Photo

Has anyone tried any of the indie titles?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

Cloudberry Kingdom.....Nano Assault....Little Inferno....Chasing Aurora. Are these games even live yet? If so I'd love some feedback because they are all on my radar for tomorrow when my console arrives.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#2 Varg

Varg

Spiny

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Fandom:
    FInal Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

Nano assault is incredible . I have it and I will be picking up mighty switch force when I get paid. The others I haven't tried .

#3 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

The only one I'm unsure of is Chasing Aurora, but the others are fun :)

#4 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

No, but I sure wanna :D

#5 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:47 AM

Thanks guys. I will definitely be picking up Nano Assault Neo this evening, and I'll probably choose between Chasing Aurora and Cloudberry Kingdom for the other depending on my mood. I actually watched the launch trailer for Chasing Aurora yesterday, and it looks like kind of an unusual concept that looked really killer. I'll probably give that one a shot over Cloudberry just because I already have enough unforgiving platformers.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#6 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

Cloudberry Kingdom.....Nano Assault....Little Inferno....Chasing Aurora. Are these games even live yet? If so I'd love some feedback because they are all on my radar for tomorrow when my console arrives.

From watching the extensive Wii U live stream on IGN yesterday Little Inferno looks very boring and doesn't seem to have a lot of depth.

#7 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

From watching the extensive Wii U live stream on IGN yesterday Little Inferno looks very boring and doesn't seem to have a lot of depth.

Yeah I decided against that one when I read that it was made by the World of Goo developer....I hate that game.

Wii U ID------BeMore

#8 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

Yeah I decided against that one when I read that it was made by the World of Goo developer....I hate that game.

It's not made by the same developer. World Of Goo is made by 2D Boy and Trine and Trine 2 are made by Frozenbyte. Trine and Trine 2 are fantastic games and nothing like World Of Goo.

#9 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

It's not made by the same developer. World Of Goo is made by 2D Boy and Trine and Trine 2 are made by Frozenbyte. Trine and Trine 2 are fantastic games and nothing like World Of Goo.

Huh...we were talking about Little Inferno right? Little Inferno is made by Tomorrow Games, and two of the guys from 2D Boy are in that development house. No matter though....Little Inferno is supposed to play alot like World of Goo, and I don't like those physics based puzzlers. It's gonna be Chasing Aurora and Nano Assault Neo for me.

Edited by BobbyRiddle, 20 November 2012 - 01:55 PM.

Wii U ID------BeMore

#10 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Huh...we were talking about Little Inferno right? Little Inferno is made by Tomorrow Games, and two of the guys from 2D Boy are in that development house. No matter though....Little Inferno is supposed to play alot like World of Goo, and I don't like those physics based puzzlers. It's gonna be Chasing Aurora and Nano Assault Neo for me.

Yeah sorry. Got my games mixed up there for a moment. LOL.

#11 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

Has anyone tried Chasing Aurora yet!? It's one of the games I was looking forward too, but I don't want to waste money on something potentially boring.. MIGGGGGG, HELP ME!

#12 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

Has anyone tried Chasing Aurora yet!? It's one of the games I was looking forward too, but I don't want to waste money on something potentially boring.. MIGGGGGG, HELP ME!

It depends man. The concept is great, and the wind effects and flying physics are very well done too. If you have several people around to play with on local multiplayer I would say it is worth it. However, if you just are planning on playing single player or local coop then it is probably not worth the $15 imo. My GF is pretty much the only one that plays with me locally, and it got a little stale for just the two of us. Chasing Mario is a similar concept, but much better for just two people.

Here is my question.....where is Cloudberry Kingdom? I watched some of a lengthy video over the weekend of a guy that got through like 50 levels of the game, and it looked insane.

Wii U ID------BeMore

#13 kikae

kikae

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

Does Nano Assault play like the Vita?

Edited by kikae, 29 November 2012 - 04:34 PM.

Posted Image

#14 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

Cloudberry Kingdom has actually been delayed, there's no release date at this point. It still looks like a very enjoyable game, I'm looking forward to it and the insane difficulty included in it.

http://www.nintendol..._on_wii_u_eshop

#15 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:50 AM

Cloudberry Kingdom has actually been delayed, there's no release date at this point. It still looks like a very enjoyable game, I'm looking forward to it and the insane difficulty included in it.

http://www.nintendol..._on_wii_u_eshop

Yeah I was bummed when I saw that. I heard that they were still aiming for release by the end of the year though.

Wii U ID------BeMore

#16 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:00 AM

Yea something like a Christmas release for Cloudberry Kingdom.
Posted Image

#17 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

nano assault looks fun i might get that =P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users