• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

A 5GB update ! feel sorry for the people with the normal version with only 8GB of storage, i think this is going to cause huge problems in a few years time when there have been many many updates.

#22 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

Really cant get that rather than question a 5gb day one update people are like its not science etc.A five gb day 1 update is not acceptable 2 gb maybe 5gb ?
Posted Image

#23 Pong

Pong

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

Can we turn off the auto shutoff feature before the system update would suck for some one to be updating and the auto shutoff feature kicks in.

I doubt the Wii U turns itself off while it's updating.

#24 Doowaadiddy

Doowaadiddy

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

I never even got to see my system boot. Seems it was bricked in the box.
Unboxed, hooked up, hit the power button and.... The blue light flashes and nothing is on the TV.
Turn on the gamepad and it says to turn on my TV (which is on) and power on my Wii U (which is also on).
So all I got was a shiny black box with a blinking blue light.
And being that they are sold out everywhere I elected to call Nintendo and they are sending me repair shipping info.
It is registered now though which is apparently a good thing. Pretty disappointing to get a brand new system on day 1 and it doesn't even boot up.
I've attempted a few google searches to see what the flashing blue light means but so far I've not seen anything. All I can do is wait for Nintendo's packing slip and info, drop my system, power cord, and HDMI into a fedex box and await a new one that hopefully at least boots up before I brick it (as I've seen other people describe).

#25 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

I doubt the Wii U turns itself off while it's updating.

Well that's where you're wrong, because it does.
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#26 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

5GB!!!!! thats some update. Seems like Nintendo rushed it a bit to get consoles out for christmas. The hardware appears to be ready but the software wasn't. These teething troubles will be sorted out though. There is light at the end of the tunnel. I shall be super careful when I get mine. It will be annoying not being able to use it for however long 5GB takes to download. Even as I write that again its hard to accept 5GB. Thats like every bit of system software having to be downloaded.

#27 Vbosch

Vbosch

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

When i try and play a game it says preparing update, and doesn't go past that. Anyone have any ideas?

#28 HotInEER

HotInEER

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Walking Dead

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

I never even got to see my system boot. Seems it was bricked in the box.
Unboxed, hooked up, hit the power button and.... The blue light flashes and nothing is on the TV.
Turn on the gamepad and it says to turn on my TV (which is on) and power on my Wii U (which is also on).
So all I got was a shiny black box with a blinking blue light.
And being that they are sold out everywhere I elected to call Nintendo and they are sending me repair shipping info.
It is registered now though which is apparently a good thing. Pretty disappointing to get a brand new system on day 1 and it doesn't even boot up.
I've attempted a few google searches to see what the flashing blue light means but so far I've not seen anything. All I can do is wait for Nintendo's packing slip and info, drop my system, power cord, and HDMI into a fedex box and await a new one that hopefully at least boots up before I brick it (as I've seen other people describe).

Same thing happend to me, so many other issues, I thought I was the only one. I recommend you wait and get a new one, why pay for a new item and then get a refurbished/repaired unit that you have to pay to ship back, and then pay to get back. No thank you.

#29 Doowaadiddy

Doowaadiddy

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

I think (how it was described to me over the phone) that they are making me a postage paid packing slip. So it shouldn't cost me anything. And I believe it's unlikely they will repair it. Just verify that it is simply a paperweight and drop a new one in the return mail. I'll see when I get their stuff. If they pay the shipping then I'll send it. If not I'll re-box it and return it.

#30 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

Man this sucks, everyone seems to be complaining about how there system isn't working.
Hopefully these issues are ironed out for the Australian release.

But seriously Nintendo should have realised these issues before it was released.
The update should have been a bug fix, nothing else.

Edited by AndyG, 18 November 2012 - 03:23 PM.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#31 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

Gaiz. I hear it's more like 1GB. It's just the account data and OS taking up 4-5GB.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!