12 replies to this topic

#1 MyNameIsMatt

MyNameIsMatt

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

http://www.eurogamer...sassins-creed-3

Is this what might be one of the GamePad's trump card? Somewhere I read that you need particular glasses because they were made in partnership, is this true and how well does it play?

I'm intrigued whether, for a couple of quid more for the glasses, if this is a worthwhile feature.

Edited by MyNameIsMatt, 22 November 2012 - 09:39 AM.

#2 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

Oh, I thought it was glasses-free. It would just look bad otherwise.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#3 MyNameIsMatt

MyNameIsMatt

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

Oh, I thought it was glasses-free. It would just look bad otherwise.

Unfortunatly not, it's the greenish and red glasses. I'm intrigued if it spoils the game, or actually is useful

#4 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

Bah. Colored lenses always dull the colors, although options is a good thing. I've heard the Wii U will be able to support 3D games if you have a 3D TV though, which would be a lot better.
Posted Image

#5 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

Well that's just epicness on toast.

#6 slammers

slammers

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

http://www.eurogamer...sassins-creed-3

Is this what might be one of the GamePad's trump card? Somewhere I read that you need particular glasses because they were made in partnership, is this true and how well does it play?

I'm intrigued whether, for a couple of quid more for the glasses, if this is a worthwhile feature.

Read the article again. It's anaglyph 3d. As in crappy red blue glasses. As in technology that has been available on any system since the psx/n64 or earlier. The reason it's never used? Cause it looks like crap.
Yes technically the Wii U is capable of outputting two images to 3d tv's, but you wont see it on many games due to the performance hit required to basically double to processing.

#7 MyNameIsMatt

MyNameIsMatt

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:32 AM

Read the article again. It's anaglyph 3d. As in crappy red blue glasses. As in technology that has been available on any system since the psx/n64 or earlier. The reason it's never used? Cause it looks like crap.
Yes technically the Wii U is capable of outputting two images to 3d tv's, but you wont see it on many games due to the performance hit required to basically double to processing.

What part have I mis read? I heard you need Infinicolour anaglyph glasses, not just normal red and blue. The whole point of the thread is to ask if it looks crappy? I fail to see what you mean. I know it won't be the trump card, but features like this what add together and make something unique if developers help.

#8 The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

Well I am going to do 1 better. Tonight I am.going to play the Wii U in 3D and not.on.the gamepad. Since I have a 3D tv, might as well hit the 3D button and enjoy. My tv uses the the same glasses from the movies and rides at theplaces like Disney World.
Bbbbbbrrrraaaaaaiiiiiinnnnnssss

#9 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

Hell yea. Looks damn good. Looks Better then cod bo2 on ps3.
And just so you all know you need a 3d tv and it does side by side , top and bottom and red/blue.
So its not only the crappy red and blue but its real 3d in full color
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:13 AM

Glasses 3dtv's are such a rip off. You guys know as soon as they begin to achieve market saturation they will release the same exact TV's with a 90 cent parralax barrier put over the screen, technology they've had for a decade and market it as 'glasses free tv' with a huge price hike.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#11 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

Glasses 3dtv's are such a rip off. You guys know as soon as they begin to achieve market saturation they will release the same exact TV's with a 90 cent parralax barrier put over the screen, technology they've had for a decade and market it as 'glasses free tv' with a huge price hike.

Just like the 3ds screen.
But we are getting closer to holograms so we will see what happens.
xile06 "N" ID

#12 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

Just like the 3ds screen.
But we are getting closer to holograms so we will see what happens.

Ha, the 3ds screen is actually really REALLY old tech too. I remember seeing that kind of parralax barrier technology at a siggraph when I was a kid. Of course, thats to be expected, Nintendo never REALLY uses anything new. New technologies are unstable and untested.

Modern parralax displays have no 'sweet spots' The sweet spots are all over lapping and form a near 180 degree viewing space in 3d, while on older technology (3ds) you have to keep your head in the right place to view the effect. Of course, it is incredibly delicate and prone to miscalibration from bumps, so not something you want in a portable game system. Heres something cool, you can all watch a 3d show together, or, two seperate 2d shows at te same time (what show you see depends on where you are!) and Directional sound speakers send the audio to the correct spot (and only the correct spot!)

Holograms? Already have those too. (Also seen many MANY a time at a siggraph when I was younger) I remember Full color and everything, kept referring to them as 'star wars style', although they are highly useful visual tools, (and neat as all ****) They dont really lend themselves well to being a cinematic display, rather, just an object oriented display, like a single person, or a small group made smaller, or a large rotating can of coca cola, you cant really have backgrounds n stuff. They have come a long way from when I was a kid, now multiple people can view them from a wider viewing area, and they all see them from the angle at which they are standing (relative to each other, a person standing in front will see the object from the front, and the one at the side from the side) and you can even reach out and 'grab' them, and rotate them around!

Edited by 3Dude, 26 November 2012 - 04:19 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#13 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Gi remember the hologram @ disney land when i was little. It.was a cookie in a can with mirrors. So it made a hologram. You could touch it but your hand would go through it.

All old tech but just now making it to the end user.
xile06 "N" ID

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!