#1 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

It was an embarrassment for me when we hosted Thanksgiving dinner last night. Had about 20 people over, were playing Call of Duty Black Ops 2 with GamePad and the Pro Controller, but the Pro Controller was stuck moving backwards, so I thought "how do you disconnect and reconnect the controller?" Tried the power button on the Pro Controller - nope bad choice, turned the whole console off.

Got back into CoD, this time the Pro Controller worked fine. A few minutes in, EEEEEEEEEEEEEE game froze. Couldn't do anything except pull the power and reboot. Then it played fine for about an hour and we decided to swap over to Nintendo Land. It literally froze 3 times in the next hour.. I was so embarrassed because I wanted to show off the new system and make some believers of people who said the graphics couldn't be as good as the 360's - CoD proved they're at minimum on par, however everyone was quick to point out the 360 never freezes like that. Having a 360, they asked why I didn't just get CoD for the 360 instead... I said I wanted a larger library for my Wii U and they were aware of the freezing and a fix would be rolled out.

Honestly I felt disappointed because 4 freezes on Thanksgiving night is just ridiculous. Sure the graphics are nice and the 5-person game play is fun, but they released a buggy console that's made people say "I'll wait and see what Microsoft and Sony come out with next year." As for the 15-20 second menu loads... everyone couldn't stop making fun of my "next gen" console that's slower than hell.
Posted Image

#2 naadofett

naadofett

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

I've yet to encounter this freezing, but I won't hold my breath. As for the menus, it doesn't drive me crazy, however they are definitely noticeable and are a little annoying. I just really hope this can be sorted out via software optimization/patch.

#3 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

Everyone else's seems to work just fine..
These are all problems to be expected, it doesn't mean they can't be fixed. Was the 360 or PS3 perfect a few days after launch?

Edited by Colinx, 23 November 2012 - 09:35 AM.

2lvmghw.png

#4 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

These are all problems to be expected, it doesn't mean they can't be fixed. Was the 360 or PS3 perfect a few days after launch?

Actually... my Wii U has freezing issues too.... but hasn't happened within the past few days so yay!

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#5 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

Everyone else's seems to work fine? I'd believe that, except for the fact that all the consoles are running the same firmware and there's many many other threads and posts reiterating the same thing, do a google search for "wii u freezes" and you'll get plenty of results. If you don't have a Wii U yet you can't possibly know about the freezing, you guys without a Wii U probably think we're all just hating on it and making things up. But honestly, it is freezing and too often at that. It was a half baked console that they hoped they'd have fixes done and available as a patch - but that's proven to not be the case. They have done a patch, sure, and there's been released some new apps and updates for games, but we are ALL waiting for another system update for the Wii U console itself.. an update that will resolve the freezing issues and resolve the slow menu access.

And no, I honestly dont recall my 360 freezing like this. As for my PS3, I never really played it much because I hated the controller and the online system (compared to 360), so I traded it in towards my Wii U.
Posted Image

#6 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

I feel so sorry for you! :o

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#7 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

That sucks man - I hear you though. A bunch of my friends came over Sunday night after launch and we gamed - Had 2 freezing issues occur and the Gamepad randomly stopped connecting several times while less than a foot from the console. Luckily though for me - the experience they had over ruled the issues. I really can't wait for Nintendo to roll out a fix. I've had 2 more freezes since - both on Zombi U ...both while I haven't saved for a while -.-. As to those not having issues...I'm not sure whats causing them - but both Sonic Racing and Zombi U froze up on me. Most of the time its good...like when I play alone lol
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#8 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

That's pretty bad we need this new patch like yesterday lol

#9 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

One of the comments I got a lot of was "Really? You got CoD on the Wii??" I had to explain that yes, the Wii versions were crap, but this is a Wii U and it's got more features than the 360/PS3 versions (mostly thanks to the GamePad). It was like being on trial by my peers, like I had done something wrong by getting CoD for the Wii U. Everyone seems to have really negative thoughts towards Nintendo systems running FPS games. When they got the chance to actually play it on the Wii U, they admitted they couldn't tell it was playing on a Wii U except for the fact that the controller wasnt the same. But with that said, I don't see anyone running out and trying to get a Wii U to play the games that their 360/PS3 can already play.. I'm not questioning my own purchase, I'm just disappointing in Nintendo a bit and hoping that Nintendo can earn back some respect from core gamers over the next year.
Posted Image

#10 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

I don't expect the wii U to be as good as the the PS4/720..but it's a different gaming experience. I'm getting 1. Ill sell my ps3 when the ps4 is out and still play my wii U. There is no point in comparing consoles. They all have their Own experience's and as a gamer I'm looking forward to something different than my ps3, and still look forward to the ps4 :)
Just enjoy what you have...bugs can be fixed..OS can be changed via a future update aswel. No biggy. I'm getting black ops2 for wii u for a change of play.
Just got hitman tonight for ps3. And being a ps+ member I've just got uncharted & gravity rush for my vita aswel!
..my point being, you don't have to just keep the wii U and be sad when the ps4/720 comes out with 'better specs'..that's a given. Just get 1 aswel

#11 naadofett

naadofett

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

With "core" gamers it could be tough. I'd consider myself a core gamer and to some extent wonder which games I should get for Wii U vs PS3, however, I'm willing to give the Wii U version of a game a chance unless the port was done completely half-arsed rendering it a complete waste of money. The way I see it: Wii U for Nintendo exclusives and PS3 for PS3 exclusives. Everything else in between is a toss-up depending on how the game integrates with the console. Clearly we know PS3 does game patch updates and hopefully the same will be done for Wii U if necessary. I also like the Miiverse aspect of the Wii U for games as well. If Nintendo can tidy up the OS a little bit (menu lag and maybe make it a few less steps to bounce between certain menu options) I would have no problem using the U as my primary console. As for now, I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt and am leaning towards 3rd party purchases for U vs PS3 unless it's a very sloppy port.

