• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:54 AM

FF Theatrhythm.

It's a rhythm based game.

What of it?

So is it like the same as all the other FF games?

#163 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    Marth, Link, Samus, Zero, & Exdeath

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:27 PM

Aren't they making a Final Fantasy game for 3DS?

Yep! It's called "Theatrhythm Final Fantasy". It is a rhythm game. I hope it does well.
Now noticed that that question was answered.

Go here to see some info: http://nintendo3dsbl...m-final-fantasy

So is it like the same as all the other FF games?

Think of it as how Dissidia had characters from many of the main series, but it combines traditional combat of a Final Fantasy game with rhythm. Think it as Elite Beat Agents meets Final Fantasy (though the buttons are in 4 set locations) or Guitar Hero meets Final Fantasy. Plus, you can Level Up, so that's cool in my opinion.

Example of Gameplay:
Posted Image
Got this from the 3ds blog.

Edited by The One Who Wrote This, 16 July 2011 - 03:31 PM.

#164 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:33 AM

I think this is pretty cool, letting music dictate combat.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#165 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:55 AM

I think this is pretty cool, letting music dictate combat.

Well, I hope that it will be successful, as well as our operation! :P

Elite Beat Agents did a good job (though combat wasn't truly involved: it just changed some of the outcomes).

I don't know if MacroManJr put this up yet in this forum, but the petition is ready (I am just a messenger, not the creator)! Here it is: http://www.ipetition...perationmoogle/

Edited by The One Who Wrote This, 17 July 2011 - 06:02 AM.

#166 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:11 AM

Just a few remixes for Final Fantasy. Love 'em, hate 'em, doughnut care.
Spoiler

AuzzieWingman.png

#167 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:22 AM

Just a few remixes for Final Fantasy. Love 'em, hate 'em, doughnut care.

More songs:
Spoiler

#168 MacroManJr

MacroManJr

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:01 PM

Hey, guys. I'm so sorry I've been out for several days. Life's been in the way. First, I lost an apartment that was reserved in New York, because it wasn't available after all like they claimed it was, so I've been spending time searching for a new place (I may even have to move to Connecticut or New Jersey). Then, my one and only chair completely broke on me (I got rid of my old dinner table chairs because they're being replaced when I move), so I had to wait for a decent seat just so I can sit at the computer again. I haven't felt very good all last week. And now, my best friend's father just passed away from an illness. It's been rough.

But I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm still working on Operation Moogle, and the videos are still in development. I know it's been a while since I've been back, and I've only updated the Facebook and Twitter pages a couple of times. I thank you guys for continuing this effort. I see some of you have signed the other petition I've made available in addition to the one here.

I copied the petition to an ipetition.com site, just to make the petition as convenient as possible to some people. Some are willing to join this forum to sign it, and some aren't, so I've made the petition available in two places (though, I've described this forum's Petition Thread one as the better petition to support, since it best ensures the Wii U gets attention with this compilation).

Anyways, I'll probably be absent a few days to deal with my friend and to try to find a new home (because I have to have a place to move into before September 1, when my current apartment's lease is up). But I'll still be working on the Operation Moogle stuff, too. Just thought I'd let you know what's been up, and that I haven't lost interest or anything. Keep up the good effort!

Well, I hope that it will be successful, as well as our operation! :P

Elite Beat Agents did a good job (though combat wasn't truly involved: it just changed some of the outcomes).

I don't know if MacroManJr put this up yet in this forum, but the petition is ready (I am just a messenger, not the creator)! Here it is: http://www.ipetition...perationmoogle/

Thanks, Tho One Who Wrote This! You're all over the place, man! :unsure:

I'm just wondering, but do you think we should start a mail/email campaign like Operation Rainfall is doing? We could send mesages to Square Enix about how much we want the Final Fantasy HD collection. (Sorry if this has already been suggested)

That sounds like a good idea. I mean, after all, this is an entirely different case than with Operation Rainfall's campaign to Nintendo of America. Square Enix asked for us to do this, so why not start an email campaign? We can do that! Let's find some contact email addresses. Good suggestion, Andy!

Edited by MacroManJr, 17 July 2011 - 08:02 PM.

