Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

http://www.anandtech...-wii-u-teardown

#2 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

I just read the whole article, NINTENDO WHAT THE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUU
UUUUU?????????????

This is just so wrong, so very wrong.

#3 Ravyu

Ravyu

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Batman, Link and NINTENDO

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

Well that sucks
A rare 12 Year Old that thinks Nintendo is godly.
PC Specs- http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hUYw

#4 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

I'm beginning to think this console isn't going to be a 1080p killer like I thought it'd end up being.

#5 Mitchjg216

Mitchjg216

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

I'm getting a little nervous. The looks of the launch titles, however, lead me to believe that the games on here will look awesome in a couple years. We'll see I guess.

Edited by Mitchjg216, 18 November 2012 - 07:41 PM.

#6 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

When I linked this article, it said 6.4GB. Now they're saying it's incorrect and it's 12.8GB (which is better).

#7 HotInEER

HotInEER

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Walking Dead

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

This is just getting worse and worse. Why did Nintendo take the cheap route on this system. They should have taken the time to do this right, especially if the PS4 and Xbox 720 is coming out next year, or 2014. Seems like they rushed to get it out to make as much as they could at the Holidays and new year. They will probably release a newer version with all the kinks worked out in 6 months or so, and then people will make excuses for them saying it's the price you pay for buying something new. I never understood that, you pay good money for something that should work, and people make excuses saying first day launch, or you should have known new systems would have issues. No I didn't, and they shouldn't have released a product that is not finished. This is not a beta unit, it's the finished product. Hopefully it's all softwear related and they can speed some things up. If not, I'll just return it.

#8 Ravyu

Ravyu

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Batman, Link and NINTENDO

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

How in the heck is that thing selling at a loss? The console itself sounds like $120. The gamepad can't be $200. I even find it hard to believe its $150. Something is fishy...
A rare 12 Year Old that thinks Nintendo is godly.
PC Specs- http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hUYw

#9 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

I think the Wii U is expensive because it's compact.

#10 Mitchjg216

Mitchjg216

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

When I linked this article, it said 6.4GB. Now they're saying it's incorrect and it's 12.8GB (which is better).

Wow. They said it was half of what is was? That sounds better.

#11 lorddionigi

lorddionigi

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

well i've been on mine all day and it's a beast, i don't have a ps4 but it blows my 360 away, paid 350 almost for my x-box less then a year ago

#12 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

I think they opened up a regular Wii by mistake.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#13 notaclownshoe

notaclownshoe

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

lol at cool aid drinking herp derps 17 gb was a lie and 12 gb is an even bigger lie YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT 12GB FEEDS THAT HUGE OS RAM AND TH
E GAME RAM yes and the disc drive is made from unicorns teeth and its solor powered and theres little miis inside also

cool aid drinkers all around me you need to get with reality and climb down of the anandtech unicorn they lied about gamecube and there lying now LOL at slurp slurp on that anandtech cool aid

xbox 360 gddr3 128 bit bus 700 mhz = 24 gb

powerpc 45nm 32 bit runs on a 800 mhz 128 bit ring bus so at 800mhz gddr3 or ddr3 = 28gb bandwidth (keep slurping anti nintendo lie cool aid if thats your bag doesnt bother me i have a brain of my own)

so the rumors suggest 800 ish mhz speed of ram we also know that at 45nm the bus for powerpc = 128 bit not 64 bit ANANDTECH LIE TO YOU

so at 800mhz and 128bit the bandwidth = 28gb lol at anand tech lying thru there teeth directly into your face and a even bigger CLOWN SHOE TO YOU PEOPLE BEIEVING A SINGLE WORD OF IT

