• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ecorsbie

Ecorsbie

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

For all you Nintendo fans....Just curious to see for the nintendo fans out there which system they liked the best. Also was curious to see everyone's opinion why nintendo went away from the cartridge vs Disc. I remember how well and fast the cartridge was, and wandered why nintendo went away from it and went with discs..starting with the gamecube.

#2 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:18 AM

I really like both, either one is fine by me, you do save a bit of breath with discs though. lol :P

Edited by UnchainedGoku, 02 December 2012 - 12:18 AM.

#3 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

There is already a thread for this.

#4 Tacomywaffles

Tacomywaffles

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

apparently disks are way cheaper to produce but like you said cartridges have way shorter loading times.

If i think about it, the loading time could be compared to HDD vs SSD speeds. but dont take my word on that its just a thought.

and my favorit console, i guess i'll pick the N64 as it was my first one.

#5 Ecorsbie

Ecorsbie

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

I agree with your comparison on HDD vs SSD. That is one thing that i had loved about nintendo. N64 was not my first console, but it was the first one I bought with my own money. The NES was my first..and then the SNES which both were both X-Mas presents from my parents. I had just graduated high school when the N64 came out, i was going to college and bought it with my own money. The other thing I thought is..maybe it more difficult to put HD graphics on catridges? Just a thought!!

#6 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

Cartridges are superior, but more expensive. The disk drive takes a lot of space so theoretically it could allow for a smaller console considering the disc drive takes up half the hardware.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!