Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

With many people criticising the Wii U Its hard to tell whats real so here is my review.

Ingenuity: 10/10
The Wii U gamepad is very fun and offers a creative outlet for developers.
Game library: 9.5/10 (so far)
There are many fun Wii U games including Batman,Tekken,Assasins Creed 3,NSMBU,etc. A pretty good lineup with the exeption of a few shovelware titles.
Graphics/speed: 8.5/10
Although its to early to say if the Wii U is truely next generation the graphics are pretty good. The CPU isnt a big of a problem as some people will lead you to think. But it has been known to freeze. So until Nintendo fixes the freezing its an 8.5
My verdict 9/10
Despite the criticism I still recommend you pick one up. No matter if you like Just Dance or Call Of Duty you will probably like the Wii U. Nintendo will probably end up fixing any bugs so it may eventually end up with a 9.5 or even a 10 someday. My hopes are high.

Edited by Mr.Saturn90, 23 November 2012 - 05:12 AM.

Signature_DK.png

#2 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:15 AM

Awesome review dude :D

#3 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

Thanks. I plan to do more reviews soon.

Signature_DK.png

#4 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

Cool! I just can't believe how IGN is not even afraid to sound stupid with their console review.

Edit is a typo.

Edited by Alianjaro, 23 November 2012 - 06:24 AM.

Posted Image

#5 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

A little biased tbh, no way it deserves a 9/10 as it stands.

Edited by bornsupercharged, 23 November 2012 - 09:29 AM.

Posted Image

#6 GoodGuy

GoodGuy

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

So all the negative reviews are dishonest?

#7 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

So all the negative reviews are dishonest?

Yeah, apparently anything negative is untruthful. I realize we are on a Wii U site, so of course there are going to be fan boys with blinders on that can't see the problems and won't admit there are issues. But outside, in the real world, people are a lot more willing to come to terms with the fact that the Wii U is currently buggy and slow.
Posted Image

#8 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

A little biased tbh, no way it deserves a 9/10 as it stands.

Yea, I agree with Born. It's biased, but you really can't help but be biased. It's just that simple. Not all negative reviews are dishonest. I'm not gonna say a negative one was crappy, then say a positive is great and well-written. Everything has pros and cons. People who like something will emphasize on the pros, and people who hate something will emphasize on the cons.

#9 Ecorsbie

Ecorsbie

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

What i dont like is that....people expect technology to be perfect...when you get new ideas things sometimes are not perfect. My wii u had a few minor glitches..but so does my $2000 PC...give new technology time to develop its firmware updates and what not..and I have a feeling the wii u is going to be rated high by anyone.

#10 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

The problem with reviews is that they are all biased because it is an opinion of the reviewer. I have never purchased or not purchased a product because of a review. I try it for myself or I just don't deal with it.

#11 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

You still need to take into account that some WIIU's are working better than others, as others have previously stated many times it will be an issue that is fixed over time. Remember it has been only 1 week since release, you can't expect there to be 0% errors.

Im pretty dead set on getting one once they release in Australia on the 30th so heres hoping that some bugs will be ironed out.
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#12 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

breaking news: all reviews are more or less biased

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#13 Eggplante!

Eggplante!

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

I think the problem with console reviews is that, for the most part, we have to review the potential of a system. As a piece of hardware, Wii U is a great concept, but not the best execution. However, it is not the best execution because the console is not the best, but because the games to utilize all its features have not been released yet.

A similar thing happened with Wii MotionPlus controls, where Skyward Sword was the first game to reaaaalllly make proper use of them. It is very much up to software developers (other than Nintendo, of course) to make use of the Wii U's capabilities to make the console itself a success.

Eggplante!com
video games, music, movies, concerts, photography
…and more!

#14 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

HONEST MY ASS

#15 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

http://www.gamasutra...cant_go_on_.php
Gamasutra have one too!

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#16 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

Yeah, apparently anything negative is untruthful. I realize we are on a Wii U site, so of course there are going to be fan boys with blinders on that can't see the problems and won't admit there are issues. But outside, in the real world, people are a lot more willing to come to terms with the fact that the Wii U is currently buggy and slow.

I know it has bugs I was just saying they arent bad as IGN puts them out to be.

HONEST MY ASS

Why are you being rude?

Signature_DK.png

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

Why are you being rude?

It's what she does.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

I know it has bugs I was just saying they arent bad as IGN puts them out to be.
Why are you being rude?

Personally I'm more likely to consider a review by a professional unbiased site then someone on a Nintendo forum who has proved from his previous posts here to not have much credibility. Your review seems pretty biased and overrated and ill reserve judgment until I get my Wii U in the next day or two. That said I suspect reading what's been said on various sites and comments from other people that you've been far too generous with your scores and the Wii U is not as great as you make it out to be. That's not to say its a system not worth getting but realistically its probably not as good as you say it is. Your review may well be honest but its also biased in favour of the console.

#19 tshrimp

tshrimp

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

Yes reviews here will be biased, but the OP did fine and had some good info. even if I do not share in his opionion. I have all system. Wii U,Wii, Xbox 360, Vita, 3DS, DS, PS3, even Atari 2600. Here is my review:

Graphics: Not good. Not bad. Equal to the PS3 and Xbox 360, but colors are very vibrant. Suspect it is better than Xbox and PS as games are currently just ports, but so not sure any real graphics tweeks have happened yet. Also devs are still learning the system. But should be stronger than it is as even if it is better then MS and Sony it isn't substantial, and this is seven years later.
Controller: Good and not good. Using a resistive touch screen is just wrong these days, but it is more comfortable than it looks. Ability to play game from the screen on the controller is great. I can't wait to see what devs come up with. As for the Wii controllers that work with it. I wish they would just get rid of those things. I can't stand the motion controllers and their lack of response as well as having a dang wire go across my lap when I play.
Hardware: 8 or 32GB....are you joking. We are in the days of downloadable media and HD takes up space, and you give us storage for 1-2 games if you have the 32GB version, and if you have the 8GB then you get eShop only downloads or 2. USB2...Might not be an issue, but since we have to supply our own HDD lets speed up the interface hear of USB3? What about a NIC? I like to hardware everything it is just more reliable. No Microphone plug for the expensive pro controller, and $50 for that thing. Love the Size and look. HDMI connection works well and the sound is very good when compared to the Wii. On par with Xbox, but to me PS3 still sounds the best.
Online: This will have to be addressed. It cannot stay this way. When the crappppy PS3 online experience is better than you have work to do.
Games: Very Very good for a launch line up. Issue for some might be that it is games that have been done on the other systems, and are already discounted.

Other side notes:
Load times are crazy long. As long as PS3 and much worse than Xbox 360
It sounds like I am bashing this system, but I am being honest, and must say it is actually my favorite of all the systems right now. I can't wait for some more games to come out. A good racing game, good Uncharted type game (other than ACIII)

#20 Eggplante!

Eggplante!

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

Reviews should be based on having the console and playing through whatever you review.

The original poster is quite clearly very fanboy-like, which is great (I'm a total Zelda, Halo, and Apple fanboy), but has a time and place. When you're reviewing something, you need to be as objective as possible.

The review Mr.Saturn gave is fine, if he/she truly believes that stuff, but there is no way anyone could have played through all those games by three to four days after launch of the console to know whether or not those are excellent games or not.

Eggplante!com
video games, music, movies, concerts, photography
…and more!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!