WELL DONE YOU PAST THE CLOWN SHOE TEST ANANDTECH WILL GLADLY FILL YOUR MINDS WITH MORE LIES

12 gb is only 50% higher than Wiis main ram do you seriously believe that wii main ram = 8gb total bandwith is like 28gb edram and 8gb main ram YOUR NOW TELLING ME WIIU HAS LESS BANDWIDTH THAN Wii you people need help as in SPECIAL NEEDS HELP silly ponyATION IS A TERRIBLE AFFLICTION

if the 2gb ram is a single bus then its 128bit if the 2gb ram is 1gb per bus then its likely 128bit plus 32 bit or maybe 64 bit x 2 but i doubt that

12gb ram so the wiiu has bandwidth = to a ipad 3 LOL FOR EVEN SUGGESTING SUCH A TOTAL HORSE SH%T PACK OF LIES YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOUR SELFS

anandtech also lied about the gamecube specs but like the clowns you are you dont remeber that i remember like it was yesterday cuss i dont drive a silly car around in silly cloths with big shoes on and make up and a rosey red nose

clown shoes the lot of u

anandtech are clowns the 3rd bit is some off chip memory WRONG its the dsp or the ARM back ground cpu the edram is on the gpu logic and the cpu the 3rd blob is clearly the dsp or the ARM to a normal real tech savy hardcore not a fake ass core at anandtech LOL

the wii gddr3 bandwidth was 5.2gb blar blar blar UTTER CRAAP it was 4gb it was 243mhz x2 channel = 4gb the 1t sram was 486mhz 2x clock as its not dualchannel and 64bit bus 4gb bandwidth

there calculating a bandwidth of 6.4gb then they think oh we gone to far with the nintendo hate lets make it 12gb we dont actually know but are intention is to HATE on nintendos wii U so lets say a pathetic 6.4 then a 12gb lie afterwards BECAUSE WE HAVNT A CLUE REALLY LOL

128 bit 800 mhz = 28gb bandwidth 128bit 700mhz = 24gb bandwidth = x360

stopo going to the funny clown show for your serious tech info go to someone credible LIKE MII

wasnt you people told maybe 2 years ago that powerpc 32 bit was 45nm and uses a 128bit ring bus @ 800mhz please for the sake of above chimp inteligence try reading wen a inteligent person gives you the low down LOL @ ANTI NINTENDO AN AND TECH

AND DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK THERE TELLING THE TRUTH PLEASE STOP LOOKING TO THE NIGHT SKY FOR SATIII CLORRRSE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD Wii BANDWIDTH WAS 28GB EDRAM AND 8GB MAIN RAM 4 X 2 = 8GB

6.4GB WOULD BE = TO XBOX 1 CAN YOU NOT SEE WHAT THESE BUTT HURT ANTI NINTENDO CLOWNS ARE DOING THERE TRYING TO SAY WIIU HAS XBOX 1 BANDWIDTH SO THERE SAYING WIIU HAS LESS BANDWIDTH THAN Wii

WAKEY WAKEY JUNIOR TIME FOR SCHOOL

look at there report it even says 1600mhz ddr3 / gddr3 so if the ram is 1600 then the bus is 800mhz witch matches perfectly to the wiiboy101 800mhz 128 bit ring bus and the 1600mhz dram con fig in the ibm report about powerpc 45nm so like you was told years ago by a very inteligent gamer on this very web site the bus is 800 ish mhz the gpu is 800 ish mhz and the main raM 1600MHZ ISH

Edited by notaclownshoe, 18 November 2012 - 09:13 PM.

#14 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

Currently there are some news articles floating around saying the bandwidth for the Wii U is 17gb/s. They are basing this on the DDR3 memory frequency. This is again an incomplete truth, you cannot determine the bandwidth with memory speed without knowing how fast the controller handles it to the CPU/GPU. Also eDRAM isn’t even included in the equation, the real bandwidth is about 30+gb/s with everything factored in. Opening up the console and reading a line on the memory does not give an accurate estimation.

This is the truth. Don't believe the GAFers. 99% of those people have no idea what they are talking about. DON'T BE FOOLED GUYS. PLEASE

#15 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

Slow down a little. Can someone provide a link to the Wii 1's memory bandwidth amount?

