#1 Drople

Drople

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cpt. Price, Altaïr, Ezio

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:53 PM

I have been thinking about the Monster Hunter series for some time now, and I loved to play Monster Hunter Tri on my wii. When we first heard the rumours about Monster Hunter for 3DS I got really excited, but then it was a false rumour. So I just wonder, what console will the next Monster Hunter game be released to?

What do you think, and what are your hopes?

Discuss!
Posted Image

#2 bsgpro

bsgpro

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Call of Duty andMonster Hunter Tri

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:20 PM

More monsters Tri had to few monsters in it.

BTW I am BSG in Tri.
Don't push it I am smarter than you.

#3 Drople

Drople

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cpt. Price, Altaïr, Ezio

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:51 PM

Yes that is something, it would be cool if they put in many new and old monsters from earlier games that was not on Tri, in the next game.
Posted Image

#4 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:36 PM

Monster Hunter flew under the radar a bit which is a bit sad seeing as I heard it was a great game. If it does come to the Wii U Nintendo need to do more to market it to western audiences like how they did with Dragon Quest IX.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#5 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:52 PM

Monster Hunter would be awesome in HD. I certainly hope they make this and release it early in the Wii U's life, because then I think it'd be really successful.

Edited by Jabob, 03 July 2011 - 11:53 PM.

#6 Drople

Drople

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cpt. Price, Altaïr, Ezio

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:42 AM

Monster Hunter would be really nice in HD, and I hope it will have more monsters, bigger places and such. more to do with weps and gear, and I hope they will make newer and more funny quests. Nintendo should indeed market it more, and make more people to be interested :D
Posted Image

#7 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:04 PM

Monster Hunter on the Wii U would be absolutely kickass.

I'd personally like Easter Egg-like armours such as other Capcom cameos. Claire Redfield with a Greatsword?

YESH!

Edited by Auzzie Wingman, 06 July 2011 - 10:05 PM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#8 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:28 AM

I would be really excited about this (I'm a HUGE fan of Tri, as it was literally the only Wii game to accumulate a somewhat shocking 500 hours of play time)... but I'm not sure how likely it will be to see the light of day on WiiU.

Tri always had a very strong, dedicated online presence on the Wii, but compared to the franchise's typical audience (PSP and PS2, mostly in Japan) the numbers were abysmally low (the PSP Monster Hunter game following Tri went multi-platinum on day one in Asian markets)!

HD Monster Hunter seems like a no-brainer to me. I think it would look awesome, and they could get rid of some of the annoying parts of the game (like the lack of realistic monster interactivity/ecosystem awareness) and add tons of weapons, locations, and new monsters. To make such a game, however, they would have to pretty much ignore their demographics data, which suggests that the people who are really going to buy their game mostly play old, clunky handhelds!

#9 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:59 AM

Monster Hunter on the Wii U would be absolutely kickass.

I'd personally like Easter Egg-like armours such as other Capcom cameos. Claire Redfield with a Greatsword?

YESH!

That would be awesome. And maybe if it's on Wii U, Nintendo will let them make weapons and armor based of Nintendo franchises. I want to kill Fatalis with the Master Sword!
Posted Image

#10 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:35 AM

THAT WOULD BE EPIC!!!

I have a suggestion though (lol, your all gonna hate this :)) A difficulty setting. I found monster hunter tri a bit too hard, I spent about 60 hours trying to do one quest. So I think it would be a great to be able to change the difficulty, so the newer (and less skilled) players could play on easy, players who are experienced, but still need some practice on medium and then the ninjas (xD I just had to put that in there) could play on hard.
Whatt do ya think?

Posted Image

#11 Drople

Drople

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cpt. Price, Altaïr, Ezio

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:20 PM

MH shouldnt have a difficulty setting, that would be ridiculous. It goes very basic in the start, how to do stuff, very to go and such. If you really used 60 hours on one quest, that's just, wow. Couldnt you just check on the internet or something? Anyway, the game show you the basic, slowly learning you more and more. Monster Hunter Tri was the first MH game I had ever played of the MH series, and I liked how you learn on the way. I learned how to play MH this way, and I have loved Monster Hunter ever since.
So no, MH should not have a difficulty setting.
Posted Image

#12 Mesan3

Mesan3

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • NNID:mesan3
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Dragon ball, trombone

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:19 PM

we should join in a MHT game

#13 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:20 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 10:30 PM.

#14 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:01 AM

MH shouldnt have a difficulty setting, that would be ridiculous. It goes very basic in the start, how to do stuff, very to go and such. If you really used 60 hours on one quest, that's just, wow. Couldnt you just check on the internet or something? Anyway, the game show you the basic, slowly learning you more and more. Monster Hunter Tri was the first MH game I had ever played of the MH series, and I liked how you learn on the way. I learned how to play MH this way, and I have loved Monster Hunter ever since.
So no, MH should not have a difficulty setting.

I did look on the internet!! It was still impossible!! :D thats the one game I can't complete :.(

Posted Image

#15 Drople

Drople

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cpt. Price, Altaïr, Ezio

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:03 PM

I did look on the internet!! It was still impossible!! :D thats the one game I can't complete :.(

What kind of quest was it?
Posted Image

#16 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:18 AM

Claire Redfield with a Master Sword, beating the crap out of Alatreon.

You guys are the best.

AuzzieWingman.png

#17 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:27 AM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 10:34 PM.

#18 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:57 AM

Yeah, from 3DS chat.

Anyway, I kinda just mashed together whatever was posted earlier (read page 1), but through in Alatreon because I never fought Fatalis.

AuzzieWingman.png

#19 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:40 AM

MH shouldnt have a difficulty setting, that would be ridiculous.

I could not agree more with this statement... Monster Hunter KILLED me with its difficulty at various points along the way, but that's what is so fun about it. Once you accomplish one seemingly impossible task, you feel like the ultimate bad-a for a while... then you get to move on to the next seemingly impossible task. This is a huge part of what kept my interest, and kept me committed to the game for 600+ hours to date. There is plenty to do in the game when you are "stuck" at a particularly difficult monster.

#20 BobTheism

BobTheism

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:32 AM

As for the difficulty debate; the difficulty is fine the way it is, I like a good challenge HOWEVER, I would like to see them fix some sadistic drop rates. After bringing down my fifth Rathian and still not getting the plate I needed for my armour I was not enjoying myself too much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!