~Be about others, and you'll never be bored.~

Posted Image

#169 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:48 PM

Hey, guys. I'm so sorry I've been out for several days. Life's been in the way. First, I lost an apartment that was reserved in New York, because it wasn't available after all like they claimed it was, so I've been spending time searching for a new place (I may even have to move to Connecticut or New Jersey). Then, my one and only chair completely broke on me (I got rid of my old dinner table chairs because they're being replaced when I move), so I had to wait for a decent seat just so I can sit at the computer again. I haven't felt very good all last week. And now, my best friend's father just passed away from an illness. It's been rough.

But I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm still working on Operation Moogle, and the videos are still in development. I know it's been a while since I've been back, and I've only updated the Facebook and Twitter pages a couple of times. I thank you guys for continuing this effort. I see some of you have signed the other petition I've made available in addition to the one here.

I copied the petition to an ipetition.com site, just to make the petition as convenient as possible to some people. Some are willing to join this forum to sign it, and some aren't, so I've made the petition available in two places (though, I've described this forum's Petition Thread one as the better petition to support, since it best ensures the Wii U gets attention with this compilation).

Anyways, I'll probably be absent a few days to deal with my friend and to try to find a new home (because I have to have a place to move into before September 1, when my current apartment's lease is up). But I'll still be working on the Operation Moogle stuff, too. Just thought I'd let you know what's been up, and that I haven't lost interest or anything. Keep up the good effort!

Thanks, Tho One Who Wrote This! You're all over the place, man! ;)

That sounds like a good idea. I mean, after all, this is an entirely different case than with Operation Rainfall's campaign to Nintendo of America. Square Enix asked for us to do this, so why not start an email campaign? We can do that! Let's find some contact email addresses. Good suggestion, Andy!

Glad to help!! :unsure: Just tell me what to do, and I will help as much as I can (except for Twitter and creating videos [though getting supplies I can help with, though])! I can't wait to play this on the Wii U!!

Also, I hope things get better for you. It is pretty rough losing people that you know (and for people who you know to lose people that they know and love).

About the apartment, did they lie to you (if so, then :P to them) or was it a misunderstanding (if so, then still :unsure: to them)? Well, apartments in New York are pretty expensive anyways, so maybe you might find someplace that costs less. Stuff in New York is generally expensive anyways. I hope you find a place to live!

Do you need audio for the FF Videos? I do have all of FFV and FFVI's music, so let me know.

One thing though: I wont be available on Friday because I'll be on a trip to Pennsylvania. Also, I posted on my Facebook page (which is on Day 2 of being alive [yes, I am that slow in joining in the social media ;)]) a thing that tries to get as many people to come as they can. And yes, I am the guy who says "Please put V on there too!! By the way, I'm also known as "The One Who Wrote This"" on post #4 on the Operation Moogle Facebook page (the one about having a remaster of FFVII being #1). I have the Black Knight from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn as my image (no good images of myself). As long as there are good games on the collection (and/or ones I've never played [basically anything above 5 [excluding Renevant wings and some of the spin-offs]) and that it comes onto the Wii U, I'll be fine (though FFV deserves a remake either on the 3ds or the Wii U)!

Anyways, let me know how I can help, and I hopefully will be able to. :D

Edited by The One Who Wrote This, 18 July 2011 - 04:52 PM.

#170 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:08 AM

This new layout is not of my liking!!

Also, what is the newest update with the operation?

Edited by The One Who Wrote This, 20 July 2011 - 06:09 AM.

#171 MacroManJr

MacroManJr

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:48 AM

Glad to help!! Posted Image Just tell me what to do, and I will help as much as I can (except for Twitter and creating videos [though getting supplies I can help with, though])! I can't wait to play this on the Wii U!!

Also, I hope things get better for you. It is pretty rough losing people that you know (and for people who you know to lose people that they know and love).

About the apartment, did they lie to you (if so, then Posted Image to them) or was it a misunderstanding (if so, then still Posted Image to them)? Well, apartments in New York are pretty expensive anyways, so maybe you might find someplace that costs less. Stuff in New York is generally expensive anyways. I hope you find a place to live!

Do you need audio for the FF Videos? I do have all of FFV and FFVI's music, so let me know.

One thing though: I wont be available on Friday because I'll be on a trip to Pennsylvania. Also, I posted on my Facebook page (which is on Day 2 of being alive [yes, I am that slow in joining in the social media Posted Image]) a thing that tries to get as many people to come as they can. And yes, I am the guy who says "Please put V on there too!! By the way, I'm also known as "The One Who Wrote This"" on post #4 on the Operation Moogle Facebook page (the one about having a remaster of FFVII being #1). I have the Black Knight from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn as my image (no good images of myself). As long as there are good games on the collection (and/or ones I've never played [basically anything above 5 [excluding Renevant wings and some of the spin-offs]) and that it comes onto the Wii U, I'll be fine (though FFV deserves a remake either on the 3ds or the Wii U)!

