• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

I really just wanted to know if other people feel this way.

Ivebeen a Nintendo guy my whole life, but when wii came out, the motion thing just completely and utterly turned me off......I didnt even get a wii.....I was really worried about the wii u at first.....cuz truthfully the wii had its moments, but the nunchuck and wiimote really did not do it for me at all......I still don't get it.....it was kind fun....but just so unnecessary IMO......motion sensors start to diverge outside of what a video game is really supposed to be allnabout....but Newhouse, when the wii u started to get hype I looked into and decided Id give it a shot...i got my preorder in and here I am....I only had about 2-3 hours on Sunday with it, and unfortunately needed to do carp yesterday and worked today....finally I got home around 4 today and have had my first real session with the system and gamepad.....wow is all I can say......I was hoping for a system with a new experience....motion controls but without the stupid nunchuck......with the benefit of being able too get the pro controller for fps etc....not too mention getting the hd Mario's and Zelda's and all the incredible Nintendo exclusives....

So now here I am and it's becoming clear to me this is far beyond what I wanted or expected....I read abunch of Repeviews off ign and other sites saying the wii u is fun, but will not compete with ps 4 or 720..... I cannot express to you how much I disagree with this....as a gaming experience overall......the wii u is a 10/10 IMO.....the gamepad is flawless IMO.....it was easily the most fun session of black ops I've. Ever n played being able to use the screen as a monster full mapUAV.....NOT TOO MENTION change and navigate my classes much easier....but perhaps the most important thing for me was the fact that the gamepad after about 3-4 hours just started feeling way too natural....my pro controller is being returned ASAP......the gamepad is the only controller any system should ever use from here on out.....it is exactly what any controller that's ever made Is......plus a whole ton more of goodies for hardcore gamers and softies.....and did I mention the Nintendo exclusives we get because its made by them?

So, I know I went in for a white....but I was feeling really good about this system, especially the gamepad....I know if there are people who agree out there....what are your thoughts??

#2 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

You should keep the Pro Controller incase you invite friends over.

#3 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

......motion sensors start to diverge outside of what a video game is really supposed to be allnabout...

Becoming morbidly obese?

Posted Image

#4 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

You should keep the Pro Controller incase you invite friends over.

Can you do split screen mp or zombies with the gamepad and pro controller?

Becoming morbidly obese?

Posted Image

Hahaha touché.....truthfullyyyyy I eat like an obesittyyy but I'm A big runner and I coach cross country lol so kinda helps my figure.....but I'm definitely the fattest non fatty there is.....moving my wrist with the nunchuck is far more movement than I wanna be doing when I play video games lol

#5 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

I agree 100% with everything you just said, but yeah, keep that Pro Controller just in case :D

#6 derk2468

derk2468

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

...........Agree(: Long live Nintendo and the Wii U!!!! King among mere console lames :P lol

#7 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

*Looks at title of thread* Heh heh heh. My trend is spreading B)

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#8 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

...........Agree(: Long live Nintendo and the Wii U!!!! King among mere console lames :P lol

Lol I'm really just blown away by the gamepad....I'd love for someone to explain how the gamepad isn't the ultimate controller in every way possible.....And it should be the only controller in the world......Nintendo took such a simple concept that's been around forever......they didn't absolutely change it.....they kept it the exact same thing at its core.....two analogs...a d pad....and the button layout etc.....it feels perfect.....but they managed to turn it into a better experience......it's not just a core gaming controller.....but something you can use for long gaming sessions for the mosthardcore of gamers.....or the subtlest Mario experience.....and very subtlety, with adding the screen, and a few other changes.....but make it a whle lot more enjoyabel.....they have created the new standard of controllers IMO.

#9 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

I agree, Nintendo really nailed it with the game pad, it's a perfect mix of traditional controller with new functionality that most people are comfortable with. It just feels "right", if you will.

#10 Thugbrown

Thugbrown

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

I agree the Wii U is awesome and I'm really digging miiverse how well it is put together. The web browser ain't too bad either, it works better than I thought it would almost on par with my ipod. Mii like :-)

#11 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

I agree the Wii U is awesome and I'm really digging miiverse how well it is put together. The web browser ain't too bad either, it works better than I thought it would almost on par with my ipod. Mii like :-)

Just saw firsthand how the gamepad just owns the world.....I paused and went to my computer because I needed to pick someone up for my fantasy team.....as the page was loading I realized that the paused gamepad was in my lap.....and I didn't need to be in front of the tv to keep playing.....so I just played on thengamepad while I waited....

This is a VERY minor thing for me, cuz I won't be doing it very often........but I just say it was pretty cool to go from the screen to the pad while I was multitasking........just another small reason to add on to the list of amazing things about the gamepad

#12 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

So far the Wii U is very unique for me.....I love it...but my reasons may be different....I grew up a Sega kid and I'm still a die hard Sega Fanboy and collector...the Wii U doesn't have a Nintendo feeling for me...playing it reminds me of the experience I had when I first got my Dreamcast...it brings back good memories and I'm really enjoying it..its a different kind of experience!
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#13 Ecorsbie

Ecorsbie

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

I agree...I too am a huge die hard nintendo fan....however I strayed away from console gaming when the gamecube came out, I was not impressed with the gamecube...I went towards the PC gaming and stuck with it for a long time....in 2006 the wii game out, and I half game back....then the 3DS came out and it kind of brought me even closer to being back totally to console gaming. Now that I have a wii u...I totally back, specially with a fresh new Mario, ...all i can say is wow..and you are right, the gamepad is totally awesome.....Nintendo nailed this one. Looking forward to staying away from PC games again...lol

#14 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

The gamepad is a great controller. I think it now tied as my favorite controller alongside the Super Nintendo controller for me. Gamepad is perfect though. There is nothing I feel is wrong with it. It's brilliant. Two screens and you can play while away from the screen. How cool is that. I can't wait to start playing Gamecube classics on it. That is going to be so amazing.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#15 TomBollandLTD

TomBollandLTD

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokémon Mario Link

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Can you do split screen mp or zombies with the gamepad and pro controller?

Hahaha touché.....truthfullyyyyy I eat like an obesittyyy but I'm A big runner and I coach cross country lol so kinda helps my figure.....but I'm definitely the fattest non fatty there is.....moving my wrist with the nunchuck is far more movement than I wanna be doing when I play video games lol

Yeah, you can split screen, but what's even cooler is, one of you can play on the TV and the other on the gamepad, no screen peeking!
3DS Friend Code: 0087-2466-1970
NNID : TomBollandLTD

need. more. online. games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!