Edited by naadofett, 23 November 2012 - 10:15 AM.

#12 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

Everyone else's seems to work fine? I'd believe that, except for the fact that all the consoles are running the same firmware and there's many many other threads and posts reiterating the same thing, do a google search for "wii u freezes" and you'll get plenty of results. If you don't have a Wii U yet you can't possibly know about the freezing, you guys without a Wii U probably think we're all just hating on it and making things up. But honestly, it is freezing and too often at that. It was a half baked console that they hoped they'd have fixes done and available as a patch - but that's proven to not be the case. They have done a patch, sure, and there's been released some new apps and updates for games, but we are ALL waiting for another system update for the Wii U console itself.. an update that will resolve the freezing issues and resolve the slow menu access.

And no, I honestly dont recall my 360 freezing like this. As for my PS3, I never really played it much because I hated the controller and the online system (compared to 360), so I traded it in towards my Wii U.

Seems means "Give the impression or sensation of being something or having a particular quality", I don't remember seeing any posts about their Wii U's freezing on this forum, or maybe I just didn't read them or look for them, but after a quick forum search there is only a few other threads on that topic.
As for the 360, the 360 had a lot of problems when it launched and I never said only freezing issues, cough red rings? And red rings were fixed too! These "problems" with the Wii U are all things that can be fixed. You say you've been waiting like for an eternity. Rome wasn't built in a day you know?

Edited by Colinx, 23 November 2012 - 10:19 AM.

2lvmghw.png

#13 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

Wow that really sucks. :( Maybe by Xmas there will be better patches. I'm sure they don't want millions of mothers returning their children's Wii Us thinking it's broken.
Posted Image

#14 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

I haven't had any freezing problems yet ( though when I booted up the console yesterday, it took forever to finally get to the menu. It was stuck on the white screen with objects in the background. But my internet was ungodly slow due to Black Friday so that might have been the problem). I also have a problem with Skylanders Giants where the home menu will either take 10 seconds to load ( freezing the game for that period of time), or not show up at all. Hopefully all these freezing problems are fixed soon. As for the Pro Controller, maybe it's faulty? I also had a similar mistake when I wasn't an experienced gamer. I pushed the power button on the second Wii remote so I could have a friend play, but I turned off the console instead.

#15 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

THIS. Too many dumb arses in this world don't realize that those inferior consoles had problems too at launch and even sometimes do now. >.>

#16 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

I bought both 360 and ps3 on launch. Both still kicking fine today. The 360 has never frozen on me and the ps3 has only frozen on fifa when trying to play online a couple of times.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#17 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

in my country and generally in EU, wii U official release date is the next Friday!... but everybody sees you guys... and freaked out already HAHAHAHA...

Edited by Orion, 23 November 2012 - 11:54 AM.

#18 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

One of the comments I got a lot of was "Really? You got CoD on the Wii??" I had to explain that yes, the Wii versions were crap, but this is a Wii U and it's got more features than the 360/PS3 versions (mostly thanks to the GamePad). It was like being on trial by my peers, like I had done something wrong by getting CoD for the Wii U. Everyone seems to have really negative thoughts towards Nintendo systems running FPS games. When they got the chance to actually play it on the Wii U, they admitted they couldn't tell it was playing on a Wii U except for the fact that the controller wasnt the same. But with that said, I don't see anyone running out and trying to get a Wii U to play the games that their 360/PS3 can already play.. I'm not questioning my own purchase, I'm just disappointing in Nintendo a bit and hoping that Nintendo can earn back some respect from core gamers over the next year.

Wii transformed Nintendo's image into being JUST for kids rather than for everyone, including the hardcore.

#19 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

even darksiders is "less" on wii U, in textures and objects, with less grass, less trees, texture loading delays, I saw videos on youtube. The problem with wii U is, everybody expected better looks in the games, because the game engines comply with the hardware capabilities, but till now, we see the same thing in our screens or less. The only game that looks crispier, is batman, but it does have texture loading problems also...

Maybe its all bad ports, fingers crossed. Even zombie U took bad comments.

to be honnest, I was expecting somethig like the video above... And dont tell me its extreme.. its 5 years ago.

Edited by Orion, 23 November 2012 - 12:08 PM.

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

Ha! Thats funny.

Dont feel too bad, I was playing 360 4 player splitscreen blops II Zombies on the farm on level 14, had jugger nog, speed, dpuble tap, and quick revive, galva knucks, just got a raygun from the mystery box, we were holding the upstairs room like champs, just got insta kill AND x2 AND..... The 360 froze.

Though not 4x in one night. Yowzas.

Who did treyarch farm the wii u port out to?

Not that I can get too mad at them, I mean, even the best around can still screw up porting a game to a more powerful system.

Just look at metroid prime trilogy. Im was SO pissed at retro tor actually having an inferior port of the first prime on the wii. Oh well.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!