Anyways, let me know how I can help, and I hopefully will be able to. Posted Image

Thanks a lot for your fervent support, dude! You and Blade and all of you guys here really carry this thing! Have a good trip to Pennsylvania--maybe I'll bump into you over here! :P And I'll take whatever clips you'll throw at me.

Just to give you guys an update, I'm working on a little special something to add to the videos. To make these videos even more interesting, I'm adding some custom 3D animation to the end of the videos.

Primarily, I plan to render a small scene at the end of the video compilation that takes some of the characters from the most popular Final Fantasy games, and have them act out a short little melee fight scene against their main bosses of their respective games, and then end in the scene with the protagonists together looking admirably at an Operation Moogle logo, finally ending the compilations with, "Please help make this Final Fantasy HD collection a final reality!" It'd be about 30 to 45 seconds long, give or take.

This will not only get the attention of people to look at our videos and our cause, and hopefully get the imagination going in other people of just what we're looking at with this compilation, but also would undoubtedly get our video some notice on a few 3D sites I'm a regular contributor to. There's some sites just waiting to show people's 3D work, and I can mention word of this work in the videos on my personal blog sites, which gets quite a few repeat visitors a day (checking to see if I updated my stupid blogs--I'm so bad at keeping them!).

Plus, I just REALLY want an excuse to do this! I think it'd add a little more boost to our energy, and perhaps serve as an example of something we could do again. I'd like to hear more ideas for little animations. I think using the original content of the Final Fantasy videos you guys are posting up and mixing a little original content of our own might spice things up a bit. Just a little something to shake the imagination even more about this collection! I'll be posting up a few screen shots at what I'm working on so far in just a little while.

Posted Image

#172 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:35 AM

Thanks a lot for your fervent support, dude! You and Blade and all of you guys here really carry this thing! Have a good trip to Pennsylvania--maybe I'll bump into you over here! :P And I'll take whatever clips you'll throw at me.

Just to give you guys an update, I'm working on a little special something to add to the videos. To make these videos even more interesting, I'm adding some custom 3D animation to the end of the videos.

Primarily, I plan to render a small scene at the end of the video compilation that takes some of the characters from the most popular Final Fantasy games, and have them act out a short little melee fight scene against their main bosses of their respective games, and then end in the scene with the protagonists together looking admirably at an Operation Moogle logo, finally ending the compilations with, "Please help make this Final Fantasy HD collection a final reality!" It'd be about 30 to 45 seconds long, give or take.

This will not only get the attention of people to look at our videos and our cause, and hopefully get the imagination going in other people of just what we're looking at with this compilation, but also would undoubtedly get our video some notice on a few 3D sites I'm a regular contributor to. There's some sites just waiting to show people's 3D work, and I can mention word of this work in the videos on my personal blog sites, which gets quite a few repeat visitors a day (checking to see if I updated my stupid blogs--I'm so bad at keeping them!).

Plus, I just REALLY want an excuse to do this! I think it'd add a little more boost to our energy, and perhaps serve as an example of something we could do again. I'd like to hear more ideas for little animations. I think using the original content of the Final Fantasy videos you guys are posting up and mixing a little original content of our own might spice things up a bit. Just a little something to shake the imagination even more about this collection! I'll be posting up a few screen shots at what I'm working on so far in just a little while.

3d animation = EPIC WIN!! Do you want me to PM you the link for the music? Also, thanks for the good wishing on the trip!

Edited by The One Who Wrote This, 20 July 2011 - 07:39 AM.

#173 MacroManJr

MacroManJr

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:16 PM

Sure, TheOneWhoWroteThis, you can post the links here on the forum or PM them to me--either way's fine!

And just to take bring some more notice to a good idea, if you guys got any ideas for the design of the Operation Moogle YouTube Channel, be sure to leave them at the thread that Blade started dedicated to this topic. You can leave your designs there so that there can be a little something more interesting for the channel. We'll need something to match what I expect to be some neat videos to endorse our cause! We've got to spark the imagination of Final Fantasy fans everywhere, so get the creative juices flowing and throw your creative ideas out there!