#16 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

Take the Anand "article" with a ton of salt.

Way too many assumptions made regarding speed, gpu, cpu, etc.

The only facts to take from the article are size measurements and power useage.

And then to cement their stance on wii u (nothing's changed with these guys over the last decade), they call it current gen.

The whole assumption based nature of the article is an embarassment to themselves.

Already they've posted a correction. and that will be corrected again if they care about real testing and honesty.

And the fact that the wii u is only using so much power to even do Netflix is a testament to its efficiency. Not lack of power.

The 360 for example helps no one electric bill just running Netflix.

Wait for a real tear down from folks who don't make quick and erroneous assumptions.

If it were a OC, they'd be trusted. It's not.

End of story.

#17 Skywalkman-GB

Skywalkman-GB

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA! + FPS

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

OMG are you guys actually nintendo fans i mean common, Zelda in HD, that is a console seller in it self lol, and some FPS looking simmilar to 360 and ps3 but better res on the Wii u, thats enough for me, My only problem with the original wii was the lack of hd, this has now being fixed, the wii u for me is the perfect system :)

NINTENDO Wii U ID = Skywalkman-GB

Gaming - Wii U Black 32GB - Pro Controller + Wii Red - PC - i5 2400K GTX460 SSC - Studio Setup - Korg microstation - Korg microsampler - Korg microkorg XL - Xenyx 1002 mixer - Boss SL-20 slicer
Find my own tracks, gaming videos etc here http://www.youtube.c...ce?feature=mhee

Posted Image

#18 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:42 AM

OMG are you guys actually nintendo fans i mean common, Zelda in HD, that is a console seller in it self lol, and some FPS looking simmilar to 360 and ps3 but better res on the Wii u, thats enough for me, My only problem with the original wii was the lack of hd, this has now being fixed, the wii u for me is the perfect system :)

Riiiight...

And Xbox 8 fans should just be happy with a system that just shows halo 5 in true hd...

The games that look similar look that way because they are the same game....

Even zombi u started life as a different game with old gen code. And some of the downloadable wii u game started development on wii. And all launch window games had their performance budgets set by early, underpowered, outdated dev kits.

If this day one update has taught us anything, it's that this is a new Nintendo, trying to push the envelope far beyond what their ambitions have historically been. They have been getting the hardware right for a while. Then they had to have the developers complete the software. They couldn't get it don't in time for shipping. So they made it downloadable for now.

They didn't skimp on hardware and it performs well above the ps3 and 360.

It's a next gen system that has to launch with current gen ports and even exclusive games that use current gen code.

But that's not pushing the system at all. Meanwhile those same games are straining the current systems.

The wii u isn't about just hd Mario. It's about Nintendo returning to its roots in offering great hardware which in turn allows the potential for the software to be that much more amazing. That goes for third parties as well. The wii u looks poised to be the snes 2.

The anandtech article is just wrong. This isn't about philosophy. Or about what people should settle for. It's about facts. The very things the anandtech article lacks outside of dimensions and wattage numbers.

They did a good job taking the system apart. But from there, they are guessing about what's inside. The ram part numbers are easy enough to read. But making calculations the way they did is unheard of by a normally somewhat decent tech blog. and the bias against the console which led to them using the old wii as a basis for their logic (and generation classifying the U) is an embarassment to them.

Slow down a little. Can someone provide a link to the Wii 1's memory bandwidth amount?

That's actually part of the embarassment for anand. He bandies original wii bandwidth numbers. And forgets why they were that way with the different ram layouts.

A lot of errors, misunderstandings, miscalculations, and outright guesses going on.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 19 November 2012 - 01:37 AM.

#19 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:43 AM

Soooo. how much more powerful is the wii u compared to the last gen consoles?

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#20 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:47 AM

We still don't know, AdmiralClassy.