Photo

Trying to narrow down my list of games to get my hands on...

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 jalio_the_brave

jalio_the_brave

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

So I have a list of games that I potentially want to pick up:

1. Batman AC
2. Darksiders II
3. Assassin's Creed 3
4. ZombiU
5. Call of Duty: BLOPS 2

I'm trying to narrow down the list to 3 games..

I really enjoy action-adventure, so those are the pros for Batman, Assassin's Creed, and Darksiders

But recently I've gotten into Call of Duty...

ZombiU I'm on the fence not because of its reviews but because I don't know if I'd enjoy survival horror (never played a game in that genre)

Also keeping in mind that I've never played any of the ports on any other systems.

What do you guys think?

#2 naadofett

naadofett

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

No Mario?

#3 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

May as well try out the survival horror genre though, right? :P I'd replace Darksiders or AC with it if you haven't played the original. I'm just the kind of person to do things in order.
Posted Image

#4 jalio_the_brave

jalio_the_brave

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

I'll probably pick up Mario at a later date. I've enjoyed the Mario series, just not on the top of my list at the moment.

#5 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

The people reviewing zombi u arent reviewing it fairly, they are expecting it to be a left 4 dead game when it needs to be compared to nothing but itself as it is unique and a very fun (and challenging) :P

#6 Bearsona

Bearsona

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:
    Persona, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, Etc.

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

I'd go with
Zombii U
CoD (best multiplayer right now)
and either Darksiders/AC3

both are story related so if you havent played the others might be a little lost, but not too much.
Posted Image
I'm nobody, who're you?, are you nobody too? -- Nintendo Network ID: Bearsona

#7 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

I'm not a Batman fan or fan of zombie games, so guess what I would not pick.

#8 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

ZombiU
Black Ops 2
Darksiders 2

#9 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

ZombiU
Darksiders II
Assassin's Creed 3 or Black Ops 2

Edited by ianh05, 19 November 2012 - 08:08 PM.

"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#10 jalio_the_brave

jalio_the_brave

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

Thanks guys. Really helps a lot :)

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

I DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are all such good games.

#12 Invertednarrow

Invertednarrow

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Fandom:
    Rayman, Legend of Zelda, Tim and Eric

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

ZombiU
Darksiders 2
Black Ops 2

ZombiU is really fun and pretty damn difficult, I think the reviews are a little unfair as well :s

#13 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

The people reviewing zombi u arent reviewing it fairly, they are expecting it to be a left 4 dead game when it needs to be compared to nothing but itself as it is unique and a very fun (and challenging) :P

Sure, IGN:s review was almost nonsensical, but Gametrailers did a good and serious review, and they didn't like it much either. I think it's just a very divisive game.

#14 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

I'm not too 100% between all those titles, but I would definitely get Darksiders II. After playing the first one, I really like the series. It's like playing a Zelda game, almost to the point where I'd say I prefer it over any Zelda game for what it does (mostly because I never found combat to become stale). Then again it has combat leaning towards DMC territory.

Yes, definitely make Darksiders II as one of the three choices. According to a GAF result, Darksiders II is equal to or superior to the versions on other systems, alongside Sonic Racing and TTT2. On that note as well, the Wii U version of Batman and Epic Mickey are considered "fecal". Seeing as this was more or less about port issues than just how it plays, I would actually take that result into account. At least it's not IGN, so I'd say no to Batman.

Between ZombiU, AssCreed III and Black Ops II, it's a tough choice for me. I myself really CoD in all it's aspects, unlike a lot of other people, well, everywhere, I respect the game and it's offerings. That would make it one of my two other choices. The other two are a dead tie for me. ZombiU is something new, whereas AssCreed III is more like a reboot, and I've heard mixed reviews of both. I'm more inclined to pick AssCreed III, because it's a safer option. ZombiU is a bit rogue; I know I can enjoy it, but I also know that it has more than enough ability to make me rage quit more so than I do CoD. It may become to heavy too get a grasp of the game, which could easily slow or completely halt progression.

Then again, this is your choice. I just wanted to say that Darksiders II should be in your three, and Batman shouldn't at all.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#15 jalio_the_brave

jalio_the_brave

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

Thanks guys. I think I've made my decision:

1. Darksiders II
2. Black Ops II
3. Zombi U

I may splurge a little and get assassin's creed 3. But if not, these will be my definite pick-up titles.

Thanks guys :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!