By the way, here are a few screenshots of the early concepts for the 3D animation. These are early and will look a lot better once they've been textured, scaled for the characters, shot with cameras, etc.:

Posted Image

This is a concept design for the "Operation Moogle" font in the animation. It's still early, so nothing's final yet. The final design chosen will look better incorporated within the actual scene.

Posted Image

This is what the desert-like landscape looks like in early production. It doesn't look much like a landscape yet, but it will.

Posted Image

Another shot of the landscape. It's basically just a plane that I sculpted with a texture brush, for any of you guys interested in the process.

Posted Image

Here's a camera shot of that landscape. Again, this is an early shot. It'll look even better with textures and proper lighting and blowing dust and trees and everything. Most of all, it'll look epic with the characters in the fight scene, with dynamic camera shots and physical interactions with the landscape and stuff! Check out this Final Fantasy wiki page and you'll see a bit of where I'm aiming with this.

Anyways, it ain't much to look at in this early stage of production, but I hope you guys like it so far. Let me know if you like the font or it there's another style you'd like to see. I tried to match the "Operation Moogle" font on our official signature image. But whatever gets chosen, it'll look a lot better in the final composition. And as always, your feedback is appreciated!

I'll be trying to cover a lot of ground on developing it daily to finish ASAP. I'm charged with zeal to do this. I'll be trying to post something new daily or every other day!

Edited by MacroManJr, 20 July 2011 - 08:01 PM.

Posted Image

#174 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:54 AM

Spoiler

Looks cool! Which program is that, may I ask? I see Blender.org, but what's the name of it? Just noticed that it was the one and the same.... Also, I noticed how you said that you know C++ on your profile. Do you know how to play music and sound effects at the same time? I seriously don't know how to do that. Is it with SDL?

Which desert is that going to be? http://finalfantasy....com/wiki/Desert has pretty much all of the deserts in the Final Fantasy games. You provided that link already.

About the logo, it looks good to start. I got a humorous idea: make it like the THX logo. :P

Edited by The One Who Wrote This, 21 July 2011 - 09:44 AM.

#175 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 21 July 2011 - 02:12 PM

Sure, TheOneWhoWroteThis, you can post the links here on the forum or PM them to me--either way's fine!

And just to take bring some more notice to a good idea, if you guys got any ideas for the design of the Operation Moogle YouTube Channel, be sure to leave them at the thread that Blade started dedicated to this topic. You can leave your designs there so that there can be a little something more interesting for the channel. We'll need something to match what I expect to be some neat videos to endorse our cause! We've got to spark the imagination of Final Fantasy fans everywhere, so get the creative juices flowing and throw your creative ideas out there!

By the way, here are a few screenshots of the early concepts for the 3D animation. These are early and will look a lot better once they've been textured, scaled for the characters, shot with cameras, etc.:

Posted Image

This is a concept design for the "Operation Moogle" font in the animation. It's still early, so nothing's final yet. The final design chosen will look better incorporated within the actual scene.

Posted Image

This is what the desert-like landscape looks like in early production. It doesn't look much like a landscape yet, but it will.

Posted Image

Another shot of the landscape. It's basically just a plane that I sculpted with a texture brush, for any of you guys interested in the process.

Posted Image

Here's a camera shot of that landscape. Again, this is an early shot. It'll look even better with textures and proper lighting and blowing dust and trees and everything. Most of all, it'll look epic with the characters in the fight scene, with dynamic camera shots and physical interactions with the landscape and stuff! Check out this Final Fantasy wiki page and you'll see a bit of where I'm aiming with this.

Anyways, it ain't much to look at in this early stage of production, but I hope you guys like it so far. Let me know if you like the font or it there's another style you'd like to see. I tried to match the "Operation Moogle" font on our official signature image. But whatever gets chosen, it'll look a lot better in the final composition. And as always, your feedback is appreciated!

I'll be trying to cover a lot of ground on developing it daily to finish ASAP. I'm charged with zeal to do this. I'll be trying to post something new daily or every other day!

Man you are awesome. How did you learn how to use blender?

Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#176 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:59 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow man, that looks GREAT! Keep it up!

Also, sorry I can't be of much help other than the Youtube channel, but I been kinda busy lately, so sorry :P
But, I'm thinking of new ways to promote, but I don't know yet.
Sorry.

Posted Image

#177 MacroManJr

MacroManJr

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:42 PM

Wow man, that looks GREAT! Keep it up!

