hope this isent a troll just posting thats a fanboy of another system.
Posted Image

#8 Miss iperfect

Miss iperfect

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

Ive lost power during an xbox system update before and it turned back on no problem. Just had to redownload update..but thats just ridiculous.its irrotating. It wasnt our fault. Didnt even get to try a game or anything. Now we have 3 video games we cant even try

Just a huge disappoontment.u think for $400 u wouldnt have issues like this

#9 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

Well here it's more or less confirmed not to turn off the Wii U during the system update, looks like your not the only one http://www.ign.com/b...ii-u.452757286/

#10 SonicHyuga

SonicHyuga

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • NNID:SonicHyuga
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Animal Crossing

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

A system update must be downloaded first. While it's downloading and the power goes out, you are likely to be alright, because the system hasn't started applying the update just yet.

Your Xbox Update likely was downloading the update when the power went out. Which is alright in this case, since it wasn't applying it. For the WiiU's case, it was probably already installing the files. This likely interrupted the process causing files to make your system run "go corrupt".

You are greeted with a warning stating what can happen when you update, and you accepted it. After that point you are liable for what happens after it.

Edited by SonicHyuga, 18 November 2012 - 11:29 AM.

Posted Image

#11 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

It happens. It sucks, but it doesn't matter what it is. You can get a new BMW and have failures on day one. so far I'm not experiencing issues and I've been playing all day. Must be a weird fluke that caused the system to shut down and brick itself.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#12 Miss iperfect

Miss iperfect

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

But we didnt shut it off lol.lost power. Its just dumb. Oh well.cant do anything about it. Thanks anyways

#13 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

Can we turn off the auto shutoff feature before the system update would suck for some one to be updating and the auto shutoff feature kicks in.
Posted Image

#14 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

I know it was out your control but when a computer is updating the main software..it's generally a bad idea to turn it off half way through. It's most likely corrupted now and yes it will have to go back. It's not the wiiU being faulty..just bad luck

#15 Varg

Varg

Spiny

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Fandom:
    FInal Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

Same thing happened to my first Xbox . Lost power mid update and the damn thing bricked on me . Just gotta accept these types of things as early adopters. I'm sure nintendo will hook you up seeing the poor situation your in

#16 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

I hear a lot of peeps saying they shouldnt have allowed the update to be interrupted but 5gb day one update?really nintendo methinks its a wee bit much.Just my 2 cents
Posted Image

#17 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

Once more shipments arrive bring it in with the receipt. Your warranty will cover you. When I get one the first thing I'm doing is registering it with Club Nintendo as you can get a free warranty extension.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#18 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

But we didnt shut it off lol.lost power. Its just dumb. Oh well.cant do anything about it. Thanks anyways

Shut it off loses power, lose power it loses power, same outcome, not rocket science.

Edited by UnchainedGoku, 18 November 2012 - 01:04 PM.

#19 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

thats why when system updates happeb make sure you have a back up power supply.
Im sorry your system doesnt work.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#20 Miss iperfect

Miss iperfect

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

Clearly its not rocket science. Oh well i dont really care anymore. I just know now. Im stickin to my xbox anyway lol. It was for my bf. Nintendo will fix it and we'll b good to go. No worries

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!