TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

Hey guys. It's almost Thanksgiving, so I decided to make a topic about it. I just want to say that I'm thankful for my family, friends, house (as I have a nice house, although I wouldn't consider myself rich), school, and you guys.

So what are you guys (and girls) thankful for? Also, what are you guys doing for Thanksgiving? Do you have family coming over, or are you going somewhere? I'm going to Michigan to see my ridiculously big family; in fact, I'm posting this in an Ohio rest stop on the way. Aorta once again, happy thanksgiving! :-)

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#2 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

Going to my grandmas house tomorrow. Every year my favorite cousin and I always talk about what's hot in games. Last year I remember talking about Skyrim, MW3, Zelda and Pokemon. Then we usually play some 3DS together. ^_^

#3 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

Going to be at my house this year we used to go to my grandmas then that night Im going black friday shopping 24 hours
Posted Image

#4 Chaotix

Chaotix

Team Nerd

• Section Mods
  • 728 posts
  • NNID:Chaot1x
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

First off I'm thankful for still having a job and also afford to buy christmas gifts for my family this year even though I thought bout getting a wii u but I didn't wanna be greedy. I'm cooking thanksgiving dinner at house this year for family then afterwards go christmas shopping on black friday.

eEG8Ies.png

#5 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

I am going to my mom's house this year. And me and my brother are going to play my Wii U all day long. Then eat. Then play some more. It's gonna be so fun.

I am grateful for having a home to live in and plenty of food, a great girlfriend, really good friends and my Wii U.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#6 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

I'M going to wait in line at Best Buy and think about all the stuff i want but don't need.

JK my Dad has to work all day so its just going to be me and my Mom :)

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

I'm thankful for canned food with hooks on cos my can opener just broke :D

#8 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

I'm just going to be hanging out, hopefully getting some endings in Virtue's Last Reward.
I'm thankful for hookerz and blow.
Oh wait, I typed that? I mean I'm thankful for my family, friends, the worlds best forum with the worlds best people, and of course for Japan and everything that I love that comes from there.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#9 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

We don't celebrate thanksgiving here, but turkey and other poultry get a nice discount at supermarkets. Might just spend a good night with the Mrs. and a turkey on the middle of the table.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#10 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

I'm grateful that despite all obstacles and insane issues my family has been forced to plow through, we're still pretty okay. Oh, and I'm grateful the Wii U doesn't blow. And that Mignaga just so happens to be great at ...

#11 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

My family doesn't really celebrate Thanksgiving. We might see a movie later and possibly make some stake or go out for Chinese for dinner.

#12 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

I was considering making a topic but didn't wanna spam Thanks Giving stuff, so sorry if it's a little off topic.

What's everyone's opinion on turkey? I've found people who somehow eat chicken but not turkey (wut), and people who do certain things to ensure their turkey doesn't taste like one, and my mother claims to not like how turkey tastes "gamey". (Why bother with a turkey then!?) I find these are the people who tend to prefer the dry and gross/sandy textured, flavorless chicken breast over dark meat. :P

This is really confusing to me. I don't know what the gamey flavor is, except that I find that animals claimed to be gamey just taste more flavorful and meaty. Which... sounds like a good thing? You eat meat because it tastes like meat, right?
I can't tell chicken and turkey apart by taste, may as well be the same animal to me, but I find that the already flavorless chicken may as well be tofu by comparison to the superior "gamey" turkey. Same thing with bison, it makes beef seem like someone killed the thinnest looking cow and forgot to season it.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!