Also, sorry I can't be of much help other than the Youtube channel, but I been kinda busy lately, so sorry ;)
But, I'm thinking of new ways to promote, but I don't know yet.
Sorry.

[/left][/left]

No need to apologize, dude! If anything, I completely understand! And your help with the YouTube channel is a big help! We'll be using that channel as a big part of promoting this cause! Whatever more you add to it would just be bonus, because you've already started a big helping factor for Operation Moogle! You did and are doing a great job!

I've been quite occupied myself besides this endeavor. It's okay--we'll just take our time and ideas will eventually come for the YouTube channel and whatever else, all in gradual time. There's no sense of obligation or urgency here or anything. Take your time and relax. In fact, that's my advice to all of you.

We'll probably have this thing going for a while, and as long as Square Enix is still wanting a voice, we'll keep this open and just develop it gradually, so there's no kind of rush or obligation here. In fact, I've been taking it easy myself this last week. A lot of things in life just come up, but this continues to be something I want to do.

I've got to find a new apartment soon and be completely moved before September, I've got a few projects I need to gain some ground on, and unfortunately, there was a crime committed right outside my apartment building last night (it's on the local news and everything). This makes me want to move out of this place even sooner. It's not really a bad place to live around here, but it's just that I live near Philadelphia, and we get some of the crimes moving from rough city towards out here in rural places. But no worries--I'll be moved to a much better place soon, hopefully (if I can just find a stankin' available apartment first! Hahaha!).

But yeah, guys, just take this Operation Moogle effort with relaxation. There's no timeline, really. We're just trying to gradually gain more people's attentions, and Operation Moogle will likely be here for quite a while. Whatever ideas and efforts you can contribute, do it at your own pace, without busting your brains over it, and without costing time away from other areas in your lives or anything. And be sure to enjoy your summer! Savor the summer!

I thank you guys a lot for what you have and do contribute to this cause! We've got some cool people here (this is probably my favorite forum site), and there's a reason why this thread's gotten over 3,300 views so far (which is almost 5 times as many views as our blog site)--you guys all help keep it interesting! I know that as we gradually build Operation Moogle, we'll get that strong voice that Square Enix wants, and we'll get our Final Fantasy HD collection yet! Keep up the good work...gradually!

{As an update on the animation, I'm modeling the characters, which are the most complex things to develop in the animation. I've got some vegetation in the works. And I'm working on creating a decent enough dust to blow in the wind. I'm taking snapshots along the way.}

Man you are awesome. How did you learn how to use blender?[/left][/left]

Tutorial videos posted on BlenderNation, reading wiki guides online, a lot of playing around with features, and practice (which is really just more playing around). Once you learn Blender's interface, it's actually one of the fastest 3D modelers out there, both to learn and to use. Actually, one of the things I've been slacking off on is a few videos showing how to use some of Blender's neatest features. People who read my work blog are still waiting for it. I'll get to it, especially since a lot of people lately have been asking me how I use Blender. The secret with Blender is learning its intuitive keyboard shortcuts--makes using Blender a breeze.

Edited by MacroManJr, 25 July 2011 - 05:43 PM.

Posted Image

#178 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:03 PM

I hope that you find an apartment soon (and that it will be a safe place)!! By the way, thanks for the complement about all of us!! I'll try to get you as many links as I can for you via PMing, but I am a little bit busy (Virtual US History class and China Painting School). I will still help as much as I can. Good luck on everything (especially the character models moving and the detail like the dust)!! Also, who are the fighters in this scene?

Off topic, but did you hear about Megaman Legends 3 being cancelled? Well, someone created a Facebook page here to help try to get it back: http://www.facebook....GetMeOffTheMoon It's worth trying. About our page, we have 37 likes, so we might need to get some more, even though we have plenty of time.

Pleasure working with ALL of you!!

Edited by The One Who Wrote This, 25 July 2011 - 06:10 PM.

#179 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:11 PM

I posted a link on the 10,000 strong for bring back Megaman legends 3 and Revive MegaMan Legends 3 walls. I think this will help us a lot, but we should help them out as well guys and other pages like them. Also thanks MacroManJr for that info, i may go back to trying to learn blender again.

Edited by zxride64, 27 July 2011 - 07:18 PM.

Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#180 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:21 AM

You know what?
I think I'm going to use my RPG VX skills to make a promotional video for Operation Moogle.
WAIT AND SEE!!!

AuzzieWingman.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!