• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Ecorsbie

Ecorsbie

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

Wanted to see what everyone's opinion is on how well the wii u will do compared to microsoft's new console and Sony's new console...I know its hard since we dont know what they will be. But just curious. I think the gamepad is going to be huge for nintendo,I can see endless ideas that will make the wii u excel. Let me know what you think.

#2 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

The system is powerful, the gamepad is a game changer and so is the sheer scope of service you get for free.

The Wii U has a healthy future ahead of it.

#3 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

For hardcore gamers, i think what ever Sony/microsoft come out with will still be the system of choice, Only because i dont think that at this stage nintendo has realised how important the online gaming element is to the majority of the hardcore gaming audience.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#4 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

It will easily be a success... may win the gen in sales. i think the question eveyone is asking is will it get 3rd party support next gen. that remains to be seen... but the modern architecture is a great start.

#5 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

For hardcore gamers, i think what ever Sony/microsoft come out with will still be the system of choice, Only because i dont think that at this stage nintendo has realised how important the online gaming element is to the majority of the hardcore gaming audience.

Actually, it seems the Wii U has the best online gaming experience easily. And of course this will vary depending on the game. Just like everyone else.

The only thing they need to work on in a future update is consistency in adding freinds.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 19 November 2012 - 12:45 AM.

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

The wii will do badly.
The Wii U will be okay for a few years, it might get bad after 2015.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

The wii will do badly.
The Wii U will be okay for a few years, it might get bad after 2015.

I have the same thoughts. Another Wii scenario but without as big a frenzy the first few years. Wii I'm disappointed...

#8 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

Actually, it seems the Wii U has the best online gaming experience easily. And of course this will vary depending on the game. Just like everyone else.

The only thing they need to work on in a future update is consistency in adding freinds.

I dont see how it has the best online gaming experience when it is still missing multiple online features that even the current gen ps and xbox have. Only time will tell but im not holding my breath.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#9 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

Current rumors put the next gen PS and Xbox at about 20% more powerful, if that turns out to be true it won't be that much of a difference at all.

#10 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

Imo it will do great.
The wii did good against the ps3 and xbox360.
Just drop from lack of graphic and 3rd party support.

But now the wii u is up todate and brings a gamepad to the table.
So i see 3rd party staying with it and ports of ps4 and x720(whatever they will be called) will look about the same. Wont be thay big jump tthat the wii had with ps3 n x360.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#11 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

Well while Sony and Microsoft recycle ideas from every one of their last consoles, Nintendo is doing things differently. It's ironc that the term "hardcore gamer" usually refers to people who play one game on one system and are too afraid to try new things. I'm old school, and back in the day new meant NEW, not just an updated version of what I already saw (PS1,2,3,etc). But yeah, I expect PS4 and Xbox 720 to have allllllll the football and Usher music we can handle.
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#12 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

I'm completely sold on the Gamepad after for months it being the one thing I was the most skeptical about. Miiverse is a brilliant idea.

It will sell well and be in the mix. Will it get all the AAA ports in 3 years? Honestly, probably not. But you just have to be at peace with that and be willing/able to pick up a nextbox or ps4 if you want to play everything.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!